Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Gardai (sadly) can’t arrest someone for having ‘sincerely held beliefs’. I doubt Ibraham even has any along the MB thinking. And even if he does, it still doesn’t make him a terrorist. But in your thinking it does, simply cos he has a different faith and skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

gypsy79 wrote: »
    I suspect him as a terrorist due to some of the acts I have seen him on video

If you are willing to look, you will find that his families social media wasn't as clean as it is now. They did a major clean up. Is it so hard to believe that there the Clonskeagh mosque has some very worrying links?

Do your research

But the 'research' you did, is now gone, so we can't go see for ourselves. What did he do on video that leads you to defame this lad make you believe he's a terrorist? Any of these video's still exist which you can point us to, backing up your beliefs?

On a side note, your post reads reallllly Trumpish.

It has never been mentioned. That is our problem. RTE and the media has ignored the evidence

If you have concrete evidence of anything your suggesting it’s the first I’ve heard of it and if you’re so concerned about it, surely you have a responsibility to go to the Gardai and media rather than waffling on the internet?

Show us some of evidence. Gwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

seamus wrote: »
    So you think Muslims should be confined to saying certain words in designated locations only?

That phrase in particular is said in many contexts by Muslims, usually several times a day in normal usage, as well as in celebration, triumph, mourning and other contexts.

If someone saying it while celebrating makes you nervous, then that speaks to your ignorance.

Maybe if you saw someone running through an airport shouting it, you might have good cause to be nervous. But standing in jubilant crowd? Yeah, that's your own crap.

ya sure it's not like it was never shouted before in a ''jubilant crowd''. as in some of the ''other contexts '' you refer to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

What do people have against this lad? Not being smart, I am just trying to get a solid understanding of the issues that people have with him.

• Advertisement

Suggestions for where your outrage energy can be better spent fighting against

Scientologists having a recruitment festival here in Ireland soon. They brain wash people. Stop them!

Radical catholics trying to force Irish women in Ireland to have babies even after rape or finding out their baby won’t live after birth. They’re terrorising these women’s lives from behind a keyboard. Fight that.

Berserker wrote: »
    What do people have against this lad? Not being smart, I am just trying to get a solid understanding of the issues that people have with him.

Good luck getting an answer to that that isn’t simply he’s a terrorist he’s a Muslim he’s brown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

He was videoed on stage giving a speech during a hate rally, both him and his family have proven to be supporters/members of the Muslim brotherhood.

He was videoed on stage giving a speech during a hate rally, both him and his family have proven to be supporters/members of the Muslim brotherhood.

Link?

david75 wrote: »
    Scientologists having a recruitment festival here in Ireland soon. They brain wash people. Stop them!

They are holding recruitment festivals here under the guise of social justice, anti-racism conventions and the like all the time. They'll fill that centre out in Firhouse by this time next year.

• Advertisement

Link?

It was easy enough to find a couple of weeks ago and was linked to in this thread. If you're so interested in watching then do a search yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good luck getting an answer to that that isn’t simply he’s a terrorist he’s a Muslim he’s brown

I dont think anyone is against him for his skin colour

I just think RTE, the media and government are painting him as a hero not asking any tough questions yet he was in Egypt protesting for Muslim Brotherhood which even if he was 17 he choose to protest

• Registered Users Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The only people who have mentioned his Colour or "Brown" are those defending him.

That's least 8 people on this thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Ibrahim is a suspected terrorist who put himself in the firing line

Suspected by who exactly, apart from the internet rabble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

RustyNut wrote: »

Be the Egyptian government for one

Look, if you want to see his families dubious links, you can find them easy

Start here:
    http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

RustyNut wrote: »

By the Egyptian government for one

Start here:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

By the Egyptian government for one

Start here:

But the Egyptian dictatorship produced no evidence against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

It was absolutely right of the government to intervene and get him home.

But his arrival should have been low key with no media presence. He should have been rushed through the airport with no opportunity for photographs or statements or any kind of grandstanding. His stupid behaviour has wasted a huge amount of government and DFA Officials' time, and public money. He needs to get that message through his head, instead of behaving as if he's some kind of hero who is now going to go on to save the world and write a book etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭satguy

I think we just got Drone and Jet confused.

But his arrival should have been low key with no media presence. He should have been rushed through the airport with no opportunity for photographs or statements or any kind of grandstanding. His stupid behaviour has wasted a huge amount of government and DFA Officials' time, and public money. He needs to get that message through his head, instead of behaving as if he's some kind of hero who is now going to go on to save the world and write a book etc etc.

It's not going to help when he's on with tubridy and made out to be some sort of national hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So there were chants of Aluha Ackbar at Dublin Airport ..... and the liberals applaud this .... JESUS H ****ING CHRIST

Heard it was a fella that posts right here that was chanting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Have to laugh. Someone said "Allah Akbar" was shouted at the airport and the usual little supporter chimed in straight away with their usual "prove it, where's your proof?" as if they felt there'd be none coming,

Then someone links the clip and you can clearly here Takbir, Allah Akbar being chanted over and over.

Then the same little supporter... oh that just means thank god and it's cool to chant in a western airport.

Why so defensive in the first place? Farce. I do hope you enjoyed your day out though.

Agree with you. Whether people have an issue with him or not, he is an Irish citizen, so the government acted correctly by intervening.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Have to laugh. Someone said "Allah Akbar" was shouted at the airport and the usual little supporter chimed in straight away with their usual "prove it, where's your proof?" as if they felt there'd be none coming,

Then someone links the clip and you can clearly here Takbir, Allah Akbar being chanted over and over.

What's the problem with "Allah Akbar" being chanted?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I dont think anyone is against him for his skin colour

I just think RTE, the media and government are painting him as a hero not asking any tough questions yet he was in Egypt protesting for Muslim Brotherhood which even if he was 17 he choose to protest

Nobody is treating anyone like a hero. Their job was to cover the trial and his home coming. They did that. Show me any coverage anywhere that uses any words even remotely connected to hero.

Nobody is treating anyone like a hero. Their job was to cover the trial and his home coming. They did that. How me any coverage anywhere that uses any words even remotely connected to hero.

Ya just wait until tubridy gets hold of him.

Ya just wait until tubridy gets hold of him.

Tubridy is known for being a terrible host and a worse interviewer. He recites peoples cv at them with a question attached off it. This actually would or might go hard for Ibraham.

If he isn’t going on the late late it would raise eyebrows. Does anyone know either way?

Or is it people in this thread once again making huge jumps to conclusions?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Omackeral wrote: »

Then the same little supporter... oh that just means thank god and it's cool to chant in a western airport.

Why so defensive in the first place? Farce. I do hope you enjoyed your day out though.

Ah sure twas just a bit of a laugh we have with our christian and "Muslim" friends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The only people who have mentioned his Colour or "Brown" are those defending him.

That's least 8 people on this thread now.

It’s the default setting when anybody questions anything ever.

“It’s cos he’s brown”
    “It’s cos he’s Muslim”
    “It’s cos he’s gay”
    “It’s cos he/she/they/their/zee/whatever the latest one happens to be is non binary”

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭gw80

Agree with you. Whether people have an issue with him or not, he is an Irish citizen, so the government acted correctly by intervening.

What's the problem with "Allah Akbar" being chanted?

Seems a bit strange to me, he grew up in the west, im sure he is well aware of the context we in the west attribute to the praise,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement