Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,089 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

mfceiling wrote: »
    You shouted "Allah Akbar" loads of times in European airports and never got a second glance?

When was this? 1965? Certainly not in the last 15 years anyway.

I went through Orly airport last year and the police were using racial profiling there - lots of younger middle eastern lads being taken aside for questioning, additional checks etc.

I'd imagine you letting a roar of "Allah Akbar" there would have went down great.

I'm glad im not the only one who smelt the BS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

have you any proof that he is a muslim brotherhood supporter? addressing a protest isn't proof

it just so happened to be the mb.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

no Christians are slaughtering innocents in airports

they tend to prefer cinemas and schools instead.
    whilst shouting "Thank god", those of us with common sense, you of course excluded, have every right to be troubled by chants of Alan's Snackbar in Dublin airport. At best it's monstrously inconsiderate, at worst it's exceptionally troubling.

ah suck it up and get over it. in what way is it troubling. it's only saying god is great.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Frightening to hear the bellowing of allah Akbar in the RTÉ news clip. Even zappone seems taken aback. She is some clown in fairness. The joke is on the Irish people though :/

Yet you'll hear "God Bless" mentioned every day, and don't bat an eyelid. But because it's a different language, it must be sinister.

Hilarious really, quite a few of the Halawa supporters here deride and mock Christianity, yet they quote the traditional Christian “God is good “ to give respectability to “Alluhah Akbar” , a phrase sadly now more often heard in the context of Islamic fundamentalist bombings, beheadings etc. As for Zappone, no credibility there . Muslim fundamentalist sympathizers and their new best friend the lesbian feminist ! Ya couldnt make it up ! Nuff said !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

What do yis want to happen here?
    Deport him?
    Put a 24hour Garda surveillance on him?
    And presumably all of his family and those of his faith?
    He’s a threat to the country arrest him?

In a paragraph what’s your actual problem? Try and form that thought and type it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

ah suck it up and get over it. in what way is it troubling. it's only saying god is great.

Actually it means God is Greater, the battle of Jihadists the world over it's not something you say after someone sneezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Yet you'll hear "God Bless" mentioned every day, and don't bat an eyelid. But because it's a different language, it must be sinister.
    its nothing to do with the language , but that the only language you'll here it shouted in as someone lights the fuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

its nothing to do with the language , but that the only language you'll here it shouted in as someone lights the fuse

Is it any difference than lads shouting up the ra/limerick supporters singing sean south at hurling matches??

Chances are...next time ya hear of this lad will be drunken/off his head and caught on camera as happens any person of early 20s

Maybe it's idiots being idiots?

Hilarious really, quite a few of the Halawa supporters here deride and mock Christianity, yet they quote the traditional Christian “God is good “ to give respectability to “Alluhah Akbar” , a phrase sadly now more often heard in the context of Islamic fundamentalist bombings, beheadings etc. As for Zappone, no credibility there . Muslim fundamentalist sympathizers and their new best friend the lesbian feminist ! Ya couldnt make it up ! Nuff said !

You live in a country which 38% of voters are of the belief, based on their catholic faith, that gay people are unequal and don’t deserve equal rights. Thankfully we shut those fvckin morons up sadly now they’re terrorising women’s rights.

If you’re trying to say we as a nation are better and Islam is an unevolved throwback cos of the way they treat women and gays you’re digging a hole for yourself.

david75 wrote:
    If you’re trying to say we as a nation are better and Islam is an unevolved throwback cos of the way they treat women and gays you’re digging a hole for yourself.

How many gay people have been hurled off buildings in Ireland, women whipped for being raped. Take your time and let me know when and where these incidents happened in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

The crowd shouting Takbir, Allahu Akbar inside Dublin airport is quite worrying to me. While this is a traditional Islamic announcement and can be used as an exclamation of joy, such as when a child who was trapped in a Bangladesh building collapse was rescued, it is more usually associated with a defiant exhortation and that was the tone I got from the shouts at the airport today. Either way, shouting Takbir Allahu Akbar in a Western airport should in no way be defended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We should build a wall

Lukker- wrote: »
    We should build a wall

Or a bridge and get over it

Chances are...next time ya hear of this lad will be drunken/off his head and caught on camera as happens any person of early 20s

You know the lad is Muslim right?

Is it any difference than lads shouting up the ra/limerick supporters singing sean south at hurling matches??

Maybe it's idiots being idiots?
    big difference , while i think singing those type of songs is daft , football supporters or limerick supports haven't started suicide bombing as the shout and roar .
    for the record i think ole ole ole is sh1te as well , as is the constant moaning of the same four or five lines about some field in athenry

could be right about the idiot's though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

david75 wrote: »

You live in a country which 38% of voters are of the belief, based on their catholic faith, that gay people are unequal and don’t deserve equal rights. Thankfully we shut those fvckin morons up sadly now they’re terrorising women’s rights.

Nah pal, but you just proved my argument - your Islamic “love in” while branding Christians as “f***in morons” says it all

Or a bridge and get over it

I like it. But I would prefer a wall after the bridge, and perhaps some sort of moat in between

Reading this thread it's not difficult to see how and why populism is so widespread now. The amount of unsubstantiated claims that get referred to, any attempt at actual debate goes out the window and it's just two sides throwing sh*t at each other.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    How many gay people have been hurled off buildings in Ireland, women whipped for being raped. Take your time and let me know when and where these incidents happened in Ireland.

There’s a billion Muslims in the world. This doesn’t happen where they are. It happens in radicalised cells in occupied countries. Less than a few hundred men armed and angry and claiming to fight for their god and kill all us heretics.

Didn’t happen apart from that. Anywhere. You’re living in cloud cuckoo if you think it’s a regular occurance on a daily basis in Saudi or Jordan or Lebanon. It doesn’t. It would happen here if certain elements of the catholic mouthpieces had had their way but thankfully it didn’t.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    You know the lad is Muslim right?

Do you know any Muslims personally? Because I know plenty that get f*cked up at the weekends just like the rest of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why not? He's born and reared in Dublin.

Doesnt identify as such though does he

Autochange wrote: »
    Irish people need to make up their minds about what type of country they want and the people allowed into it.

http://theliberal.ie/irelands-prodigal-son-ibrahim-halawas-father-claims-homosexuality-is-sinful/

Quoting the liberal won’t help anyone. That’s a fool on his bedroom running that page who had been charged and convicted with plagerism and is basically a Katie Hopkins wannabe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

I thought he was supposed to be on hungry strike? lol.

Quoting the liberal won’t help anyone. That’s a fool on his bedroom running that page who had been charged and convicted with plagerism and is basically a Katie Hopkins wannabe

That's prob why it resonates with many posters here:pac:

big difference , while i think singing those type of songs is daft , football supporters or limerick supports haven't started suicide bombing as the shout and roar .
    for the record i think ole ole ole is sh1te as well , as is the constant moaning of the same four or five lines about some field in athenry

could be right about the idiot's though

Our own national anthem is about us celebrating us killing Brits.

Do you know any Muslims personally? Because I know plenty that get f*cked up at the weekends just like the rest of us
    i know only one to be honest and whenever we meet when were out i have never seen him drink , but to be fair myself and the lads always tell him its because he's a miserable tight git and he uses his religion as an excuse . he's able to hold his own in the slaggin to i can tell ya

That's prob why it resonates with many posters here:pac:

Good point. Not the brightest bulbs on the tree it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There’s a billion Muslims in the world. This doesn’t happen where they are. It happens in radicalised cells in occupied countries. Less than a few hundred men armed and angry and claiming to fight for their god and kill all us heretics.

Didn’t happen apart from that. Anywhere. You’re living in cloud cuckoo if you think it’s a regular occurance on a daily basis in Saudi or Jordan or Lebanon. It doesn’t. It would happen here if certain elements of the catholic mouthpieces had had their way but thankfully it didn’t.

11,000 honour crimes, including rape and murder in the UK over the past 5 years. But it’s just “radicalised cells in occupied countries”. When did UK become occupied??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mfceiling wrote: »
    You shouted "Allah Akbar" loads of times in European airports and never got a second glance?

When was this? 1965? Certainly not in the last 15 years anyway.

I went through Orly airport last year and the police were using racial profiling there - lots of younger middle eastern lads being taken aside for questioning, additional checks etc.

I'd imagine you letting a roar of "Allah Akbar" there would have went down great.

Never heard of orly airport but I genuinely have shouted it in Dublin airport, Frankfurt,Munich, London, Budapest, Poland, Lisbon, .

I never got a second glance as I am just a pale white old man,.only really started doing it since after 2001 funny enough.

Never been singled out for extra searches disturbingly enough . If I was a brownie I would be on my way to guantamato bay in a orange jumpsuit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

11,000 honour crimes, including rape and murder in the UK over the past 5 years. But it’s just “radicalised cells in occupied countriesâ€. When did UK become occupied??

Maybe read into that a bit further. Honour crimes are a bigger problem with Sikhs and Hindus than with Muslims. Some Christians indulge in them too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement