Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

david75 wrote: »
    Lukker- wrote: »
    That's prob why it resonates with many posters here:pac:

Good point. Not the brightest bulbs on the tree it seems.

There's 3 posters in particular who I'd imagine would have difficulty finding sand on a beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Tilikum wrote: »
    I thought he was supposed to be on hungry strike? lol.
    Tilikum wrote: »

He is , he's on it after breakfast , lunch and dinner !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

davycc wrote: »
    Never heard of orly airport but I genuinely have shouted it in Dublin airport, Frankfurt,Munich, London, Budapest, Poland, Lisbon, .

I never got a second glance as I am just a pale white old man,.only really started doing it since after 2001 funny enough.

Never been singled out for extra searches disturbingly enough . If I was a brownie I would be on my way to guantamato bay in a orange jumpsuit
    Of course you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Our own national anthem is about us celebrating us killing Brits.

No it isn't.suggesting it is disrespectful in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Well that's certainly one way to quell any questions over the MB affiliations .... chanting superstitions fanatically as he steps out of the lift.

Glad it's over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Never heard of orly airport but I genuinely have shouted it in Dublin airport, Frankfurt,Munich, London, Budapest, Poland, Lisbon, .

I never got a second glance as I am just a pale white old man,.only really started doing it since after 2001 funny enough.

Never been singled out for extra searches disturbingly enough . If I was a brownie I would be on my way to guantamato bay in a orange jumpsuit

If this is even true why would you do it anyway?

People have been slaughtered in European cites by terrorists shouting those words.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Hilarious really, quite a few of the Halawa supporters here deride and mock Christianity, yet they quote the traditional Christian “God is good “ to give respectability to “Alluhah Akbar” , a phrase sadly now more often heard in the context of Islamic fundamentalist bombings, beheadings etc. As for Zappone, no credibility there . Muslim fundamentalist sympathizers and their new best friend the lesbian feminist ! Ya couldnt make it up ! Nuff said !

Alluhah Akbar doesn't need respectability given to it as it is a respectable phraze.
    Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Actually it means God is Greater, the battle of Jihadists the world over it's not something you say after someone sneezes.

okay, it means god is greater. so what? a few nuts use it as a battle cry, so what?
    its nothing to do with the language , but that the only language you'll here it shouted in as someone lights the fuse

maybe spend some time with muslims rather thenlistening to the tv?
    You know the lad is Muslim right?

some muslims drink.
    tupenny wrote: »
    Doesnt identify as such though does he

does he not? if so, so what? he is still irish.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Well that's certainly one way to quell any questions over the MB affiliations .... chanting superstitions fanatically as he steps out of the lift.

Glad it's over.

I actually suspected they'd approach his homecoming with a bit of tact and possibly a PR job from the likes of terry prone and the RTÉ darlings...

Not a bit of it.

Straight into the aggressive bellowing of that oh so controversial chant -you gotta laugh at the brazenness of it all.

Zappone looked stunned, for a second I thought she was going to join in with them but somehow that brain kicked into gear just in time!

A real GUBU moment for reeling in the years eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I actually suspected they'd approach his homecoming with a bit of tact and possibly a PR job from the likes of terry prone and the RTÉ darlings...

Always thoughts he'd be a shoe in for LLS or D'Arcy. It'll probably take a while and he'll appear when his book is released. This is quality victim material. The media here love this kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

You live in a country which 38% of voters are of the belief, based on their catholic faith, that gay people are unequal and don’t deserve equal rights. Thankfully we shut those fvckin morons up sadly now they’re terrorising women’s rights.

If you’re trying to say we as a nation are better and Islam is an unevolved throwback cos of the way they treat women and gays you’re digging a hole for yourself.

If you think the catholics (or those fvcking morons as you referred to them) were persecuting you, you should really check out how your equal rights campaign would have went down in downtown ME.

Death or Life in prison, which will it be sir ?

It is you that is digging a hole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Berserker wrote: »
    Always thoughts he'd be a shoe in for LLS or D'Arcy. It'll probably take a while and he'll appear when his book is released. This is quality victim material. The media here love this kind of stuff.

At this rate wouldn't bet against him walking out and the audience joining in the allah Akbar chant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Ibrahim logs into his Boards account for the first time in four years. "I'll just have a little read of this. Be grand."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Straight into the aggressive bellowing of that oh so controversial chant -you gotta laugh at the brazenness of it all.

It is a phrase used in dozens of normal and innocuous situations - surprise, joy, emphasis, comfort. It is the equivalent of someone saying God Bless, Thank God, God help us etc.

It is unfortunate that it has been tainted by being used in terror situations but portraying it as "aggresive" is to completely misunderstand it. Someone saying it at Halawa's arrival was perfectly natural - and innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

You know the lad is Muslim right?

Yas???

I've met and worked with plenty that drink and get off their face same as almost everyone else my age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Was his auld fella able to make it the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

You live in a country which 38% of voters are of the belief, based on their catholic faith, that gay people are unequal and don’t deserve equal rights.

Have you got a link for where you got this very specific percentage? You wouldn't have made it up now would you ? I think you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

First Up wrote: »
    It is a phrase used in dozens of normal and innocuous situations - surprise, joy, emphasis, comfort. It is the equivalent of someone saying God Bless, Thank God, God help us etc.

It is unfortunate that it has been tainted by being used in terror situations but portraying it as "aggresive" is to completely misunderstand it. Someone saying it at Halawa's arrival was perfectly natural - and innocent.

Just a point of clarification. You are talking through your arse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takbir

I think the Irish Embassy's consular work for this mans plight may have deserved the supposed gratitude in this case.

But do carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

STB. wrote:
    Carry on.

Read on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Suggest you look at the stats of the opinions and sympathy the radicals have among "tolerant" Muslims, it's quite shocking.

This is what should be leading the 9 o clock news tonight not the virtue signalling nonsense RTE are churning out for dim witted citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

Is this the end of it? No more talking about the "irishman" Ibrahim Halawa?
    God help us all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Tilikum wrote:

He could market it as a new diet "How to not eat but still look healthy"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

People have been slaughtered in European cites by terrorists shouting those words.

Of course it’s not true.

Lukker- wrote:
    Do you know any Muslims personally? Because I know plenty that get f*cked up at the weekends just like the rest of us

So your Muslim buddies don't follow the strictures of their faith. Shocking stuff. The young lads auld fella is the Inman at Clonskeagh what do you think are the odds that he follows the rule of his faith?

david75 wrote:
    Didn’t happen apart from that. Anywhere. You’re living in cloud cuckoo if you think it’s a regular occurance on a daily basis in Saudi or Jordan or Lebanon. It doesn’t. It would happen here if certain elements of the catholic mouthpieces had had their way but thankfully it didn’t.

So hasn't happened in Catholic Ireland but it has in Muslim countries thanks for confirming what I asked.

Tilikum wrote:

Seems his diet had the opposite effect of what little or no food usually results in. Maybe someone was telling lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I'm actually hopefully. I don't worry about him coming back as a radicalised Jihadi. I think he may turn around to his father and tell him he is full of shït.

davycc wrote:
    Post a link (Youtube) of you doing it in a Polish airport, I'd pay money to see it.
    davycc wrote:

BS tbh.

I think he's lying. He needs to provide proof.

okay, it means god is greater. so what? a few nuts use it as a battle cry, so what?

A few nuts? what constitutes a lot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Tell us,in what context have you shouted it?were you travelling alone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement