Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

If not liking Islam makes me or the millions of people who dislike Islam bigots, then that's fine with me. Many of us expose it for the nonsense it is.
    givyjoe wrote: »
    Yep, that's exactly what makes you a bigot. Glad you've accepted it. If only others here could be so honest.

Hehe oh givyjoe - you do know what the word 'Bigot actually means?

Let me help you out there ...
    Bigot
    a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

You quoted this in reply to one of my posts earlier...
    .. I find many things distasteful, such as your points of view.. your posting style and also the views of some other religions.. both Christianity and Islam actually..

So does that make you a bigot? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

AlekSmart wrote:
    In your opinion,but I'm afraid I'll remain conservatively sceptical if you don't mind ?

There are opinions and there are facts. Try not to get them mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

gozunda wrote:
    Let me help you out there ...

You left out the bit about being unreasonably attached to a belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

dav3 wrote: »
    It's over lads, time to move on with your lives.

The question now is, who will be the next target of the permanently outraged? Without them frothing at the mouth over every clickbait article written about Ibrahim Halawa, I doubt many people would have paid much attention to this story.

There must be some other dark skinned person you boys can turn your ire towards now?

Nice one, it must be just because he has dark skin.
    Nothing to do with the fact he supports sharia, gays to be executed, FGM ... etc.

david75 wrote: »
    Good luck getting an answer to that that isn’t simply he’s a terrorist he’s a Muslim he’s brown

You seem to ignore the 100s of posts pointing out what people have against him.
    But keep harking back to BROWN BROWN BROWN !!!

• Advertisement

First Up wrote: »
    I hope your understanding of what has been going on in Egypt goes back to include the MB's founding in 1928 and how it has survived through a sucession of dictatorships and corrupt regimes.

I'm aware when they were formed, by whom and their activities to date. Your selective details clearly exhibits some bias.
    No, I asking if you have anything to accuse Halawa of beyond attending protests, because that seems to be all you can come up with that has any basis in fact.

Rather than rehashing what has been said - I would suggest you peruse the many posts detailing the activities of the Halawas / the MB protests and the major issue of the MB and their extreme ideology both at home and abroad

And before you start throwing accusations of racism etc please remember that many Arab countries treat the MB as a proscribed terrorist organisation

Yet you'll hear "God Bless" mentioned every day, and don't bat an eyelid. But because it's a different language, it must be sinister.

Yeah good point, I mean all the people hacked to death this year alone with the perp. screaming GOD BLESS!!! GOD BLESS NOW !!! must be in the 100s by now Jesus Help us all - oh wait, I shouldn't say that.

What do yis want to happen here?
    Deport him?
    Put a 24hour Garda surveillance on him?
    And presumably all of his family and those of his faith?
    He’s a threat to the country arrest him?

In a paragraph what’s your actual problem? Try and form that thought and type it out.

Nope, but not have ministers going their treating him like a hero, let his family
    meet him at the airport and ignore it.
    If some Irish lunatic Scientologist was coming home after being in Jail for a plot to overthrow some moonies - NO ONE WOULD GIVE A **** and the media would ignore all this.

But it seems it's trendy to like Islamic extremism

You left out the bit about being unreasonably attached to a belief.

Did I now?

Well I used the online Oxford dictionary website here

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bigot

You reading from a different book again?

There’s a billion Muslims in the world. This doesn’t happen where they are. It happens in radicalised cells in occupied countries. Less than a few hundred men armed and angry and claiming to fight for their god and kill all us heretics.

Didn’t happen apart from that. Anywhere. You’re living in cloud cuckoo if you think it’s a regular occurance on a daily basis in Saudi or Jordan or Lebanon. It doesn’t. It would happen here if certain elements of the catholic mouthpieces had had their way but thankfully it didn’t.

And what percentages of Muslims hold sympathies with these radicals ?
    You won't wanna know and will bury your head in the sand.

• Advertisement

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    How many gay people have been hurled off buildings in Ireland, women whipped for being raped. Take your time and let me know when and where these incidents happened in Ireland.

Shows a lot how this guy thinks that he seriously has to say this.
    Reminds me of my own lunatic mother who said with a straight face Ireland treats women as badly as Saudi Arabia does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Billy86 wrote: »
    If you can't provide a link of him saying it, you're just making it up - not much different from people claiming he ripped up his Irish passport.

Well if somebody asked me for a link while also stating that they don’t care if the link proves anything anyway, I wouldn’t bother myself.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Oddly enough,I suspect that may actually turn out to be the case.

I found it of interest that Ibrahim was very quick to thank the Irish Government, and both of the Ambassadors who played such a major role in expediting his release.

I think he has repeated this at least twice since his arrival,and it is significantly at odds with the many pronouncements of his Sisters,who have resouloutely pursued a campaign against Irish Foreign Policy.

As can be seen with the Sisters joint cases against the Irish State,in relation to their attempts to set the pace for the handling of their Turkish spouses attempts to enter Ireland,they appear to be far more radical in their outlook than their brother.

Time,and passing fame will soon reveal Ibrahim Halawa,the man ;)

Believe it or not I would love if Ibrahim did this, I know some here would find this hard to believe since I'm just a racist that hates brown people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

STB. wrote: »
    Be honest now, you havent actually been to Poland, have you. (Warsaw, by the way).

You should try Paris (France). Its a good 7 degress warmer right now and is getting better after they lifted their national state of emergency back in July.

Or better still trying Manchester or Brussels. They love a good jihadist joke.

Yeah I have been to Poland don't think I flew into Warsaw airport I was closer to Krakow camp.
    I have been to every airport specified and enjoyed the craic and the bison grass vodka.

, the thing is security don't pay attention to me when I say it because I am not a brownie.
    I do be with a small group from Dublin..
    Never a funny glance .
    No racial profiling.

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Believe it or not I would love if Ibrahim did this, I know some here would find this hard to believe since I'm just a racist that hates brown people :rolleyes:

Apparently I'm a racist because I don't agree with some other posters here and I don't like the MB! Though I think I just outed one of them as a possible self declared bigot :eek: Just shows you - you never can tell ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

gozunda wrote: »
    Apparently I'm a racist because I don't agree with sime other posters here and I don't like the MB! Though I think I just outed one of them as a possible self declared bigot :eek: Just shows you - you never can tell ...

How many interactions have you had with the MB to inform your opinion though??

Or deos it informed from unbiased sources??

seems unfair if you havnt interacted with them to unlike them....at least with travellers and county council ...people have had negative personal interactions to inform their dislike?

I dunno enough about them to dislike/like them yanno??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

STB. wrote: »
    If you think the catholics (or those fvcking morons as you referred to them) were persecuting you, you should really check out how your equal rights campaign would have went down in downtown ME.

Death or Life in prison, which will it be sir ?

It is you that is digging a hole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg

it tended to be unmarried women and their children who the extreme element of catholicism persecuted. we don't live in ME so it's irrelevant.
    BillyBobBS wrote: »
    This is what should be leading the 9 o clock news tonight not the virtue signalling nonsense RTE are churning out for dim witted citizens.

there is no such thing as "virtue signalling" it's a made up alt-right nonsense buzz term that means jot all.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

seems unfair if you havnt interacted with them to unlike them....at least with travellers and county council ...people have had negative personal interactions to inform their dislike?

The MB are not an ethnic minority - you do seem a little mixed up there by the way ...

I presume the countries who have proscribed the MB as a terrorist organisation do not live up to your criteria either?

I'd suggest you follow your own inclinations and book a holiday at one of the nicer MB training camps - plenty of sun and sand or so I hear ...
    That'l inform ye all right ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

there is no such thing as "virtue signalling" it's a made up alt-right nonsense buzz term that means jot all.

Alt-right is probably a bigger made-up nonsense buzz term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Ah Tom
    One can reach an opinion on a person or an ideology without actually meeting them or adherents.
    Have you met Pol pot, Stalin, Hitler and SS, Trump to form an opinion?

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    The MB are not an ethnic minority - you do seem a little mixed up there by the way ...

I presume the countries who have proscribed the MB as a terrorist organisation do not live up to your criteria either?

I'd suggest you follow your own inclinations and book a holiday at one of the nicer MB training camps - plenty of sun and sand or so I hear ...
    That'l inform ye all right ...

No western countries prescribe the MB....looks to me like it could as easily be a disliked democratic movement as them countries aren't over loaded in being democratic where it's prescribed??

Il take it...you have zero personal experience to inform your opinion???

It would be like me saying I hate the kkk....I'm indifferent to it really,don't know enough and any interviews I seen of members I suspect are edited to make them look stupid??

If I ever get the chance to meet members I would look into it....dont see any benefit in a closed mind on these things??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Omackeral wrote: »
    Alt-right is probably a bigger made-up nonsense buzz term.

Actually, the alt right made that up themselves - white supremacist Richard Spencer to be exact. Steve Bannon also considers his Breitbart publication to be "the platform of the alt-right."

Ah Tom
    One can reach an opinion on a person or an ideology without actually meeting them or adherents.
    Have you met Pol pot, Stalin, Hitler and SS, Trump to form an opinion?

Tbf I only meet trump supporters....and they weren't all bad?

I suspect many like trump (imo he's just in over his head tbh) etc and even putin play upto a public persona as much as anythibg

Actually, the alt right made that up themselves - white supremacist Richard Spencer to be exact. Steve Bannon also considers his Breitbart publication to be "the platform of the alt-right."

Yeah so it's still a made up nonsense buzz word.

Well if somebody asked me for a link while also stating that they don’t care if the link proves anything anyway, I wouldn’t bother myself.

Where did I say that, exactly? Here are my two posts on it, so please point it out to me.
    Link please? I'm not saying he didn't since I've not been that interested with the story generally, but after the whole 'ripped up his passport' stuff I'm not inclined to take rumours at face value either.
    If you can't provide a link of him saying it, you're just making it up - not much different from people claiming he ripped up his Irish passport.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yeah so it's still a made up nonsense buzz word.
    Not unless you consider pretty much everything to be a made up nonsense buzz word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Does anyone else really believe that our beloved Ibrahim and his family actually live in that semi-detached house they always have in the background in an estate in Firhouse?

Chances are that if their father is imam of Clonskeagh mosque, a member of MB and has daughters who can afford to sue the state for not giving their Egyptian/Turkish husbands Irish dual citizenship then they are more than likely hiding their gated mansion in the leafy suburbs somewhere else in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Nice one, it must be just because he has dark skin.
    Nothing to do with the fact he supports sharia, gays to be executed, FGM ... etc.

he supports those? when did he say this?
    You seem to ignore the 100s of posts pointing out what people have against him.
    But keep harking back to BROWN BROWN BROWN !!!

they are ignored because there is no evidence for the claims.
    Nope, but not have ministers going their treating him like a hero, let his family
    meet him at the airport and ignore it.

when did ministers treate him like a hero?
    If some Irish lunatic Scientologist was coming home after being in Jail for a plot to overthrow some moonies - NO ONE WOULD GIVE A **** and the media would ignore all this.

really? you know this how?
    But it seems it's trendy to like Islamic extremism

is it? according to who? and what has islamic extremism got to do with this individual?
    Shows a lot how this guy thinks that he seriously has to say this.
    Reminds me of my own lunatic mother who said with a straight face Ireland treats women as badly as Saudi Arabia does.

sadly, she wasn't far wrong in relation to the treatment of unmarried women, and their children. just for daring to have sex and have a baby.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Not unless you consider pretty much everything to be a made up nonsense buzz word.

No, not at all. Not in the slightest actually. It's just I found a certain irony in someone describing virtue signalling as a nonsense buzz word made up by the alt-right. Both are stupid terms that have only popped up in recent times.

• Advertisement

sadly, she wasn't far wrong in relation to the treatment of unmarried women, and their children. just for daring to have sex and have a baby.

Here, Captain Nope, do you understand the difference between the present and the past? Poster is talking about the here and now. Irish women have been voting democratically for 100 years. Saudi women were only allowed to drive this fcuking year. Give your head a rattle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement