Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

No western countries prescribe the MB....looks to me like it could as easily be a disliked democratic movement as them countries aren't over loaded in being democratic where it's prescribed??
    Perhaps because their (current) places of Operation include: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen...

Their slogan is "Islam is the solution" - no mention of democracy im afraid ...
    Il take it...you have zero personal experience to inform your opinion???It would be like me saying I hate the kkk....I'm indifferent to it really,don't know enough and any interviews I seen of members I suspect are edited to make them look stupid??

So I guess on that basis you are also neutral on Isis, Al Qaeda and other organisations of that ilk? Nice ...

I suggest you try a bit harder if you like to find out things. You could start here

https://www.counterextremism.com
    If I ever get the chance to meet members I would look into it....dont see any benefit in a closed mind on these things??

No? Ah well - I'm sure any number of such training camps would be more than willing to take in an 'open mind' like yourself. Best of luck and don't forget the suntan lotion ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Omackeral wrote: »
    No, not at all. Not in the slightest actually. It's just I found a certain irony in someone describing virtue signalling as a nonsense buzz word made up by the alt-right. Both are stupid terms that have only popped up in recent times.
    The thing is, alt right is a self identifier just like conservative or liberal. For it to be a nonsense buzzword, those have to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Billy86 wrote: »
    Where did I say that, exactly? Here are my two posts on it, so please point it out to me.

You didn’t say it EXACTLY.
    You’re not interested in the story or refuting the claim but you are asking for a link. As I said, I wouldn’t bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The thing is, alt right is a self identifier just like conservative or liberal. For it to be a nonsense buzzword, those have to as well.

Look, the words 'conservative' and 'liberal' are widely recognised descriptors that aren't necessarily politically charged and have been around for absolutely ages, 'alt-right' isn't. So your point doesn't really add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

gozunda wrote: »

So I guess on that basis you are also neutral on Isis, Al Qaeda and other organisations of that ilk? Nice ...

I suggest you try a bit harder if you like to find out things. You could start here

https://www.counterextremism.com

No? Ah well - I'm sure any number of such training camps would be more than willing to take in an 'open mind' like yourself. Best of luck and don't forget the suntan lotion ...

Tbf I do like the heat :D:D

But they don't play hurling in the desert and where would life be without that??

• Advertisement

You didn’t say it EXACTLY.
    You’re not interested in the story or refuting the claim but you are asking for a link. As I said, I wouldn’t bother...

No, I didn't say it AT ALL. I asked for a link to Halawa saying that, cited a reason as to why (the fake story about him ripping up his passport) and even said I wasn't denying he had said it but wanted to see it myself. The response was "Ah feck off with your link b.s". So please don't try to put words in my mouth like that, it's a bit pathetic.

Should we all be just taking rumours at face value so?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Look, the words 'conservative' and 'liberal' are widely recognised descriptors that aren't necessarily politically charged and have been around for absolutely ages, 'alt-right' isn't. So your point doesn't really add up.
    Liberal has become an extremely politically charged word in the last few years, over here on AH and across parts of the actual world it's basically a curse word to some. So yes it does stand, it's not like there's a length of time a descriptor needs to be around to be deemed 'valid'.

Tbf I do like the heat :D:D

But they don't play hurling in the desert and where would life be without that??

You could always introduce it - I hear the have great big open spaces out there suitable for any amount of sports.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 w.b. yokes

Ibrahim Halawa's backwards Islamist positions realistically have no place in a country like Ireland where we collectively agree that women should have rights and killing homosexuals is ****ing despicable. I'm glad he's home and I he's entitled to his positions but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be condemned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

gozunda wrote: »
    You could always introduce it - I hear the have great big open spaces out there suitable for any amount of sports.. ;)

Pfft ya need grass for it

Though i have friend plays for mayasia team in hurling....as a random fact :pac: (afaik also uses boards....hi!)

• Advertisement

Pfft ya need grass for it

Though i have friend plays for mayasia team in hurling....as a random fact :pac: (afaik also uses boards....hi!)

Ah ya forgot about dat - although you have given me a lovely idea for a version of an Irish MB fleg

How about this ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Muslim_Brotherhood_Logo.png#mw-jump-to-license

...with two nice Hurleys instead of those nasty sharp sword thingies ;)

More user friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭i8mancs

david75 wrote: »
    Haha. Love this :)

#IbrahimHalawa: "I really want to thank the haters as well, cause they made me stronger": bit.ly/2yIOKzb

Stronger, 4 years of getting reamer-ed :eek: I highly doubt it, HAHA :D , LOVE THIS.

A big thanks to the Egyptian Authorities for keeping this dirt bird off our streets for as long as they did.

Liberal has become an extremely politically charged word in the last few years, over here on AH and across parts of the actual world it's basically a curse word to some. So yes it does stand, it's not like there's a length of time a descriptor needs to be around to be deemed 'valid'.

You're either being deliberately obtuse or you're not getting the very simple point I'm making. Liberal, as a word, has been and continues to be a general word that can be used in a variety of different ways e.g. someone can be of liberal political views (as you've referred to), one could apply layers of sauce or dressing liberally, meaning generously, or maybe one could be liberal (free/loose) with their interpretation of a set of rules. Point is, the word has many different meanings and has been around for ages.

Alt-right is only something I've ever seen written online, usually by idiots.

i8mancs wrote: »
    Stronger, 4 years of getting reamer-ed :eek: I highly doubt it, HAHA :D , LOVE THIS.

A big thanks to the Egyptian Authorities for keeping this dirt bird off our streets for as long as they did.

If that means what I think it means, then you're a dirt bird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

All this haters making him stronger talk sounds ominous. Sounds like terrorist talk to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Ah Tom
    One can reach an opinion on a person or an ideology without actually meeting them or adherents.
    Have you met Pol pot, Stalin, Hitler and SS, Trump to form an opinion?

the brutal treatment those women received at the hands of catholic extremists in this country, was not that long ago, and isn't in the past for those women, who will have to live with it.
    i8mancs wrote: »
    Stronger, 4 years of getting reamer-ed I highly doubt it, HAHA , LOVE THIS.

in what way is he a "dirt bird" and why should he have been kept off the streets when he did nothing wrong?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 w.b. yokes

doylefe wrote: »
    All this haters making him stronger talk sounds ominous. Sounds like terrorist talk to me.

How in god's name could you read "the haters make me stronger" and think "Sounds like terrorist talk to me"? There's nothing even remotely terrorist about it.

doylefe wrote: »

Bit of a leap there fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Allauha ackbar....go **** yourself...madness there is Irish boardsie defending this fcuking chant.
    Glad the poor **** Ibrahim is home safe and sound but fcuking Allaha ackbar chants is just insulting to loads of dead Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

What I want to know is will they be building giant Ferrero Rocher pyramids in Firhouse in his honour?

dUtpb4L.png

I at least assume there will be some Ferrero Rocher Pyramids in the Egyptian Embassy going spare?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

The 'good' thing is, he's home in his own Country not banged up in some dirty filthy prison awaiting trial for a(in most parts of the civilised World)menial 'crime'.I'm glad anyway..
    And if there is issues with him!? Then I'm sure they will be investigated here where he belongs and dealt with forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

From the ashes of the Coptic Christian places of worship in Egypt I say fcuk you Ibrahim and all that you stand for. We will not be conquered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

First Up wrote: »
    There are opinions and there are facts. Try not to get them mixed up.

Indeed.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Believe it or not I would love if Ibrahim did this, I know some here would find this hard to believe since I'm just a racist that hates brown people :rolleyes:

Were he to do this,It would surely be "An Irish solution to an Islamic problem" :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Just watched that video again.

"I live in ireland but Egypt is my home" he shouts.

Folks, you have been well and truly fooled by this young lad.

Our good nature is our weakness in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Folks, you have been well and truly fooled by this young lad.

Not everyone just the fanboys and gals of the Egyptian Lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

gozunda wrote:
    Rather than rehashing what has been said - I would suggest you peruse the many posts detailing the activities of the Halawas / the MB protests and the major issue of the MB and their extreme ideology both at home and abroad

So nothing else with basis in fact then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Pero_Bueno wrote:
    Nope, but not have ministers going their treating him like a hero, let his family meet him at the airport and ignore it. If some Irish lunatic Scientologist was coming home after being in Jail for a plot to overthrow some moonies - NO ONE WOULD GIVE A **** and the media would ignore all this.

He is been treated as a victim, not a hero.

If the Irish lunatic Scientologist had been in jail for four years for no reason, he'd be seen as a victim too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

david75 wrote: »

You live in a country which 38% of voters are of the belief, based on their catholic faith, that gay people are unequal and don’t deserve equal rights.

Have you got a link for where you got this very specific percentage? You wouldn't have made it up now would you ? I think you have.

I'll take your silence as an admission that you pulled this little"statistic" out of your rear to support your stance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Fanatics screaming Allah Ackbar in Dublin airport while cheering the release of a Muslim Brotherhood agitator...I never thought I'd see the day. And the Irish useful idiots standing to the side awkwardly with a goofy smile fixed on their face were even worse. If this is the type of behaviour Ireland encourages...well, it makes it hard to be proud to be Irish. Our nationality doesn't mean anything anymore.

Vote for the National Party lads.

All the the while an elected official in Zappone standing there smiling and waving like an utter fool. Ironic thing is it will be those same people shouting Allah Akbar that won't be giving her the time of day if they have their way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement