Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

That my question , I'm not educated in this at all I haven't read about it , Any where I can read all this ?

If I don't know something I educate myself I don't expect others to spoonfeed me information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

No that's just silly on your part.

If he was Heineken drinking, Leinster loving Tarquin with a strong D4 accent and pale white skin, the Irish government would have leaned on their considerable contacts even more and he would have been released sooner.

Yes, and when Tarquin was eventually brought home, after wasting large amounts of public resources due to his foolhardiness, he would fully deserve a kick up his privileged D4 arse and a warning that if it happens again he's on his own.
    In fact, I've no doubt many of the posters sneering at those of us who objected to the circus at Dublin Airport yesterday would be up in arms if a D4 Blackrock College boy got that treatment after their taxes had to be used to get him out of a situation that was of his own making. He would be seen as a spoilt brat with no idea of the trouble he'd caused.

Why should Ibrahim Halawa be treated any differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Yet you'll hear "God Bless" mentioned every day, and don't bat an eyelid. But because it's a different language, it must be sinister.

Please remind us all of how many atrocities have been carried out over the last couple of decades preceded with the words "God Bless".

For a start to be fair to the scenario just limit it to airports and air travel situations.

The verbal gymnastics and cognitive dissonance that the lefties, lgbters, shinners/provos, useful village idiots will resort to downplay the actions and beliefs of their favourite cause celebre is now reaching astounding levels of idiocy.

Of course a few let the mask slip and display their naked hatred for catholics all the while condoning the worse adherents to islam and it says a lot about the level of self hatred indulged in by some.

Other idiots actually negatively compare the lot of Irish women to those in the likes of Saudi Arabia or the Gulf states.
    It just beggers belief how fooking thick some are no matter how much education they have received.

And the real twisted thing here is the ones crowing the loudest for the Halawas are the very ones most despised by daddy Halawa and his chums in the muslim brotherhood.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Jaysus Ireland has really been affected by Trump... the comments here are like reading his twitter! WHITE MAN ANGRY WITH FEELING SO VERY NOT LISTENED TO. SAD. F'IN SNOW FLAKES. BUT TREAT ME SPECIAL PLEASE.

givyjoe wrote:
    Right, so one Muslim guy (I'll take your word for it that he was Muslim) was a complete d!ck in a lift. Soo, all Muslims are d1cks? Who will treat all women in precisely the same way, should they be in a lift? Just such a weird and irrelevant example.

Ah sure the Saudi's are a great bunch, didn't they even agree to let women drive lately. Very progressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Ah sure the Saudi's are a great bunch, didn't they even agree to let women drive lately. Very progressive.

Did I say they were?!

jmayo wrote:
    And the real twisted thing here is the ones crowing the loudest for the Halawas are the very ones most despised by daddy Halawa and his chums in the muslim brotherhood.

Wasn't it nice though to hear daddy Halawa struggle through his limited English . Amazing the man has such a command of English after only 20 years in the state. Who knows how fluent he will be in another 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

givyjoe wrote: »
    Right, so one Muslim guy (I'll take your word for it that he was Muslim) was a complete d!ck in a lift. Soo, all Muslims are d1cks? Who will treat all women in precisely the same way, should they be in a lift?:rolleyes: Just such a weird and irrelevant example.

Sure, some Muslim countries do have some pretty fcuked up laws that treat women as second class citizens.. We do have some of our own those fcuked up laws too.

He's not saying that, he's saying that a certain ideology has crafted that way of thinking.
    The veils ladies need to wear, the walking behind the husband etc.

If this guy had been brought up in a more equal society, he wouldn't be treating his wife this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

No, if you wish.. feel free to go back and make direct quotes from posts and I'll be happy to clear anything up for you. On Islam specifically, I said dislike (many as it happens) of the views associated.

I also dislike the views of many other religious faiths. I do however respect the fact that people are entitled to those beliefs and they shouldn't be treated less favourably than others because of those views (i.e. discriminated against).

But you called someone else a bigot for not liking the views of Islam, they never said they weren’t entitled to those beliefs.
    You’re either a hypocritical bigot by your own definition or you know, people are allowed to not like things they don’t agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

It's a bizarre story. A handful of Irish and number of people from outside of Ireland, have whipped themselves into a frenzy over this, all spurred on by fairy tales from a blogger.
    The more angry they get, the more people mock them, resulting in them becoming even angrier. It's only a matter of time before one of them cracks now that their little hobby has been taken away from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It was clearly tongue in cheek. But lets not pretend that most of the merry band here.. aren't part of 'Im not racist, but...' brigade.

No it's hardly clear that it's tongue in cheek when you're coming out with tripe like ''let's not pretend most here are't racist''. I think you're trying to convince yourself at this stage. The only ones repeatedly mentioning Ibrahim's colour are those that are convinced there's racism against him. For example, davycc keeps using the term 'brownie' ffs.

givyjoe wrote:
    Did I say they were?!

Just letting you know your alluding to only a few Muslim men treating women in a disrespectful manner was incorrect. More than a few Muslim men in Saudi.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

That my question , I'm not educated in this at all I haven't read about it , Any where I can read all this ?

If I don't know something I educate myself I don't expect others to spoonfeed me information.
    Your a bit of dick to be fair

never_mind wrote:
    Jaysus Ireland has really been affected by Trump... the comments here are like reading his twitter! WHITE MAN ANGRY WITH FEELING SO VERY NOT LISTENED TO. SAD. F'IN SNOW FLAKES. BUT TREAT ME SPECIAL PLEASE.

Oddly these threads about the Halawa clan proceeded Trumps election, but once you got your daily dose of being able to say 'snowflake' all is good.

dav3 wrote:
    It's a bizarre story. A handful of Irish and number of people from outside of Ireland, have whipped themselves into a frenzy over this, all spurred on by fairy tales from a blogger. The more angry they get, the more people mock them, resulting in them becoming even angrier. It's only a matter of time before one of them cracks now that their little hobby has been taken away from them.

Fairy tales from a blogger? So you can counter his claims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

dav3 wrote: »
    It's a bizarre story. A handful of Irish and number of people from outside of Ireland, have whipped themselves into a frenzy over this, all spurred on by fairy tales from a blogger.
    The more angry they get, the more people mock them, resulting in them becoming even angrier. It's only a matter of time before one of them cracks now that their little hobby has been taken away from them.

What an insulting post. Are you saying that everyone who has raised any objection to how the Halawa case has been handled, or to the media coverage of it, is just some professionally offended poster, looking for something to get bitter about?

Because if so, you've obviously not bothered to read the thread properly and just enjoy swaggering around thinking you're oh so open minded and anyone who doesn't agree with you is just someone who enjoys frothing at the mouth.

Says a lot about you, really.

Your a bit of dick to be fair

No being a dick would be pointing out 'You're' . You have asked the same question multiple times. Usually it is better to educate yourself than seek 'facts' from people whom have already formed their own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kivaro wrote: »
    So here is what I learned from the pro Muslim Brotherhood/Halawa brigade posted here since yesterday:

1. Halawa just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, which resulted in his arrest ........ even though there is irrefutable evidence of the many days protest preparation by the Halawas in their attempt to help overthrow the Egyptian government.
    2. Irish women are treated as bad as the women in Saudi Arabia ............. the mind boggles.
    3. Posters who do not have personal experience with the Muslim Brotherhood do not have the right to judge them .............. even though that they are a proscribed terrorist organisation with Sharia Law being their number 1 goal.
    4. Posters should not have the audacity to suggest that Halawa may have to answer questions relating to his activities in Egypt and the subsequent cost to the Irish State to get him released. These posters are bigoted, or racist, or just saying it because Halawa is brown ............ this tactic of calling a person racist because they have a differing opinion is one rooted in ignorance and it is the approach of those who want to stifle discussion.
    Methinks that the Halawa facade may be crumbling in the eyes of the Irish public.

I will add Gerry Adams was not in IRA

And you can shout Allah Akbar in all European Major Airports.

But we are the deluded ones....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

*sticks kettle on.

This should be good!

Oddly these threads about the Halawa clan proceeded Trumps election, but once you got your daily dose of being able to say 'snowflake' all is good.

Well, if you read my comment correctly you know that I'm more poking fun at those who use the term (and use it to differentiate them from a particular (age)group/sociopolitical ideology). I find it funny when people use it to express their dissastifaction about not being treated fairly because they are unique in how their views are handled... it's like they are all snowflakes. GET IT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Your a bit of dick to be fair

No being a dick would be pointing out 'You're' . You have asked the same question multiple times. Usually it is better to educate yourself than seek 'facts' from people whom have already formed their own opinion.
    Well seen as your saying the Irish media have not reported all of the facts and others have said bloggers are making up lies, so that's why I asked , 
    Anyway if you don't like me asking don't answer me , other's on here have answered as not everyone is like yourself , You sound like a right whinger
    Good day to you sir :)

Well seen as your saying the Irish media have not reported all of the facts and others have said bloggers are making up lies, so that's why I asked , Anyway if you don't like me asking don't answer me , other's on here have answered as not everyone is like yourself , You sound like a right whinger Good day to you sir

Funny I have never said any of what you have just claimed. So not only are you ignorant you're also a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Mate, please go and educate yourself. Your complete inability to understand quite simple words and definitions is really embarrassing. I didn't make up any definition. You just don't seem like that it neatly puts you into the bigot bucket.

Please go and educate yourself on what intolerance and being bigoted actually means, type 'examples of (insert type) of bigotry' as maybe a start. A distaste or dislike of ones views etc is not intolerance or bigotry, no matter how much you'd like to make it so.

Calling out someone with bigoted views, does not make said person a bigot. Really, it's that simple.

Oh give over 'givyjoe'!

You by your words defined yourself as bigoted.

I have posted your replies where were caught with your pants down around your proverbial ankles calling other posters bigots and your reply to my post earlier where you had clearly showed that your views on others opinions and religious beliefs were bigoted

You see there's a very basic difference between you and me

I recognise that others have different views and opinions.

I respect that. I may not agree with them. That is how it is. That is why there is debate. Not personal diatribes against others.

My exception to that is the spoutings and actions of proscribed organisations.

You show evident hate and hypocrisy to those that disagree with your narrow world view

I doubt you know you are even doing it tbh ...

But yes you not only called someone out - you called them a bigot ...

It must only be in your universe is everything 'simples'

Ps - you're not Aleksandr Orlov by any chance?

never_mind wrote:
    Well, if you read my comment correctly you know that I'm more poking fun at those who use the term (and use it to differentiate them from a particular (age)group/sociopolitical ideology). I find it funny when people use it to express their dissastifaction about not being treated fairly because they are unique in how their views are handled... it's like they are all snowflakes. GET IT.

So attemping to back away from your nonsense comment about Trump, cool. Btw no need to shout.

So attemping to back away from your nonsense comment about Trump, cool. Btw no need to shout.

I'm not backing away. I think there has been a social shift to the right in Europe and that it has affected the language and discourse used by a group of men online... I think that Trump is very much an icon and symbol for this shift (which was happening long before Trump was elected - I think he is symptomatic rather than the cause of this shift).

I was capitalizing for effect, get on with the convo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Just letting you know your alluding to only a few Muslim men treating women in a disrespectful manner was incorrect. More than a few Muslim men in Saudi.

And there's far more muslims than the few there are in saudi.

never_mind wrote:
    I'm not backing away. I think there has been a social shift to the right in Europe and that it has affected the language and discourse used by a group of men online... I think that Trump is very much an icon and symbol for this shift (which was happening long before Trump was elected - I think he is symptomatic rather than the cause of this shift).

The first comment you made referred to Ireland and Trumps affects on angry white men .Now it's Europe. I think you're all over the place same as I think your post in general is b.s.. but then again I'm angry.lol

never_mind wrote:

No it's actually a sign of ignorance and completely unnecessary. Capitals does not lend credibility to your ramblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

never_mind wrote: »
    I'm not backing away. I think there has been a social shift to the right in Europe and that it has affected the language and discourse used by a group of men online... I think thatt Trump is very much an icon and symbol for this shift (which was happening long before Trump was elected - I think he is symptomatic rather than the cause of this shift).

Hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

How can your counter fairy tales? Most people just laugh at him and rightly so.

At least he's desperately trying to cover his tracks now. He's got a lot of tweets to get through though.

I have no idea where the burning of the passport fairy tale originated from, or who kept perpetuating the fairy tale. No idea.

https://twitter.com/markhumphrys/status/663863185787736064

https://twitter.com/markhumphrys/status/663978158379696128

NEW: The story that Ibrahim Halawa burnt his Irish passport may actually be true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement