Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Billy86 wrote:
    ". I asked you for a link to back that up as I had not heard it, and you point blank refused to. Yet here you are only a few hours later giving out about someone else not backing up their claims.

I told you Facebook. You were told by another poster that you don't accept links. So hard to know what you want. Btw it was a claim singular. Claims is plural. See telling porkies.
    I don't know why M Humphries took such an interest in the Halawa case but to date neither the clan or their fan boys or gals have distubted what he has wrote about. Just the usual 'fairy tale' claim without backup to dispute his claims. Now toddle off, there's a good dhjimni.

never_mind wrote:
    It's really not that Fake Sheikh, it's that I actually don't see this argument going anywhere at all - it's why I very rarely engage in internet debate - it's cyclical, toxic, repetitive .... does anyone even have meaningful exchange or actually listen to other opinions? This is another debate that we could have but it would just run in circles.

Engaging in derogatory descriptions of others and blatant sexism have nothing got to do with debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Engaging in derogatory descriptions of others and blatant sexism have nothing got to do with debate.

#proudofit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

never_mind wrote: »
    It's really not that Fake Sheikh, it's that I actually don't see this argument going anywhere at all - it's why I very rarely engage in internet debate - it's cyclical, toxic, repetitive .... does anyone even have meaningful exchange or actually listen to other opinions? This is another debate that we could have but it would just run in circles.

And I stand by my fabulous choice in gif.

You should probably have read the thread instead of wading in assuming that everyone was screaming snowflake.
    It puts you in a bad starting position.

Your whole argument was based on a premise that wasn’t present in the thread.

never_mind wrote:
    #proudofit

You have very low expectations of yourself. Happily for you, you're more than capable of reaching them. I'm done responding to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

When everything else fails and you can't field a decent argument then attack and demean anyone you do not agree with ... :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to play the ball not the man or woman or whoever?

These type of posts are frankly purile imo
    Dav3 wrote:
    It's a bizarre story. A handful of Irish and number of people from outside of Ireland, have whipped themselves into a frenzy over this, all spurred on by fairy tales from a blogger.
    The more angry they get, the more people mock them, resulting in them becoming even angrier. It's only a matter of time before one of them cracks now that their little hobby has been taken away from them.

never_mind wrote:
    Jaysus Ireland has really been affected by Trump... the comments here are like reading his twitter! WHITE MAN ANGRY WITH FEELING SO VERY NOT LISTENED TO. SAD. F'IN SNOW FLAKES. BUT TREAT ME SPECIAL PLEASE.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

You have very low expectations of yourself. Happily for you, you're more than capable of reaching them. I'm done responding to you.

Success!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I told you Facebook.
    That's not a link of any kind. You could at least link to the Facebook post you were talking about so help see if it's credible (e.g. if it is him saying it) or a rumour, like the claims of him ripping up his passport were.
    You were told by another poster that you don't accept links.
    I fully accept links, the other poster was attempting to claim that with no basis. So a link to him saying what you're claiming would be nice.
    So hard to know what you want. Btw it was a claim singular. Claims is plural. See telling porkies.
    A credible link. It's actually all I've asked you for, and I've shown you why I was looking for a credible link. If he said it there would be proof of it, yet it seems you're trying to pass off a rumour as fact.
    I don't know why M Humphries took such an interest in the Halawa case but to date neither the clan or their fan boys or gals have distubted what he has wrote about. Just the usual 'fairy tale' claim without backup to dispute his claims. Now toddle off, there's a good dhjimni.
    I love how predictable you are when pressed to back up what you said. You're not going to, are you? Also love how you finished this post while your very next post is "Engaging in derogatory descriptions of others and blatant sexism have nothing got to do with debate" :pac:

Now feel free to go ahead and surprise me by providing an actual credible link of him saying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

I thought you'd flounced off never_mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

dav3 wrote: »
    How can your counter fairy tales? Most people just laugh at him and rightly so.

At least he's desperately trying to cover his tracks now. He's got a lot of tweets to get through though.

I have no idea where the burning of the passport fairy tale originated from, or who kept perpetuating the fairy tale. No idea.

https://twitter.com/markhumphrys/status/663863185787736064

https://twitter.com/markhumphrys/status/663978158379696128

NEW: The story that Ibrahim Halawa burnt his Irish passport may actually be true.

He's already schooled you on this very thread
    humphrys wrote: »
    Dear anonymous "dav3". Let me dismantle your disgraceful post about me.

1. I have no problem with the findings of the Egyptian court. I never claimed that the charges were true. Ever.

2. He was not charged with supporting the MB. That was obvious. The trial would last a minute. He was charged with more serious crimes.

3. As for whether Ibrahim counts as a "supporter" or a "member" of the MB, it depends on definitions. He took part in the MB protests for 6 weeks, spoke on stage to MB crowds, cited in his speech two MB leaders, and again spoke on video with the MB diehards inside the mosque. So is he a "supporter" or a "member" of the MB? Does he have an actual "membership" card? Who knows. Does the MB even do membership cards?

4. Nothing you have said or the court said disproved the mountain of evidence that the Halawas supported the MB.

5. You claim no one has picked up the story that the Halawas are MB and it comes just from my blog. This is nonsense, and I made out a section just for you:
    People who say Clonskeagh is Muslim Brotherhood
    http://markhumphrys.com/clonskeagh.html#people.say.mb
    People who say Clonskeagh is Muslim Brotherhood include RTE Prime Time, US diplomatic cables, The Wall Street Journal, and two leading Irish imams. Good enough for you?

6. Your delight at the idea of critics of Halawa being censored by the law is contemptible.

7. As for your comments about radicalisation and Israel, how about having the courage to make these comments under your real name?

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote:
    Now feel free to go ahead and surprise me by providing an actual credible link of him saying it.

The young lad had it on his Facebook page. My bad for not screen shooting it at the time. His helpful sisters shall we say edited anything that may have been negative to his plight ( of his own making) .
    I noticed you side stepped contradicting anything claimed by Humphries. I wonder why. My original comment was to dav but you jumped in so maybe you can counter Humphries claims.
    Now to the reset of comment do you not think labelling people with what is perceived as a put down label is not worthy of being referred to as derogatory?

Billy86 wrote:
    I fully accept links, the other poster was attempting to claim that with no basis. So a link to him saying what you're claiming would be nice.

It's in the comments have a look yourself.

Billy86 wrote:
    A credible link. It's actually all I've asked you for, and I've shown you why I was looking for a credible link. If he said it there would be proof of it, yet it seems you're trying to pass off a rumour as fact.

You said I made claims, patently a lie on your behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

You said I made claims, patently a lie on your behalf.

Can yous two not kiss and make up??

Can yous two not kiss and make up??

I'm never intimate with anonymous spoofers in the net. Hope you don't mind. : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Berserker wrote: »
    What do people have against this lad? Not being smart, I am just trying to get a solid understanding of the issues that people have with him.

The intellectual argument seems to be an Irish version of this..

It's in the comments have a look yourself.

I put 'facebook' into a search of this thread and the only link that came up, a Waterford Whispers article - http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/09/19/ibrahim-halawa-comment-section-trial-delayed-for-the-25th-time/?utm_source=WWN_Facebook_Page&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Social_Link&utm_content=Article

You appear completely unable to back this up, until you can it has no credibility whatsoever and complaining about others making claims is nothing but hypocrisy. Like I said, you're predictable in that sense.

RustyNut wrote:

Not at clearly, what happened ( the Halawa clan and their fan boys and gals would have you believe) it was all just a misunderstanding. The young lad was just on the way to see King Tuts tomb when he got lost and found himself addressing a rally in support of the MB. Could happen to anyone. ; )

Billy86 wrote:
    I put 'facebook' into a search of this thread and the only link that came up, a Waterford Whispers article -

You clearly ignored some of my post, well done you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

RustyNut wrote: »

Brilliant sir !
    You have taken "straw man argument" to new levels!

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote:
    You appear completely unable to back this up, until you can it has no credibility whatsoever and complaining about others making claims is nothing but hypocrisy. Like I said, you're predictable in that sense.

So you can't contradict Humphries either, cudos on the deflection. So at least you and dav have something in common.
    Btw I don't rely on spoofers such as yourself to validate my credibility.

The young lad had it on his Facebook page. My bad for not screen shooting it at the time. His helpful sisters shall we say edited anything that may have been negative to his plight ( of his own making) .
    I noticed you side stepped contradicting anything claimed by Humphries. I wonder why. My original comment was to dav but you jumped in so maybe you can counter Humphries claims.
    Now to the reset of comment do you not think labelling people with what is perceived as a put down label is not worthy of being referred to as derogatory?
    The post I responded to from you was you questioning that he ever be drinking because he is Muslim and his dad is an Imam. What does Mark Humprys have to do with that, or with you claiming things you cannot back up? :confused:

It's a bit cowardly (see: predictable) of you to go hiding behind him to be honest. If you want your claim to be taken seriously and seen as anything more than a made up rumour, you would be able to back it up and not go hiding behind others.

Billy86 wrote:
    I put 'facebook' into a search of this thread and the only link that came up, a Waterford Whispers article -

Interesting I use Google, put in Facebook and the young Egyptian lads name and the article you linked wasn't even in the first 30 results. Strange.....

So you can't contradict Humphries either, cudos on the deflection. So at least you and dav have something in common.
    There you go again, trying to drag others in so you can hide behind them when you made the comment about Halawa calling Egypt home and Ireland just where lives. Like clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

He's already schooled you on this very thread

I can't be the only one concerned over a people possibly becoming radicalised on the internet. It's a genuine concern, and one that the Gardaí also share.
    I wonder if someone like Anders Breivik was oblivious to the fact that he was becoming radicalised, or if he simply embraced it?
    We can but hope the Gardaí, knowing what they know, keep such people under constant surveillance.

Billy86 wrote:
    was you questioning that he ever be drinking because he is Muslim and his dad is an Imam. What does Mark Humprys have to do with that, or with you claiming things you cannot back up?

That's the thing about context, you have removed context to my post about alcohol and to whom it was addressed to. You seem to be intent on making all your comments about me that's fine. It also highlights your complete inability to contradict anything M Humphries has claimed.

Here you go, a list of the results from the search of this thread (you don't search a specific thread on Google). This is how you link to something to back up a claim: http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057788376&query=facebook

And the specific post in question of the link to the Waterford Whispers article: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104723671

You see how this works? Because you're clearly unable to do so yourself when it comes to giving a link to prove your statement about him calling Egypt home and Ireland just where he lives.

Billy86 wrote:
    It's a bit cowardly (see: predictable) of you to go hiding behind him to be honest. If you want your claim to be taken seriously and seen as anything more than a made up rumour, you would be able to back it up and not go hiding behind others.

I'm not hiding I asked a poster to back up his claim that's M Humphries engaged in fairy tales about the Halawas you decided to jump in and deflect on dav's behalf.

Billy86 wrote:
    There you go again, trying to drag others in so you can hide behind them when you made the comment about Halawa calling Egypt home and Ireland just where lives. Like clockwork.

I already answered the claim to Egypt being home and Ireland being where he lives. Who are these others you speak of. Spoofing again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Billy86 wrote: »
    Your claim that this guy "called Egypt home and Ireland where he lived". I asked you for a link to back that up as I had not heard it, and you point blank refused to. Yet here you are only a few hours later giving out about someone else not backing up their claims.

I think this is what was referred to ...

http://markhumphrys.com/Facebook/35.png

Though I do believe there was another reference about "home" out there as well ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement