Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,723 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AFAIK there are no "good guys" on either side.
    Halawi's father seems to have skin in the game so the young lad went protesting.
    The Halawi's are about as Irish as the Egyptian Ambassador to Ireland.
    They are using Ireland as a base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

david75 wrote: »
    This is rather boring, just be adult about it and admit you have no proof to substantiate this claim, and did indeed pull it from your posterior;

Not all Catholics voted NO, not all those from other religions voted YES, what is so hard to grasp?

I'm a dying breed? Who exactly do you think I am? I voted yes in the equality referendum, I'm proud to live in a country which recognizes the equality between the sexes and those of all sexuality, I'm honestly baffled at how you could claim I'm part of a dying breed when you don't know who I am.

Please elaborate, who is this dying breed you speak of?

Brief read through your posting history and it’s riddled with you calling people liars, bvll****ters, and doing the contrarian macho keyboard warrior thing yet clearly being a transparently insecure mess.

*I wasn’t insulting you there, I was describing you.

Toddle on now.

Little contrary boys who make baseless claims then stumble for answers when called out don't get to tell me to toddle on.

I personally have no interest in checking your post history as to do so is rather sad, my emnity for you is based purely on the lies and deceit you've repeatedly trotted out here.

As I already said, I've grown bored of you now, feel free to place me on ignore and I'll do the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

spare me. the egyptian military couldn't give a stuff about coptic christians. they saw an opportunity for a power grab and took it. the mb are filth but so are the egyptian military.

Ah such simplistic interpretations of such complex era in Egyptian nationhood. Following mass protests by ordinary Egyptians who demanded that Morsi was deposed - MB president Morsi was Subsequently unseated in July 2013 by a military coup assembly who included the Defense Minister Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei, the Grand Imam of Al Azhar Ahmed el-Tayeb, and the Coptic Pope Tawadros II. Fancy that! Poor old Tawadros II certainly wouldn't have got a sniff in under the MB "Freedom and Justice (sic) Party

Here is some interesting info on Tawadross II and his views on Morsi and the MB ...

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/egyptian-coptic-pope-supports-ousting-of-morsi-22324

doesn't matter, he was a child.

no he wasnt fact

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

AFAIK there are no "good guys" on either side.
    Halawi's father seems to have skin in the game so the young lad went protesting.
    The Halawi's are about as Irish as the Egyptian Ambassador to Ireland.
    They are using Ireland as a base.

ibriham is as irish as you and me. you don't have to like it but fact it is and it's not going to change.
    Little contrary boys who make baseless claims then stumble for answers when called out don't get to tell me to toddle on.

I personally have no interest in checking your post history as to do so is rather sad, my emnity for you is based purely on the lies and deceit you've repeatedly trotted out here.

As I already said, I've grown bored of you now, feel free to place me on ignore and I'll do the same for you.

you didn't call anyone out. so ta ta.
    no he wasnt fact

yes he was fact.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

no he wasnt fact

Very irresponsible of Daddy Halawa to allow his lil' bearded child travel to the foreign lands of Egypt without his parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,723 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ibriham is as irish as you and me. you don't have to like it but fact it is and it's not going to change.

On paper maybe. BUT I think he has made it known through his deeds where his heart lies. As I said it suits the family to have Irish passports. I wonder if he's learning the language :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Wrong in his culture he is a man and was his unmarried sisters chaperone.

you didn't call anyone out. so ta ta.

yes he was fact.

no ur wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Hitman3000 wrote: »

Culture is sociological
    Age is chronological

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I suppose the Moslem Brotherhood need their celeb activist here. Useful for them.

Feck off out of that with your facts, this particular poster you're responding to has no interest in facts.

Feck off out of that with your facts, this particular poster you're responding to has no interest in facts.

elperello wrote:
    Culture is sociological Age is chronological

Your point?

Ah sure I know but it's fun to show his ignorance.

Your point?

Match point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Id like to know since when is a 17 year old a child?

elperello wrote:
    Match point.

It's not really it's just your opinion. In the West 17 maybe considered a minor however where he was at the time he was not considered a child and the culture he is a member of also subscribes to the notion 17 is a man.

It's not really it's just your opinion. In the West 17 maybe considered a minor however where he was at the time he was not considered a child and the culture he is a member of also subscribes to the notion 17 is a man.

A 17 year old is not a child

deco nate wrote:
    A 17 year old is not a child

Totally agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,939 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Now that the MALE is back, I wonder how the FEMALE demands that their Turkish Muslim husbands should get full residency or whatever here is moving along. Bet that is not a problem. It is not in full sight is it.

Age of majority in Ireland 18
    Age of majority in Egypt 18

elperello wrote: »
    Age of majority in Ireland 18
    Age of majority in Egypt 18

For being a child? Feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Standing behind a banner that says Egyptians abroad...sure we would all be standing behind a banner that says that being Irish.

deco nate wrote: »
    For being a child? Feck off

How would you like me to feck off?

elperello wrote: »
    How would you like me to feck off?

Are you a child?

elperello wrote:
    Age of majority in Ireland 18 Age of majority in Egypt 18

His faith and culture claims he is a man at 17. I'm happy to respect both his faith and culture. ; )

deco nate wrote:
    Are you a child?

Never argue with a fool lest onlookers can't tell the difference. ; )

deco nate wrote: »
    Are you a child?

No but until I started reading some of the stuff on this thread I had a child like faith in human nature.

• Advertisement

because he was a child when arrested. you cannot escape that fact.

In what world is 17 a child?
    You have strange opinions of the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement