Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

RustyNut wrote:
    Any chance you could back up your claim re IEBC and electoral fraud? You were quick to throw allegations of lying earlier.

Answered already, but there was concern about the behaviour of all parties involved in the election and the constitutional vote Morsi tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Cause you say so?Ha ha.

I'm just waiting for you to backup your claim, I don't think you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

"Day of Rage" doesn't have peaceful connotations tbh.

sounds a like a wrestling ppv :P

Love it a post thanked by a lad who claimed he shouted Allah Akbar in many European airports. : )

seamus wrote:
    That's not a question for him to answer. He didn't spend the state's money. "Why did you ask for taxpayer's help?". "Because I was in prison despite being innocent".

He was in prison for taking part in a violent protest against the Egyptian government. Acquittal is not the same as being found innocent.

• Advertisement

RustyNut wrote:
    I'm just waiting for you to backup your claim, I don't think you can.

Answered.

The IEBC does. I'm not part of the commission but their report I believe is still avaible online.

Who are this IEBC who done a report into the Egyptian elections or did you just make that up, lie?

Answered.

I know you can't do links but would you be good enough to give us the post number that backs up your claim?

RustyNut wrote:
    Who are this IEBC who done a report into the Egyptian elections or did you just make that up, lie?

You never heard of the International Electoral and Boundary Commission? Jimmy Carter was once an observer for them. Obviously the last part of your post proves you never even bothered to look just wishing to cast aspiration. I don't lie petal I know in your world it's the norm but it's not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

He was in prison for taking part in a violent protest against the Egyptian government. Acquittal is not the same as being found innocent.

This has been covered multiple times. Do you have any evidence that he 'took part' in violence? Being at a protest, which turned violent, does not mean you are guilty of a crime, i.e. taking part in the violence/breaking a law. A fact which the Egyptian authorities obviously agree with too.

Many, many people have been arrested before, and will be again, when they haven't actually committed any offence. Please show us the evidence that supports your claim that he is not innocent, i.e. actually committed an offence at the protest.

• Advertisement

RustyNut wrote:
    I know you can't do links but would you be good enough to give us the post number that backs up your claim?

What post are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

First Up wrote: »
    Link it so.
    ..that made me laugh :D

Are you related to Captain Picard ;)

latest?cb=20160325065605

givyjoe wrote:
    This has been covered multiple times. Do you have any evidence that he 'took part' in violence? Being at a protest, which turned violent, does not mean you are guilty of a crime, i.e. taking part in the violence/breaking a law. A fact which the Egyptian authorities obviously agree with too.

Where in what I have siad is factually incorrect? He was in prison for taking part in a protest. He was in the Mosque stormed by Police.

givyjoe wrote:
    Many, many people have been arrested before, and will be again, when they haven't actually committed any offence. Please show us the evidence that supports your claim that he is not innocent, i.e. actually committed an offence at the protest.

Can't make sense of this drivel. I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

An accused person walks into court presumed innocent in the eyes of the law.
    Following acquittal he walks out as he walked in innocent in the eyes of the law.

RustyNut wrote: »

I read IBEC :o Specsavers for me

elperello wrote:
    An accused person walks into court presumed innocent in the eyes of the law. Following acquittal he walks out as he walked in innocent in the eyes of the law.

Actually that's an incorrect assumption, there is not a blanket formula in all countries/ jurisdictions. Again acquittal does not equate to innocent. Ask Simpson.

I'll try again, seen as your basic comprehension skills have again, completely let you down. See the bolded text for extra help on answering the simple question posed to you. :rolleyes:

It's all very simple really, he was found to have no case to answer for by the Egyptian authorities. Can you please tell us what legal case, he (I. Halawa) should have to answer before the courts?

You said he wasn't found to be innocent, so.. what is he guilty of?. I mean a prosecutable crime by the way, not moral judgments. And some real verifiable evidence would be great.

Actually that's an incorrect assumption, there is not a blanket formula in all countries/ jurisdictions. Again acquittal does not equate to innocent. Ask Simpson.

You had the cheek to dismiss my post as drivel, yet you reference OJ Simpson as relevant to this case? Once accused, must be guilty of something?:rolleyes:

Ps. You do know that OJ was sued in civil court, successfully, for those murders?

givyjoe wrote:
    It's all very simple really, he was found to have no case to answer for by the Egyptian authorities. Can you please tell us what legal case, he (I. Halawa) should have to answer before the courts? You said he wasn't found to be innocent, so.. what is he guilty of?. I mean a prosecutable crime by the way, not moral judgments. And some real verifiable evidence would be great.

Here it is in very simple terms there may not be enough evidence to secure a crinmal conviction but acquittal does not equate to a verdict of innocence. Hope that helps. Somehow I don't think it will.

• Advertisement

You are wrong again. Ask a lawyer.

Here it is in very simple terms there may not be enough evidence to secure a crinmal conviction but acquittal does not equate to a verdict of innocence. Hope that helps. Somehow I don't think it will.

We are discussing criminal law..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

Hitman3000 wrote:

This is my understanding also.

The prosecution could have retried halawa if they had gotten their ducks in a row,(within 60 days)but only because he was acquitted.
    This retrial couldn't occur if the judge had said that halawa was innocent. The judge didn't of course proclaim halawa as innocent.

Can we get IB to do a AMA on here

givyjoe wrote:
    You had the cheek to dismiss my post as drivel, yet you reference OJ Simpson as relevant to this case? Once accused, must be guilty of something?

Of course I dismissed it as drivel and it still is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: It is quite easy to reply without insulting another poster. This style of reply will not be tolerated any longer so consider yourself warned!

This also applies to all posters on here.

Buford T Justice.

elperello wrote:
    You are wrong again. Ask a lawyer.

Don't need to, anyway I live in Ireland no practising lawyers here.

elperello wrote:
    We are discussing criminal law..

Yes I know that and if you understood criminal law you would know that acquittal means the case has not been proven not that the defendant is innocent.

You never heard of the International Electoral and Boundary Commission? Jimmy Carter was once an observer for them. Obviously the last part of your post proves you never even bothered to look just wishing to cast aspiration. I don't lie petal I know in your world it's the norm but it's not for me.

It appears that google have never heard of the "International Electoral and Boundary Commission" either. Are you possibly mistaken?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Yes I know that and if you understood criminal law you would know that acquittal means the case has not been proven not that the defendant is innocent.

But the UN human rights is everyone is entitled to be presumed innocent until proven guilty??

He wasn't proven guilty,hence in eyes of all countries that sign up to the UN human rights he's presumed innocent??

Unless you wish to begin to peel away at peoples human rights?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement