Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Proof of ibrahim being a jihadist or a terrorist or in anway dangerous. He's irish but being judhed for his religion / colour of his skin.

Pure racism.

I suggest you do a bit reading on them. They did an internet clean up, removing every trace of Facebook/twitter posts that might so them in a bad light.

The still exist however. Google it. All the proof you need is there.

Its nothing to do with skin colour. This family is as dodgy as a €7 note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Oh I know what it was about.

I'm just hoping the 'Halawa fanboys' know the significance of him being there and what organisations were represented and how that plays out on an international stage.

Not only that, also how "Ireland Inc." was used by the family, media and vested interest groups. We were used as a political bandage to fix the owie from a self inflicted wound.

People seem to be using both the racism and "he was found innocent" defence. Those people need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

He may have been aquitted of being a "terrorist" but he is certaintly guilty of being part of a protest organised by the internationally recognised terrorist group, the Muslim Brotherhood.

The media will have you believe they were "caught up" in the protest. You dont get "caught up" in a widely organised "day of rage".....you just dont.

Being part of something means you believe in it

This is obviously a sensitive subject for people as on the surface there are multiple issues at play. The familyand their influence have won over the general public and it has all been cleverly constructed.

Lets strip away all the peripheral bull****, the mindgames, the "im right and you are wrong" and the bias and propaganda from both sides.

Just ask yourself...why were they there?

Most if not all of your post is your opinion and not backed up by any fact whatsoever.

We cannot start locking people up or deporting based on fear and what we think they might do.

Of we remove civil liberties and due process what sort of society are we then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

On a post leaving cert holiday to visit family. This is well established.

You should look back a few pages for the YouTube video of him and his sisters addressing a muslin brotherhood rally then.

Visiting family my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Knowing he is an Islamic fundamentalist and knowing what he stands for ....how can you possibly want or indeed celebrate Halawas return to Ireland?

You seem to have difficulty reading English.

For the third time, let me spell this out:

If you *think* someone has committed a crime, for example OJ Simpson, and a court of law acquits Mr. Simpson, then he gets to go home or go wherever he wants. In this case Mr. Halawa gets to go home (or go wherever he wants) a free man.

Now what part of what I wrote are you confused about because I don't see any words "celebrating" or "wanting" his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Oh would you behave, open your eyes ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only terrorism I see here is people advocating the murder of our head of state and Ibrahim Halawa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Only terrorism I see here is people advocating the murder of our head of start and Ibrahim Halawa.

He'd have your seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Billy86 wrote: »
    Oh dear... you realise that in the exact same sentence you called him a terrorist, you literally called for and support terrorism yourself, right?

Your right!!

Lets actually go by the facts and use democracy,
    common sense and politics to come to the rescue........oh wait!!

Unfortunately Ireland in the 21st century needs to fight terrorist with home grown 'terrorism' because our useless shower in government are bowing to the PC brigade.

All we have to do is look how well the PC brigade worked in Germany, France and the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Only terrorism I see here is people advocating the murder of our head of start and Ibrahim Halawa.

I take it all of the posters typically highly preoccupied with terrorism have reported that post not only to the mods, but the Gardai as well. I mean they do tell us that knowing about extremism/terrorism and not reporting it should be treated as a crime as well, so they wouldn't want to let something saying our own Taoiseach 'should get a bullet' slide, now would they?

Unfortunately Ireland in the 21st century needs to flight terrorist with home grown 'terrorism' because our useless shower in government are bowing to the PC brigade.

All we have to do is look how well the PC brigade worked in Germany, France and the UK

Honestly you seem unhinged. It's lunatics like you that should be on a watch list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

"Ryanair flight FR 1234"

"Passport please sir "

" ......... "
    Flight to Dublin?
    Apologies, didn't you get the email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Would love to see a proper journo sit him down when he get's back (after the Gardai have interviewed him) and ask some proper impartial questions, then i remembered this is Ireland and those type of journos aren't allowed a voice here.

The best we can hope for is tubridy on a Friday night.
    Everyone will get free membership of the Muslim Brotherhood;)

I cant find anything of repute to suggest tge family are terrorist is part of any groups with islamic fundamental links.

If his name was john byrne and he were white nothing would be said.

Seriously all those people here convinced he's a terrorist and that his family are Al Queda, have you been in touch with the Gardai? I mean if you have such overwhelming evidence, surely it's your duty to help the Gardai here.

Or you can just keep spouting nonsense you've read on Facebook and from Leo Sherlock.

Ian O'Doherty may ask those questions. Not to Halawa directly as there will be a wall of silence around those issues from his camp.

But O'Doherty will get harangued and screeched at from the Far-Left if and when he does.

Why should he have to put uo with being asked any questions like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I cant find anything of repute to suggest tge family are terrorist is part of any groups with islamic fundamental links.

If his name was john byrne and he were white nothing would be said.

Common sense will tell you he's not an Irish man anymore.

Or maybe a racist on boards.ie will.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He needs a bullet....along with Varadkar who fought for this terrorist while our country bends at it's knees

Our country is being destroyed day by day...............Ireland as we know it is gone and will never return.
    Your right!!

Lets actually go by the facts and use democracy,
    common sense and politics to come to the rescue........oh wait!!

Unfortunately Ireland in the 21st century needs to fight terrorist with home grown 'terrorism' because our useless shower in government are bowing to the PC brigade.

Jesus, you sound like that guy who murdered Jo Cox..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Not bollocks, fact. Likewise plenty of these Irish people abroad I know have taken interest in the politics of the countries they are currently in. And yet, they still ultimately consider Ireland home.

Did everyone living in Oz and taking interest in the Australian election last year, or someone living in Canada who took interest in the election there the year before, suddenly stop considering Ireland to be 'home'? Likewise in the reverse, did those living abroad who now consider Canada or Spain or the UK or wherever to be more 'home' than Ireland suddenly stop doing so if they came back to vote in the SSM referendum as many did?

I mean you're happy to talk for him on the matter so I'm sure you'll be able to give a blanket answer to fit all of the above examples as well.

When I lived in London I was Irish, When I lived in Aberdeen I was Irish, when Ibrahim lived in Ireland he was Eqyptian, how hard is that for you to follow?

Be honest here. Do you think anyone with a name like Halawa and with a muslim background can ever be Irish?

• Advertisement

When I lived in London I was Irish, When I lived in Aberdeen I was Irish, when Ibrahim lived in Ireland he was Eqyptian, how hard is that for you to follow,

Your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

And I'm guessing he took a wrong turn up the wrong street, tripped and fell up the stairs of that Muslim Brotherhood platform and accidentally ended up with a mic in his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Must say I was amazed by the amount of coverage this story got on RTÉ news at 9.

What's with the sisters doing that kind of hooting/screeching out on the road?

Their brother has just been released from prison after 4 years...at one point he was seriously ill and I'm sure they thought he would die there. Think I'd do a bit of whooping myself in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Be honest here. Do you think anyone with a name like Halawa and with a muslim background can ever be Irish?

Yep I do, just like Smith, Harrington and Browne (Originally English)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

"Post leaving cert holiday."

Bloody hell! I do worry sometimes. So we have to be this progressive all of the time?

And I'm guessing he took a wrong turn up the wrong street, tripped and fell up the stairs of that Muslim Brotherhood platform and accidentally ended up with a mic in his hand.

nothing against the young fella and maybe its nice that we as a country can put our arms around someone and call them our own to save them from persecution.
    My issue is that he went to Eqypt to protest and got caught, then all the liberal lovees come out of the woodwork with the "innocent irishman abroad" tripe.

Its beginning to sound like he was radicalized by his father, lets hope we do not hear of him again in a more negative light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Why should he have to put uo with being asked any questions like that?

Because he was put into prison based on the fact that he was speaking at that rally.

Surely it would be of some journalistic interest to at least ask:

"Ibrahim, you were on your holliers and somehow ended up speaking at a Muslim Brotherhood rally. Why?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not bollocks, fact. Likewise plenty of these Irish people abroad I know have taken interest in the politics of the countries they are currently in. And yet, they still ultimately consider Ireland home.

Did everyone living in Oz and taking interest in the Australian election last year, or someone living in Canada who took interest in the election there the year before, suddenly stop considering Ireland to be 'home'? Likewise in the reverse, did those living abroad who now consider Canada or Spain or the UK or wherever to be more 'home' than Ireland suddenly stop doing so if they came back to vote in the SSM referendum as many did?

I mean you're happy to talk for him on the matter so I'm sure you'll be able to give a blanket answer to fit all of the above examples as well.

When I lived in London I was Irish, When I lived in Aberdeen I was Irish, when Ibrahim lived in Ireland he was Eqyptian, how hard is that for you to follow?
    Small problem with that is he was born and raised in Ireland. If you can show us you gave personally spoken to him on the matter you might have something more than an effort to pass your own opinion off as fact.

My mate Frank over in Toronto moved between Ireland and Toronto for work but considers Canada to be more like home for him. When he came back to vote I nthe SSM referendum he still considered Canada to be his home. Meanwhile, most I know over there still consider Ireland to be home. Funny that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

They might be gobsh1tes, but the Muslim Brotherhood happened to be the legitimate government of Egypt which were overthrown in a military coup. The fact that they haven't staged an armed insurrection would tend to indicate they are not really an extremist organisation.

Good to see the lad getting out. It's a bonus to see all the usual suspects here foaming at the mouth about it.

• Advertisement

Your opinion.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement