Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    No I don't as I said I could care less whether you believe me or not.

You don't want others to find the evidence for you??

But don't want to bother to back it up either :pac: :pac:

If i wanted to listen to someone lying to me and telling me to blindly believe em...I'd go to mass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

If i wanted to listen to someone lying to me and telling me to blindly believe em...I'd go to mass

Why would you blindly believe anyone? Would you not educate yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Hitman3000 wrote:
    You claimed I said widespread. Engaging in semantics does not change the fact you attempted to misrepresent what I said.

You said electoral fraud was engaged in by all parties. How is "widespread" misrepresenting that?

Hitman3000 wrote:
    On my effort to make a comment about the electoral fraud that took place during the elections in the early part of this decade in Egypt I referenced the wrong organisation, my bad. However there was electoral fraud engaged in by all parties running in those elections and the subsequent Presidential election and the attempted change to the constitution by Morsi. All avaible online for anyone willing to look.

Sure you don't to retract anything?

Why would you blindly believe anyone? Would you not educate yourself?

Well sure your claiming xy and z and don't seem to be able to prove it??

Why would I look up any ould conspiracy sh1te??
    At least you could provide proof/a basis of your ramblings for people to read??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

First Up wrote: »
    You said electoral fraud was engaged in by all parties. How is "widespread" misrepresenting that?

There's probably a report out there somewhere to back this claim up...

Oh wait.

First Up wrote:

You claimed I said 'widespread'.

Why would I look up any ould conspiracy sh1te?? At least you could provide proof/a basis of your ramblings for people to read??

Just for you Tom .
    Nationalreview.com
    Did Morsi Really Win The Egyptian Presidency.
    Daniel Pipes
    Aug 19 2013.
    As I said to numerous posters I can't provide links either it's my phone or my inability.
    The info I provided you with links to a easily read tabloid piece not to the other lengthy reports I have seen.

RustyNut wrote:
    Oh wait.

I see DavyCC is thanking multiple posts. I wonder where his travels will take him next and will he shout Allah Akbar in his destination airport.

Hitman3000 wrote:
    You claimed I said 'widespread'.

Its called paraphrasing but I can sense your desperation so I'll agree that you didn't.

• Advertisement

First Up wrote:
    Its called paraphrasing but I can sense your desperation so I'll agree that you didn't.

Actually it's called misrepresentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Post 2413 Hitman3000 said-
    Why what difference does it make? At 17 you are not a child. Plus you have to take his culture and faith into account. With those guys Shria law seems to trump civil law.

Post 2571 Hitman3000 said-
    Yet there was a travel advisory in place not to travel from the DOFA but they still did. Odd they were so blase about their safety especially with a 17 year old (child) with them.

Nice to see that you are open to changing your mind.

Just for you Tom .
    Nationalreview.com
    Did Morsi Really Win The Egyptian Presidency.
    Daniel Pipes
    Aug 19 2013.
    As I said to numerous posters I can't provide links either it's my phone or my inability.
    The info I provided you with links to a easily read tabloid piece not to the other lengthy reports I have seen.

Fair play for supplying the link :)....but anything that uses breitbart as a source is fatally flawed

Breitbart is widely discredited as it just makes sh1te up and blows things outta proportion....someone that uses breitbart as a source is either pushing an agenda....or very misinformed and poorly researched?

elperello wrote:
    Nice to see that you are open to changing your mind.

Actually no to me he is not a child at 17 hence my use of the brackets.

Actually it's called misrepresentation.

It's only misrepresenting if it's blown outta proportion?

Saying everyone is doing x and paraphrasing to: people doing x is widespread

is hardly misrepresenting?

Breitbart is widely discredited as it just makes sh1te up and blows things outta proportion....someone that uses breitbart as a source is either pushing an agenda....or very misinformed and poorly researched?

You can try the Carter centre.org aswell Tom but I'm sure you'll find a problem with that aswell.

Saying everyone is doing x and paraphrasing to people doing x is widespread

Well Tom to me claiming someone said something when they didn't is to put it politely is misrepresenting or if you wish lying. You choose the explanation you like best.

You can try the Carter centre.org aswell Tom but I'm sure you'll find a problem with that aswell.

Rather curiously I googled them and through their site for egyet elections and MB

To the Government of Egypt:
    End the crackdown on dissidents, journalists, and opposition groups: The government should end the crackdown on dissident groups, activists, journalists and others opposed to the regime, including the Muslim Brotherhood and its supporters. The protest law should be lifted, and opposition parties should be able to participate openly and peacefully in political affairs.

From here

https://www.cartercenter.org/news/pr/egypt-101514.html

To the Government of Egypt: End the crackdown on dissidents, journalists, and opposition groups: The government should end the crackdown on dissident groups, activists, journalists and others opposed to the regime, including the Muslim Brotherhood and its supporters. The protest law should be lifted, and opposition parties should be able to participate openly and peacefully in political affairs.

More than just that one you can have a look also at the 2012 election.

From here

Interestingly you're happy with a source if you feel it supports your opinion.

• Advertisement

Well Tom to me claiming someone said something when they didn't is to put it politely is misrepresenting or if you wish lying. You choose the explanation you like best.

I don't think sunmerising from "everyone is" to widespread is mispresenting that point

Perhaps you could explain the difference. ...I googled definition of widespread and seems to describe it perfectly??

Interestingly you're happy with a source if you feel it supports your opinion.

I see nowhere within that references a makey uppy newsite??

>>also carter cemtre has nothing on the 2015 election....but I was trying to be polite to you and not rubbish all your sources

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Some nice deflection going on here.

Maybe we'll all forget about the bauld Halawa's shenanigans while holidaying in Egypt.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Noted.

Bizarrely it thinks it is some type of thread thought police - it made the claim that posters could "expect ... contributions to be examined with rigour." There appears to be lot of that type out there that expect everything including the kitchen sink but bring nothing but platitudes to the discussion ...

Fortunately it couldn't examine its rear own end in a mirror based on the quality of its posts here imo .... :pac:

>>also carter cemtre has nothing on the 2015 election....but I was trying to be polite to you and not rubbish all your sources

Odd I said 2012 why would you look for 2015? Oh wait how else could you make a snide remark.

gozunda wrote:
    Bizarrely it thinks it is some type of thread thought police - it made the claim that posters could "expect ... contributions to be examined with rigour." There appears to be lot of that type out there that expect everything including the kitchen sink but bring nothing but platitudes to the discussion ...

At least one has gone hiding since his Allah Akbar outburst.

Hitman3000 wrote:

I've chosen mine; you have dug yourself a hole and are frantically looking for a way out.

First Up wrote:
    I've chosen mine; you have dug yourself a hole and are frantically looking for a way out.

If it makes you happy to think that be my guest. Although it has been fun to watch the Halawa fan club in operation. I missed it from the last threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

First Up wrote: »

Please do move on. Tbh you now appear to be the one frantically beavering away with little result. That type of repetitive badgering is never productive to a discussion imo ...

• Advertisement

Anyone ever find out how the Egyptian lad got the letters out of his cell and why the grammar was so bad. I thought he was educated in Ireland. Our education system is not as bad as his letters would have you believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement