Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Tbh I don't really care about the writing styles kid....all I wanted was to try help you in your quest for suggestions in how it got to the independent?

But you see that's the problem the different writing styles implies different authors. That would suggest that there individuals lying that various letters were form the Egyptian lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I answered a question you posed.

That's just your biased opinion i just think it was terrible to place a 17 year in such a dangerous sutuation especially after a DOFA travel advisory. Now again what slur are you referring too?

1-No you didn't.
    2-Dripping with insincerity and false innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Presumably someone scanned and emailed it late the night before??

Like I was at a club match ended 9pm....how did pics and a match report appear on national papers within 9 hours :eek:

The term "smuggled out" is at best laughable.
    Some of the "smuggled" letters are virtually crease free, one in particular has no folds in it at all, yet was written, signed and dated, smuggled out of prison, and made it into the press pages for the same day without a blemish on the page.
    Oddly enough, after this was highlighted in previous threads, subsequent letters would appear very crumpled! :rolleyes: :D

Not a hint of a crease
    ibrahim-halawa-letter.jpg

Irish student Ibrahim Halawa writes heartbreaking letter home to mark three years in Egyptian prison

K.Flyer wrote:
    The term "smuggled out" is at best laughable. Some of the "smuggled" letters are virtually crease free, one in particular has no folds in it at all, yet was written, signed and dated, smuggled out of prison, and make into the Irish press pages for the same day without a blemish on the page. Oddly enough, after this was highlighted in previous threads, subsequent letters would appear very crumpled!

Ah I liked Toms explaination, totally unbelievable but entertaining.

elperello wrote:
    1-No you didn't. 2-Dripping with insincerity and false innocence.

1 .Yes I did.
    2 .You still haven't explained the slur you alleged I cast. Are you making up stuff now? Are you claiming there was no travel advisory in place. Do you not think it was irresponsible of the young lads father to allow his offspring travel against government advice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Ah I liked Toms explaination, totally unbelievable but entertaining.

So saying the letter could be taken out of prision and scanned/emailed is unbelievable (as has happened in ireland)??

Bit the explainion it was probably photod on a phone....deos seem more realistic

But sure look,if you honestly believe there's no phones etc in prision or unable to comprehend the possibility of this happening,guess that's your own naivety to deal with?

1 .Yes I did.
    2 .You still haven't explained the slur you alleged I cast. Are you making up stuff now? Are you claiming there was no travel advisory in place. Do you not think it was irresponsible of the young lads father to allow his offspring travel against government advice?

1 You went off with a lot of diversion to get away from the real issue.
    2 I am not arguing with the DOFA travel advisory but I am questioning your
    motive in bringing it up.

Bit the explainion it was probably photod on a phone....deos seem more realistic

What?

But sure look,if you honestly believe there's no phones etc in prision or unable to comprehend the possibility of this happening,guess that's your own naivety to deal with?

You were doing so well up till now. Where you beside DavyCC when he used to shout Allah Akbar for the lols?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

gozunda wrote:
    Nothing really changes does it?

I know you interceded on behalf of the unfortunate Hitman but the sqealing reference was more directed at him.

As for yourself, the references to Al Qaeda, ISIS as a comment on Halawa's situation are gutter level rubbish.

• Advertisement

You were doing so well up till now. Where you beside DavyCC when he used to shout Allah Akbar for the lols?

Are you drunk or just being obtuse or just unable to address the point made??

If This post is literally all you could come up with...why do I waste time on this nonsense

elperello wrote:
    1 You went off with a lot of diversion to get away from the real issue. 2 I am not arguing with the DOFA travel advisory but I am questioning your motive in bringing it up.

1. I didn't I told you I respect his culture and faith. I may not like it but I respect it.
    2. So no slur just a false allegation you made up.

First Up wrote:
    I know you interceded on behalf of the unfortunate Hitman but the sqealing reference was more directed at him.

No squealing here. Fun watching ye guys tie yourselfs up in knots. Just look at poor Tom. DavyCC nowhere to be seen yet he was so prolific yeaterday before his faux pas.

You're asking me am I drunk?.lol.

No squealing here. Fun watching ye guys tie yourselfs up in knots. Just look at poor Tom..

Such as?

Such as?

See above.

1. I didn't I told you I respect his culture and faith. I may not like it but I respect it.
    2. So no slur just a false allegation you made up.

Your respect is worth nothing in a court of law.

No false allegation I am calling you out about your fake concern for travelers.

You're asking me am I drunk?.lol.

So do you think he took photo of letter on his phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

First Up wrote: »

As for yourself, the references to Al Qaeda, ISIS as a comment on Halawa's situation are gutter level rubbish.

"Sqealing"???? Do you mean squealing? What Squealing? I have no idea what you are talking about?

Is that really the best you can do seriously?
    And do point out the specific posts please...

So alledgedly where i say that Al Qaeda and ISIS have links to the MB then according to you I'm "accusing" the Halawas of the same ? Ha ha ha ...rofl - That really is another excellent piece of whataboutery!

Most importantly what about the "weeks" I spent making accusations against them - come on I want PROOF!

elperello wrote:
    No false allegation I am calling you out about your fake concern for travelers.

You assume it's fake,very presumptuous of you. I think it was terrible that their father allowed them travel against government advice to stay away. Daddy should hang his head in shame, 4 years of his son's life wasted because of his irresponsible behaviour. Terrible.

• Advertisement

You assume it's fake,very presumptuous of you. I think it was terrible that their father allowed them travel against government advice to stay away. Daddy should hang his head in shame, 4 years of his son's life wasted because of his irresponsible behaviour. Terrible.

I agree if anything the father should've been doing all his best to get young relatives of there's in egyet to safety in ireland?

So do you think he took photo of letter on his phone??

Sure if he had a phone could he not just have texted his thoughts . Still doesn't explain the various authors you different writing styles etc. Have you a theory? your last one was funny.

Yep, you've got me there I can't prove that your expressions of concern are total hypocrisy. Let other readers (if there are any left) look at your posts and decide.

Sure if he had a phone could he not just have texted his thoughts . Still doesn't explain the various authors you different writing styles etc. Have you a theory? your last one was funny.

I don't really care either way about the letter??

But you asked how he could gotten a letter from inside the prision to the independent and now you have a realistic suggestion?

elperello wrote:
    Yep, you've got me there I can't prove that your expressions of concern are total hypocrisy. Let other readers (if there are any left) look at your posts and decide.

No comment on daddies irresponsible behaviour in review of the advice from DOFA, 4 years of a the young Egyptian lads life wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I have just read that letter. Twenty times he writes 'I'm sorry'. Not once does he say he's sorry he spoke out at an illegal rally and got himself arrested. They knew it might happen and still spoke out. Then he says, "I’m fighting for what you though me to die for. I’m fighting for other to gain democracy like back home. I’m sorry that I am willing to die for freedom." Who on earth teaches a 17 year old to travel to another country, take part in an illegal rally and be willing to die, but weep about being incarcerated? This lad reminds me of another misguided teenager from history by the name of Behan. Let's hope this lad doesn't come to a sticky end one day, after all, we are told many of our immigrants come here to be safe. Irish parents just want their kids to study, get a good job, a happy family and a prosperous future. That's what this family should want for their children. Ireland can't change Egypt for them.

But you asked how he could gotten a letter from inside the prision to the independent and now you have a realistic suggestion?

Its not though, funny but not realistic.

Jellybaby1 wrote:
    I have just read that letter. Twenty times he writes 'I'm sorry'. Not once does he say he's sorry he spoke out at an illegal rally and got himself arrested. They knew it might happen and still spoke out. Then he says, "I’m fighting for what you though me to die for. I’m fighting for other to gain democracy like back home. I’m sorry that I am willing to die for freedom." Who on earth teaches a 17 year old to travel to another country, take part in an illegal rally and be willing to die, but weep about being incarcerated? This lad reminds me of another misguided teenager from history by the name of Behan. Let's hope this lad doesn't come to a sticky end one day, after all, we are told many of our immigrants come here to be safe. Irish parents just want their kids to study, get a good job, a happy family and a prosperous future. That's what this family should want for their children. Ireland can't change Egypt for them.

There was a travel advisory in place and Daddy still let him go.

No comment on daddies irresponsible behaviour in review of the advice from DOFA, 4 years of a the young Egyptian lads life wasted.

No, I have no comment on your conjecture.
    I prefer to stick to facts.
    Don't be offended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I agree if anything the father should've been doing all his best to get young relatives of there's in egyet to safety in ireland?

Tom - please don't take this the wrong way - I make many silly spelling mistakes but I think I have just realised where the etymology of the word eejit actually comes from

If nothing else the siblings were real egyets to get involved in this whole debacle in the first place :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement