Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

More pertinent, how he got them from his cell in Egypt to Ireland, and published in less than 24 hours.

Tom reckons he took a photo with his phone of the letter and then sent the photo via the internet to someone in Ireland. Totally believable...... I asked Tom what the point of a letter was if he had a phone, no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

deco nate wrote: »
    Ah now, no need for that kind of post!
    Sure he has already said after 4 years of being locked up that he is going to help the homeless of Ireland(.maybe put them up somewhere? Maybe Clonskeagh) . and stand up an fight for anyone found guilty of crimes to set them free.
    Stop belittling this brave child.
    Thank you

If he puts homeless people up, there will be a price no doubt.
    They will be exposed to Islam maybe ???

And of course, these people will probably feel such gratitude they may feel obliged to convert.

Dangerous times.
    Just as we leave the horrible RCC behind, the seeds of a worse regime are slowly being sown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Tom reckons he took a photo with his phone of the letter and then sent the photo via the internet to someone in Ireland. Totally believable...... I asked Tom what the point of a letter was if he had a phone, no answer.

Maybe he prayed really hard and Allah personally delivered them to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

First Up wrote: »
    Thanks for providing such an exquisite piece of irony on which to wrap up.

Off to Egypt on a Holiday perhaps?

But still not going to provide an answer to the accusations you made? I expected as much :pac:

And yet you relentlessly hound others just so your you can harp on with groundless opinions .

I expected no less. Pathetic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Perhaps it was to 'prove' that it was from him, written in his own handwriting. A message from a phone, an email etc even if you know the phone number, might not actually be from that person.

Just a possible reason.

• Advertisement

Maybe he prayed really hard and Allah personally delivered them to Ireland.

Like a letter a letter to Santa. ; )

givyjoe wrote:
    Perhaps it was to 'prove' that it was from him, written in his own handwriting. A message from a phone, an email etc even if you know the phone number, might not actually be from that person.

That's the thing several letters clearly had different authors but yet the sisters all claimed they came from the Egyptian lad. Doesn't make sense and laughable that people in Ireland believed the sh*t the sisters were peddling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭elperello

An but this isn't about me, however it's telling how you repeatedly deflected from my question. Uncomfortable for you? Just say so. You have shown yourself up for what you are, as another poster said. Laters, ; )

I don't accept your bona fides as a concerned citizen worried about other citizens travel arrangements.

What are you doing hiding behind another posters opinion. If you have something to say about me spit it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The term "smuggled out" is at best laughable.
    Some of the "smuggled" letters are virtually crease free, one in particular has no folds in it at all, yet was written, signed and dated, smuggled out of prison, and made it into the press pages for the same day without a blemish on the page.
    Oddly enough, after this was highlighted in previous threads, subsequent letters would appear very crumpled! :rolleyes: :D

Irish student Ibrahim Halawa writes heartbreaking letter home to mark three years in Egyptian prison

Why didn't he write it in Arabic so that the auld fella could read it ?

There are more holes in this lads story than at St Andrews.

And the real laugh is how hard his supporters try to spin that there is nothing to them.

Talk about fooking gullible, no wonder so many people get stung in internet scams.
    Or are they all gullible or just would rather engage in some cognitive dissonance rather than be seen as a non liberal right on type.

He accidently found himself on a podium at a muslim brotherhood protest rally whilst he was on holidays.
    He wrote perfectly formatted and presentable letters home whilst he was
    in a prison where the guards were torturing him.
    He was on continous hunger strikes, but miraculously he looks very healthy on his release.
    He was tortured and shot in the hand, but rather than looking like Padre Pio he miraculously has the hands of a Neutrogena hand model.

He was Egyptian, lived in Ireland, Egypt was his home, but then he was Irish and Ireland was his home.
    Quite a mixed up young fellow, but so are a lot of his age group.

Then again a lot of his age group just go on holiday to go on the lash and get laid, rather than climb on board a platform with ultra bigots at a Day of Rage.

Questions, questions.

I am not allowed discuss …

You refusing to answer a question is very telling.

I'm not interested in adding fuel to your little bonfire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Welcome home brother Ibrahim.

Ireland is as much his home as you are his brother.

elperello wrote:
    I don't accept your bona fides as a concerned citizen worried about other citizens travel arrangements.
    Any chance you would pay the ball instead of the man?
    elperello wrote:
    What are you doing hiding behind another posters opinion. If you have something to say about me spit it out.
    See my above comment it seems you're unable to answer a question you get personal. If you can't or don't want to answer a question have the decency to say so.

elperello wrote:
    I'm not interested in adding fuel to your little bonfire.

Running away so? Very telling that your afraid to address genuine questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

topper75 wrote: »

You're clearly very intelligent

topper75 wrote:

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

See my above comment it seems you're unable to answer a question you get personal. If you can't or don't want to answer a question have the decency to say so.

Do you really think commenting on the obvious sarcasm in your post, with relation to your 'concern', is playing the man?

I will if you will but remember you don't own the ball.

Read back your posts directed at me. You got a bit personal yourself.

Running away so? Very telling that your afraid to address genuine questions.

Running away? Not my form.

Not indulging you by commenting on your conspiracy theories which can't be proved one way or the other.

givyjoe wrote:
    Do you really think commenting on the obvious sarcasm in your post, with relation to your 'concern', is playing the man?

I asked a question the poster as is his right refused to answer the question but instead has sought to make a personal attack on me. So yes he was and is playing the man not the ball.
    As for sarcasm that's a matter of opinion.

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?
    I asked a question the poster as is his right refused to answer the question but instead has sought to make a personal attack on me. So yes he was and is playing the man not the ball.
    As for sarcasm that's a matter of opinion.

You seemed well able to spot it in other posts, shouldn't be such a surprise for others to do the same :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

elperello wrote:
    I will if you will but remember you don't own the ball.
    So that's a yes you will answer?
    Btw the ball comment I think is in the charter could be wrong.
    elperello wrote:
    Read back your posts directed at me. You got a bit personal yourself.

Enlighten me please, genuinely don't know what you are talking about similar to your slur allegation you didn't back that up either.

elperello wrote:
    Not indulging you by commenting on your conspiracy theories which can't be proved one way or the other.

The question related to Daddy Halawa allowing his 17 year old son trouble to an area that was under a DOFA travel advisory. No conspiracy there. It was a question based on fact. : )

givyjoe wrote:
    You seemed well able to spot it in other posts, shouldn't be such a surprise for others to do the same

But he questioned motive how is that relevant to asking a fact based question?

givyjoe wrote:
    You seemed well able to spot it in other posts, shouldn't be such a surprise for others to do the same

One post. Not posts. ; )

*travel not trouble

One post. Not posts. ; )

Sure, one post;):confused::pac::D:P:cool::eek::o:mad::(:rolleyes::):p

elperello wrote:
    Running away? Not my form.

It very much is as you have clearly demostrated in the last several posts. It's ok you swallowed the lies and are now unwilling to admit it.

So that's a yes you will answer?
    Btw the ball comment I think is in the charter could be wrong.

Enlighten me please, genuinely don't know what you are talking about similar to your slur allegation you didn't back that up either.

That's a yes to playing the ball.
    I will debate based on facts.

So you have forgotten what you wrote and you want me to go back and trawl through you posts to remind you?

elperello wrote:
    That's a yes to playing the ball. I will debate based on facts.

My question about his father allowing his son travel to an area that the DOFA advised against is fact based but you refused to answer. So puts the last part of you comment into doubt.
    You instead questioned my motives, irrelevant other than playing the man.

• Advertisement

The question related to Daddy Halawa allowing his 17 year old son trouble to an area that was under a DOFA travel advisory. No conspiracy there. It was a question based on fact. : )

An old student debating trick.
    Take a little dash of truth and embellish it with your slant to gain an advantage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement