Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

elperello wrote:
    So you have forgotten what you wrote and you want me to go back and trawl through you posts to remind you?

No but much like your slur accusation I'd prefer if you address it instead of making allegations. Whenever you're ready. ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,862 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    It very much is as you have clearly demostrated in the last several posts. It's ok you swallowed the lies and are now unwilling to admit it.

Gullibility is not one of my traits.
    Honesty is.
    Show me where I swallowed lies and I will be strong enough to admit it.

A little dash, you made much about his age of legal majority. So based on the fact he travelled there at 17 against DOFA advice it would be logical to assume his parent gave him permission to go.
    Don't tie yourself up in knots to avoid the question. I know now you're unwilling to answer so I 'll leave it at that. ; )

No but much like your slur accusation I'd prefer if you address it instead of making allegations. Whenever you're ready. ; )

You will be waiting.
    I told you at the time that I wasn't in the least bit upset, just bemused.
    Truth told I still am to a degree but the novelty is wearing off.

elperello wrote:
    Gullibility is not one of my traits. Honesty is. Show me where I swallowed lies and I will be strong enough to admit it.

You couldn't even admit to a baseless allegation here. I'm done with you. Honesty????.....best laugh all day.

• Advertisement

elperello wrote:
    You will be waiting. I told you at the time that I wasn't in the least bit upset, just bemused. Truth told I still am to a degree but the novelty is wearing off.

Thanks for confirming what others have said about you. As posted I'm done with further response to you. Hope the next bandwagon is equally fun for you and your ilk. Toodles. ; )

So just to put the record straight.

Since I joined this thread I made only two substantive points which I have backed up and debated at length.

1-The age of majority in both Egypt and Ireland is 18.
    2-An accused when acquitted is considered innocent in the eyes of the law.

At no point did I express any support for the gentleman in question and his family. I never mentioned their name or commentated directly on them.

As for the rest of my exchanges if I have been a bit over robust it was in the context of a fast moving discussion and it wasn't my intention to be too hard on anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: much and all as I enjoy a few rounds of He said/She said to while away the hours till work finishes, I think it has gone on a bit too long. I would kindly request poster to return to discussing the topic on hand for the little little remaining time that the thread remains relevant.

Thanking you in advance,

Buford T. Justice.

Anyone know when the Egyptian lad will be appearing with Tubs on the LLS?
    The line of questioning should be fun.

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He'll probably come out to a standing ovation from an audience of lefties and will spend the next 20-25 minutes telling us how he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time during his Leaving Cert holidays.

Tubs will ask a few easy questions and it will be wrapped up like a Christmas present to another round of applause and a few cheers thrown in as well.

• Advertisement

Tubs will ask a few easy questions and it will be wrapped up like a Christmas present to another round of applause and a few cheers thrown in as well.

Probably correct I'm sure Tubs will run a mile from any question of the Egyptian lads support for the Muslim Brotherhood. Pity it would be nice see some truth come forth from this family.

Probably correct I'm sure Tubs will run a mile from any question of the Egyptian lads support for the Muslim Brotherhood. Pity it would be nice see some truth come forth from this family.

Nah will never happen.

No RTE or TV3 presenter will want to upset the love fest the media has with this guy by asking any awkward questions that many people want answers to.

No RTE or TV3 presenter will want to upset the love fest the media has with this guy by asking any awkward questions that many people want answers to.

At some stage the worm will turn to coin a phrase. The good thing is he has intensified awareness of Daddies 'alleged' links to the MB and the activities of the Clonskeagh Mosque. So not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I think Ireland may have started a trend :pac:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5023181/Let-return-Britain-begs-grammar-school-jihadi.html

Our own 'Liberal Ayatollah' minister Katherine Zappone could perhaps write a a guide on how to encourage all misunderstood Islamist groupies who just want to go home to mummy and daddy when things go pear shaped ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Hitman3000 do not post in this thread again upon your return. Reason trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

One think I’ve noticed is that the Imam of Blanchardstown has not been asked his opinion. He seems to be one of the most moderate Muslims in Ireland. He organised the March for peach, one of his followers was the one that had the tar beaten out of him in Halawas mosque. He has also spoken out against extremism in Islam in Ireland. He’d be better placed than Zappone et al to tell us the state of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

One think I’ve noticed is that the Imam of Blanchardstown has not been asked his opinion. He seems to be one of the most moderate Muslims in Ireland. He organised the March for peach, one of his followers was the one that had the tar beaten out of him in Halawas mosque. He has also spoken out against extremism in Islam in Ireland. He’d be better placed than Zappone et al to tell us the state of play.
    What state of play?! Best placed to tell us what, something about someone he doesn't know.. just because he's Muslim too? The lad is now a free man.. he's going to get on with his life, not plan his next 'terrorist' move.

Surprised this thread hasn't been moved to conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He'll probably come out to a standing ovation from an audience of lefties and will spend the next 20-25 minutes telling us how he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time during his Leaving Cert holidays.

Ah yes, the famous communist propaganda machine RTE at work again. Funded by Soros and his band of lizard people no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ah yes, the famous communist propaganda machine RTE at work again. Funded by Soros and his band of lizard people no doubt.

No problem with communits,never heard a kick up about chinese people moving to ireland ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He gave his opinion last month

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »

Good tactic.

When you can't debate the issue just post nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

nope. lefties have nothing to do with this. it will be a mix of people from all political persuasions at the late late show, as is the case every week. tuberty will ask some relevant questions and yes it will be done rather quickly which is what ibriham, and most people will want.
    Nah will never happen.

the media has no love fest with ibriham. the media aren't going to bother asking questions there is little to no evidence for their relevance, just to suit a few who want to hear something.
    Good tactic.

When you can't debate the issue just post nonsense.

there is nothing to debate. ibriham is innocent of all allegations. if you have evidence otherwise, it is your duty to inform the authorities, who have a duty to investigate your claims, once you provide evidence.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

gozunda wrote: »
    I think Ireland may have started a trend :pac:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5023181/Let-return-Britain-begs-grammar-school-jihadi.html

Our own 'Liberal Ayatollah' minister Katherine Zappone could perhaps write a a guide on how to encourage all misunderstood Islamist groupies who just want to go home to mummy and daddy when things go pear shaped ...

Three of the " Kids " Katherine Zappone rescued form the Jungle in France were placed in a former care home facility in Wicklow

one vanished with in a few days and hasnt been located since
    http://ireland.missing.report/armend-ajazi-roundwood/

one has been caught three times at the ferry terminal trying to get back to france

and one is living on the streets of dublin supporting a fine drug problen

But they needed to be rescued right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Three of the " Kids " Katherine Zappone rescued form the Jungle in France were placed in a former care home facility in Wicklow

one has been caught three times at the ferry terminal trying to get back to france

What has that got to do with Ibrahim Halawa or his acquittal?

RustyNut wrote: »
    What has that got to do with Ibrahim Halawa or his acquittal?

more to do with the policy of the government and those facilitated his return to Ireland

as i would have though was obvious given the quote attached

Didn't realize you were a mod there Rusty :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This is an interesting article by Mary Fitzgerald of the Irish Times written prior to the controversy of the Halawas visit to Egypt in 2013. The article details some of the concerns with the MB in Ireland and the Iman of Clonskeagh mosque. It also gives a overview of the state of Islam in Ireland prior to the present discussion ...

https://www.islamicity.org/7835/the-future-of-islam-in-ireland/

The article is given in full on the Islamicty website which details a "mission is to share with the world an understanding of Islam and Muslims"

It's ironic that many here now do not appear to wish to discuss the same concerns ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just curious. How do you know the details about those 3 guys? Has there been media reports about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

more to do with the policy of the government and those facilitated his return to Ireland

as i would have though was obvious given the quote attached

Didn't realize you were a mod there Rusty :rolleyes:

So it's about as relevant as their policy on homelessness or infrastructure.

Just curious. How do you know the details about those 3 guys? Has there been media reports about them?

people in the social care sector talk

do you hear any media about these people who were brought here allegedly at 17 and are now missing ?

strange that isnt it

• Advertisement

RustyNut wrote: »
    So it's about as relevant as their policy on homelessness or infrastructure.

and just as well informed thought out and intelligent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement