Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

mynamejeff wrote: »
    people in the social care sector talk

do you hear any media about these people who were brought here allegedly at 17 and are now missing ?

strange that isnt it

maybe you could give a tip-off to the media backed up with evidence? you don't have to give any information about yourself and you would be doing a good public service.
    if the social care system is unable to keep people in it's care and unable to look after these teenagers then it's important the public are aware of this so that pressure can be put on the politicians to insure the relevant people do their jobs properly.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

maybe you could give a tip-off to the media backed up with evidence? you don't have to give any information about yourself and you would be doing a good public service.
    if the social care system is unable to keep people in it's care and unable to look after these teenagers then it's important the public are aware of this so that pressure can be put on the politicians to insure the relevant people do their jobs properly.

It's ensure.
    I'll use use it in a sentence. Enablers like yourself in England ensured that predatory child rape gangs went undetected, unreported and unarrested for years. Their victims weren't listened to.

Enablers like yourself in England ensured that predatory child rape gangs went undetected, unreported and unarrested for years. Their victims weren't listened to.

bull. i'm not an enabler. i have already stated a plenty that those who covered up and enabled the child rape gangs are vermin and should be in jail.
    so, well done on another failed accusation toards me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

bull. i'm not an enabler. i have already stated a plenty that those who covered up and enabled the child rape gangs are vermin and should be in jail.
    so, well done on another failed accusation toards me.

I think you are. You ignore uncomfortable truths that don't suit your arguments.
    You and your type are enablers whether you realise it or not. You're naive and won't realise or don't care for the consequences of your hair brained,virtue signalling arguments until it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

RustyNut wrote: »
    So it's about as relevant as their policy on homelessness or infrastructure.

Do people need to be rescued from policies on homelessness or infrastructure etc?

I think you are being somewhat literal tbh ...

• Advertisement

I think you are. You ignore uncomfortable truths that don't suit your arguments.
    You and your type are enablers whether you realise it or not. You're naive and won't realise or don't care for the consequences of your hair brained,virtue signalling arguments until it's too late.

i know i'm not, so that trumps what you think, which is irrelevant to me. i don't ignore things that are true, i do require evidence before i take them as fact though. i do however ignore things that are false. you are deluded, virtue signalling is a myth and doesn't exist. the word naive doesn't even register when it comes to me as it is impossible for me to be so.

nope. lefties have nothing to do with this. it will be a mix of people from all political persuasions at the late late show, as is the case every week. tuberty will ask some relevant questions and yes it will be done rather quickly which is what ibriham, and most (leftie) people will want.

the media has no (a) love fest with ibriham. (so) the media aren't going to bother asking questions there is little to no evidence for their relevance, just to suit a few who want to hear something.

there is nothing to debate (according to most lefties). ibriham is innocent of all allegations. if you have evidence otherwise, it is your duty to inform the authorities, who have a duty to investigate your claims, once you provide evidence.

I reject your view of reality and have replaced with my own ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

i know i'm not, so that trumps what you think, which is irrelevant to me. i don't ignore things that are true, i do require evidence before i take them as fact though. i do however ignore things that are false. you are deluded, virtue signalling is a myth and doesn't exist. the word naive doesn't even register when it comes to me as it is impossible for me to be so.
    Haha, sorry but I couldn't help but read that in a 1950s computer or robot voice.
    You left out the " beep bop boo beep" at the end

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

sorry eotr ive been around too long i dont feed you kind :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

gozunda wrote: »
    Do people need to be rescued from policies on homelessness or infrastructure etc?

I think you are being somewhat literal tbh ...

according to some in those systems yes .

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/mothers-taking-cocaine-in-bedrooms-with-children-present-among-slew-of-complaints-about-homeless-accommodation-36261735.html

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irishvoice/shocking-homeless-shelter-conditions-dublin-figures-grow

not my opinion but there you go

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    sorry eotr ive been around too long i dont feed you kind cool.png

what are you on about? you have clearly got some information and you are complaining the media won't cover it. so therefore you have a duty to inform whoever that this is going on so the issue can be dealt with.

so therefore you have a duty to inform whoever that this is going on so the issue can be dealt with.

No they dont

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Halawa sisters got an award at the Tatler Woman of the Year Awards according to rte.ie.

Ibrahim Halawa surprised the audience in the Burlington Hotel in Dublin by arriving unannounced at the Women of the Year Awards to pay tribute to his five sisters for helping to secure his freedom.

Introduced to the stage by Irish Tatler publisher and organiser of the event, Norah Casey, he said: "I would like to thank Norah and Irish Tatler for having me but really I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my beautiful five sisters."

The audience continued to give Ibrahim and his sisters a standing ovation thoughout his speech.

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Halawa sisters got an award at the Tatler Woman of the Year Awards according to rte.ie.

Ibrahim Halawa surprised the audience in the Burlington Hotel in Dublin by arriving unannounced at the Women of the Year Awards to pay tribute to his five sisters for helping to secure his freedom.

Introduced to the stage by Irish Tatler publisher and organiser of the event, Norah Casey, he said: "I would like to thank Norah and Irish Tatler for having me but really I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my beautiful five sisters."

The audience continued to give Ibrahim and his sisters a standing ovation thoughout his speech.

Oh the irony ...

I'm away to eat worms ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Omackeral wrote: »

Let's see. 3 sisters are given bail pending a court appearance. They jump bail and flee the country.

And now they are being given awards. For what exactly?

pablo128 wrote: »
    Let's see. 3 sisters are given bail pending a court appearance. They jump bail and flee the country.

for helping to get their brother home. the 3 sisters were absolutely correct to flee egypt at the first opportunity, it's just a shame it wasn't safe for ibriham to do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

for helping to get their brother home. the 3 sisters were absolutely correct to flee egypt at the first opportunity, it's just a shame it wasn't safe for ibriham to do the same.

They are still bail jumpers, and are currently trying to sue the Irish state.

I'm sure there are more deserving recipients for whatever award they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

So I suppose Ibrahim will be appearing on the Late Late show next. If he were I can imagine Ryan getting so excited about it, the liberal champion that he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Special recognosion award??

Like lads in waterford winning awards for sheep....they just make up a caterogory for em...the morning of the show :pac:

(This annoys me,more than amuses me)

They are still bail jumpers, and are currently trying to sue the Irish state.

I'm sure there are more deserving recipients for whatever award they got.

they are not bail jumpers as the trumped up charges were dropped. the fact they are sueing the irish state doesn't matter, as the relevant authorities will ultimately decide as to whether they have a case or not. there were no more deserving recipients for whatever award they got, otherwise they wouldn't have got the award.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd like to know where the money for this case they are taking against the Irish state is coming from.

None of the sisters were born here, they were granted citizenship which is a privilege not a right and now they show their thanks by suing the Government!

You couldn't make it up, this family are nothing but troublemakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

there were no more deserving recipients for whatever award they got, otherwise they wouldn't have got the award.

Well it was a 'Special Award' so it wasn't any particular category. So you can't say they were deserving exactly as that's not a finite category, by its very definition.

I'd like to know where the money for this case they are taking against the Irish state is coming from.

that's not your concern.
    None of the sisters were born here, they were granted citizenship which is a privilege not a right and now they show their thanks by suing the Government!

so what? they are entitled to sue the government as are we all if we have grounds to do so. if they have no case then that will be determined by a judge.
    You couldn't make it up, this family are nothing but troublemakers.

no they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

that's not your concern.

so what? they are entitled to sue the government as are we all if we have grounds to do so. if they have no case then that will be determined by a judge.

no they aren't.

Do the sisters and their aul fella earn an income and pay tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

they are not bail jumpers as the trumped up charges were dropped ...

Again you may want to check your facts :rolleyes:
    They left the country which was against bail conditions and risked being arrested should they re-enter the country, as was stated by the Egyptian ambassador.
    Their court case was only recently heard in absentia and they were acquitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

How can someone who has spent four years in jail and spent some of that on hungerstrike arrive home overweight.

The food must be very plentiful in the jail of Eygpt.

Could some of his friends please tell him to go hide out in the mosque or get a job or maybe volunteer, so sick of the sight and sound of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

tretorn wrote: »
    How can someone who has spent four years in jail and spent some of that on hungerstrike arrive home overweight.

Could some of his friends please tell him to go hide out in the mosque or get a job or maybe volunteer, so sick of the sight and sound of him.

He will be on welfare and go to get his degree at the expense of us Irish tax paying fools.

tretorn wrote: »

not his job to go and get a job to suit you, or so that you won't have to read about him on the paper. there will be huge employment opportunities for him no doubt which will involve campaigning on issues of social justice and more.

there were no more deserving recipients for whatever award they got, otherwise they wouldn't have got the award.

You really have no idea what award they got or why? And yet according to you they must deserve it .... :rolleyes:

that's not your concern.

so what? they are entitled to sue the government as are we all if we have grounds to do so. if they have no case then that will be determined by a judge

no they aren't.

Is there anything that this lot will do that you will disagree with?

They become involved in violent protests with a proscribed organisation in the state in which most of them were born and are arrested - but that's fine according to you

They sue another state which has allocated then citizenship and provided huge amounts of financial and consular assistance in the face of anti goverment activism in another state - but that's fine according to you

Are you some kind of extreme apologist or something? Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

We owe him or his family nothing.

We weren't looked after back with the famine or pretty much anything to be honest.

We went to other countries and worked and worked dam hard.

So many do gooders and snow flakes these days I feel its a sad time and going to get worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of this chap gets into the dail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement