Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Again you may want to check your facts :rolleyes:
    They left the country which was against bail conditions and risked being arrested should they re-enter the country, as was stated by the Egyptian ambassador.
    Their court case was only recently heard in absentia and they were acquitted.

And how much of that aquital was due to Irish consular presure and dialogue ?

not his job to go and get a job to suit you, or so that you won't have to read about him on the paper. there will be huge employment opportunities for him no doubt which will involve campaigning on issues of social justice and more.

'Social Justice'? You have to be joking. The proscribed terrorist group MB - he was supporting on protest in Egypt are NOT signed up to 'social justice' - unless "Islam is the Solution"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

gozunda wrote: »
    They become involved in violent protests with a proscribed organisation in the state in which most of them were born and are arrested - but that's fine according to you

they were not a proscribed organisation at the time. they were the legitimate democratically elected government of the country. i no more like it then anyone else but those are the facts.
    They sue another state which has allocated then citizenship and provided huge amounts of financial and consular assistance in the face of anti goverment activism in another state - but that's fine according to you

of course it's fine. they believe they have a case to do so, so are entitled to use the legal mechanisms of the state. if the legal mechanisms determine they do or don't have a case then what will be will be.
    We owe him or his family nothing.

well we do owe him something as he is irish.
    We weren't looked after back with the famine or pretty much anything to be honest.

and?
    We went to other countries and worked and worked dam hard.

some did, many others stepped off the boat in the uk for example and went on the claim.
    So many do gooders and snow flakes these days I feel its a sad time and going to get worse.

incorrect. there are no snow flakes as there is no snow been given according to the weather forecast.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Social Justice? You have to be joking. The proscribed terrorist group MB he was supporting on protest in Egypt are NOT signed up to 'social justice' - unless "Islam is the Answer"

Young Halawa could come out in the morning and call for Sharia in Ireland and death to all who oppose it and some people would call you racist for not ignoring it.

Don’t waste your time.

Young Halawa could come out in the morning and call for Sharia in Ireland and death to all who oppose it and some people would call you racist for not ignoring it.

Don’t waste your time.

Sadly the more I see of the extreme apologism in this thread the more I see vested interests in action. Absolutely unbelievable that anyone would fall for such rubbish tbh ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

would they? have you any proof/evidence for that claim?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

they were not a proscribed organisation at the time. they were the legitimate democratically elected government of the country. i no more like it then anyone else but those are the facts.

Then let me ask you a question.

If, and not an impossible if,
    If a new political party was set up in Ireland and they became the elected majority power and after taking governance of our country decided that they were introducing Sharia Law in its entirety and throwing out our constitution,
    Would You Be Happy To Just Accept It?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Yes and yes. I have loads of proof but I’m not telling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

K.Flyer wrote:
    If, and not an impossible if, If a new political party was set up in Ireland and they became the elected majority power and after taking governance of our country decided that they were introducing Sharia Law in its entirety and throwing out our constitution, Would You Be Happy To Just Accept It?

What a fabulous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

of course it's fine. they believe they have a case to do so, so are entitled to use the legal mechanisms of the state. if the legal mechanisms determine they do or don't have a case then what will be will be.

and?

some did, many others stepped off the boat in the uk for example and went on the claim.

incorrect. there are no snow flakes as there is no snow been given according to the weather forecast.

Ah will ya come off that high horse....

The view from galaxies beyond must be unreal.

We owe him nothing.

Its like the homeless crisis which of course he jumped onto that band wagon and that he is going to save everyone across the world.

Plenty of fairies and snow flakes and please don't insult my intelligence as I wouldn't insult yours.

Why do we have to try and save the likes of him when he couldn't give a rats tail about you or me and anyone else for that matter as they are only interested in their own agendas and their people as they would put it.

• Advertisement

They are proscribed in many many countries for their extreme beliefs and are now proscribed in Egypt where they originated from and where they were previously proscribed for most of their existence - and yet you see no problem with them - seriously?

Citizenship is not a one way street - people owe the state a duty of care in the face of that state standing on its head to ensure their safety

No one is owed anything purely on the fact that they are 'Irish' ... especially where they get involved with anti government protests in another state with a proscribed organisation

All Irish citizens must show bona fides for assistance whether that is social welfare - legal aid or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Awards should be going to heros like Rescue 116 crew family and people who save lives and contribute to society

Not people who blame a state for them believing in their politics and a tooth fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hilarious...

Only people more Irish are Americans

Do you have any proof / evidence of the antithesis?

K.Flyer wrote:
    If and not an impossible if, If a new political party was set up in Ireland and they became the elected majority power and after taking governance of our country decided that they were introducing Sharia Law in its entirety and throwing out our constitution, Would You Be Happy To Just Accept It?
    First Up wrote: »
    What a fabulous post.

The post is indeed but not for the reasons you appear to be implying that you support the implementation of Sharia Law in Ireland

Tbh I'm not really surprised ...

gozunda wrote:
    The post is indeed but not for the reasons you appear to be implying that you support the implementation of Sharia Law in Ireland

Even in the unlikely event of such a government being elected, you nitwits should know that changes to the constitution require a referendum.

But don't let me spoil the paranioa.

Even in the unlikely event of such a government being elected, you nitwits should know that changes to the constitution require a referendum.

SO why a "fabulous post" then?

In the absence of a straight answer we recieve insult ...

Your postings leave something to be desired considering this is the declared mission of extreme Islamists in Europe including Ireland ...

Or have you just realised you said too much?

gozunda wrote:
    SO why a "fabulous post" then?

Sarcasm. Look it up.

Sarcasm. Look it up.

Really - there was no indication off sarcasm whatsoever. No qualification or even an exclamation mark ...

You think this is a joke considering that it is the stated objective of extreme Islamists within Europe?

Btw you also failed to answer the simple question asked previously

Is there anything that this lot will do that you will disagree with?

gozunda wrote:
    Really - there was no indication off sarcasm whatsoever. No qualification or even an exclamation mark ...

You need clues?

• Advertisement

You need clues?

No - truth should answer ... but grammar would suffice

Still not answered that question? Why is that?

(Thanked this post in error, not sure how to remove ) :o

gozunda wrote:
    Still not answered that question? Why is that?

Remind me?

Jake1 wrote: »
    (Thanked this post in error, not sure how to remove ) :o

Hit on the thank (unthank) will do it ...

Jake1 wrote:
    (Thanked this post in error, not sure how to remove )

Don't worry about it. I won't take offence.

Remind me?

Read your posts and don't try and be perverse - it does nothing for the discussion - though at this stage you do appear to be scrapping the bottom of the proverbial barrel ...

gozunda wrote:
    Read your posts and don't try and be perverse - it does nothing for the discussion - though at this stage you do appear to be scrapping the bottom of the proverbial barrel ...

If you tell me the question I'll be happy to answer but I have no interest in trawling through your contrived hysteria to look for it.

If you tell me the question I'll be happy to answer but I have no interest in trawling through your contrived hysteria to look for it.

Again insult instead of truth. The question was clear.

gozunda wrote:
    Again insult instead of truth. The question was clear.

Then you should be able to repeat it.

• Advertisement

Don't worry about it. I won't take offence.

Good, there was none meant :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement