Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History

Options
  • 18-09-2017 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi.I have leaving cert history for the first time and I have essays which I'm correcting but I'm confused re the marking scheme. I have an essay with a good 12 paragraphs and I don't know how to divide the 60 marks up.I just find it confusing because it's a really good essay but if I'm giving 10 marks to some paragraphs I'm over the 60 marks for the cm.Also are the intro and conclusion included in the cm marks or are they part of the oe .Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 shortgirl0

Hey so my teacher told us like almost no one gets 10/10 for a paragraph in the leaving. Most likely 8 for a paragraph and you need 6 paragraphs minimum so thats 10 per paragraph but they still mark extra paragraphs. You can end up with 70/60 but obviously they just give you 60. They also mark for presentation and overall look.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Hi Ruth, The History Teachers Association of Ireland group on Facebook is a mine of excellent information on all things history-teacher related! I can't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

The CM can theoretically be, for instance, 72/60. Obviously, they just receive the 60 marks. Yes, intro and conclusion are included in the CM. But beware of students writing 12 x 10 mark paragraphs. They won't posdibly be able to do that in the exam - time is really, really tight.

Advertisement