Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing Over WiFi - Issues After Eir Modem Change

Options
  • 18-09-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes.

I have a printer attached to the PC via USB. The PC is connected by Ethernet to the router. The laptop is connected to the router over WiFi.

I had a Zyxel modem, and had the printer set up to be accessible to the laptop via the network - it worked fine. Eir decided to send a new modem, an F2000, and now I cannot make the laptop see the PC over the network at all. Is there a setting in the new modem (one of the vaunted "security" features) that needs adjusting to allow this set-up to continue? The printer is getting on, so I don't think attaching it to the USB port on the modem is going to work, even if it is the more elegant option.

Oh, and the modem is currently refusing to allow access via the default web address. I hate computers!

MTIA for any thoughts - Mods, please move if more suitable elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Old thread - may be solved - but either or both of the computers see the new router as a "New Network" and thus have set it to public/unknown. Tell them both its a "Home" network, allow printing and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sean9015

Thanks for that - that was part of the solution, along with a complete shut-down and reboot of everything. I hate computers at times :)

Advertisement