Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it legal to print specimen €5 note on flyer?

Options
  • 18-09-2017 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Thank you all in advance.

I'm offering mobile phone and laptop repair service so I'd like to add €5 note onto the flyer and in hope of attracting customers.

Am I allowed to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Can't see anything about this on the Central Bank website. But if you add Specimen - like your attached image, then you should be fine.

I spotted on the Bank of England website that swatches of notes i.e. Not the full face of a banknote is acceptable without the Specimen watermark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

that would make me pick it up then throw it away once I realized :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You should be fine, but to be sure, use it at >20% bigger or smaller than the actual note size. I would also tend to use around half the note in the graphic design, partly because of what the previous poster said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Canonfan wrote: »
    Thank you all in advance.

I'm offering mobile phone and laptop repair service so I'd like to add €5 note onto the flyer and in hope of attracting customers.

Am I allowed to do it?
    As long as reproductions in advertising or illustrations cannot be mistaken for genuine banknotes they can be used without prior authorisation of the ECB.

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/euro/banknotes/images/html/index.en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Thanks to all, i really appreciate your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement