Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Aim for an SSD + i3 instead. ULV i5's are basically i3's anyway, with the ability to turboboost to higher speeds if required (casual browsing, media, office work, etc will not need this). An SSD will make a huge difference versus a normal hard drive, will boot in about a third of the time and be much more responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Aim for an SSD + i3 instead. ULV i5's are basically i3's anyway, with the ability to turboboost to higher speeds if required (casual browsing, media, office work, etc will not need this). An SSD will make a huge difference versus a normal hard drive, will boot in about a third of the time and be much more responsive.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Acer-E5-575-Intel-i3-6157U-8GB-256-GB-SSD-Intel-HD505-Windows-7-PRO-/232444016499?hash=item361ebe3773:g:C7wAAOSwn5RZjdou

so you would say this is better, it has 2.4ghz compared to the 2.5ghz, also i3 then i5, but it has SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Be careful when ordering outside of Ireland/UK as the keyboard layout can vary significantly.

Advertisement