Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering Property Market - Advice Needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Is this the same guy who asked if he was to place his telly in his neighbours porch and watch it through a series of angled mirrors, could he technically avoid paying the TV licence fee and also become a millionaire in 18 months? Yes one might hit a few snags, but the fundamentals are there to become a millionaire. . no?

Liam, calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

liam650 wrote: »
    Also I checked and the tenancy or any of them in the house are not on the PRTB list
    The list isn't always up to date. I hope he sues you for every penny you have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Very entertaining thread :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If the landlord will bring me to court but he hasn't registered the property under the PRTB then surely it will not work?

For God's sake learn to live within your means, at your bills and stop dodging your obligations

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

the list says up to date since 9th December, my tenancy started back in June, by law has to register within 1 month, also found out he bought the house over 4 years ago constantly letting rooms out in it, uncle Sam will come knocking on his door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,184 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

the list says up to date since 9th December, my tenancy started back in June, by law has to register within 1 month, also found out he bought the house over 4 years ago constantly letting rooms out in it, uncle Sam will come knocking on his door
    If you're for real (which I doubt, tbh, but sure we'll play along as it's a quiet night otherwise), would you not be better served by worrying about the people coming knocking on your door the whole time?

What happened with Hugh J Ward Solrs in the end?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    If you're for real (which I doubt, tbh, but sure we'll play along as it's a quiet night otherwise), would you not be better served by worrying about the people coming knocking on your door the whole time?

What happened with Hugh J Ward Solrs in the end?

Hugh J Ward came to the door with a yellow streak running down his pants, that's in the past, the current matter at hand is this unregistered landlord

Hugh J Ward came to the door with a yellow streak running down his pants, that's in the past, the current matter at hand is this unregistered landlord
    Mmmm, yeah - or the current matter at hand might actually be yet another debt that you owe and are trying to get out of?

Bit of a pattern developing don't you think?

It is really simple, I do not have the money, food and clothing and shelter come first before these so called debts, especially coming up to xmas, I'm looking at possible homelessness, but no one cares, which yeah fair enough but why should I care then

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You'll given three meals a day, and a nice room, in a big communal house. But you won't get to leave it for 6 months to a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

So I am planning to mortgage an Apartment for between 50,000 to 70,000 and rent it out to Students and basically let it pay itself. Then potentially purchase more as time goes on etc. All sounds perfect but any flaws in it? I have very little experience when it comes to these sort of things but from what I have seen I have never seen a broke landlord

Any pointers would be appreciated

Why get just the one? If you get two you can double the return which will enable you to climb the ladder quicker when you think about it.

No need for any experience, you'll learn it all as you go along sure.

I say go for it OP! Keep us posted

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Why get just the one? If you get two you can double the return which will enable you to climb the ladder quicker when you think about it.

No need for any experience, you'll learn it all as you go along sure.

I say go for it OP! Keep us posted
    I think there might be a few speedbumps along the road to be negotiated before he's in a position to launch his property management empire!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Ahhhh Liam650, is your memory really that short? :rolleyes:
    Graham wrote: »
    Mod Note:

OP, in light of your recently closed "I've decided to stop paying rent" thread, this thread too is closed.

Do not start any more threads along the same subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Talk to Eddie Hobbs for buying properties within that price range, I hear that in Berlin and places are rising:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hello, so this summer gone I took out a 12 month fixed term lease in a house share, all was grand until a few months back I fell into financial difficulties and couldn't continue to pay rent, so I said look I can't afford it anymore, he didn't take that into consideration at all, I said I will have to vacate the premises as can't afford anymore, he then says he will track me down and bring me to court, well tracking me down homeless will not be easy

So any advice in this situation? Also I checked and the tenancy or any of them in the house are not on the PRTB list and on an off note few months back he refused to put his own name on the heating company bill and wanted one of the people in the house to, even though he is the owner, said we will all go without heating this winter

Jesus your post history is a couple of different levels of cringe.

At the end of the day, if your landlord has the money and the time, while you intend to earn money by working, he can always recover the money. You can't work without a home and you can't hide from the courts forever unless you want to take up the travelling life. Your wages can be garnished from your employer and any job move will end up with another court case and more money over to the landlord. The people who get away with not paying and playing the system have every intention of being bottom feeders for the rest of their lives, never working, moving constantly and fighting over scraps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note:

sorry folks, Liam650 won't be replying for a while so closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement