Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Posh" Dublin Hotel

Options
  • 18-09-2017 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Treating hubbie to a night away in the Dublin city for his birthday - Im looking online and have no real idea where to go. Id be willing to spend €300 for the night. Was hoping to find somewhere with a bit of luxury. Checked Merrion and Shelbourne and they are way out of my price range!!!!
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

go to booking.com put in the date and see what €300 gets you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Try the Westin on Westmoreland st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

snowflaker wrote: »
    go to booking.com put in the date and see what €300 gets you

Didnt think of that - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

The Westbury...as it is right off Grafton Street depending on your plans for the day/evening, handy for shopping, the green, a stroll, etc.

Powerscourt formerly "The Ritz Carlton" was our favourite to date. Shelbourne was the most expensive and biggest let down to date...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ms34

I've stayed in both the Westin and the Westbury and both are great. Personally I preferred the Westin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

What's the date? The Dylan is a nice one that's often overlooked. No pool or spa though

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

The Morrisson is fabulous, great location too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

The Intercontinental is very nice! We got a wedding gift for a few nights there. Has a pool, sauna etc. Has some great sea views on the upper floors too. On booking.com, rooms with free cancellation flexibility (crucial!) seem to be around the €300 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

The Dean on Harcourt Street have suites & penthouse rooms that may be within budget

Great restaurant & rooftop terrace too

http://deandublin.ie/rooms/penthouse/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

If you can wait till the actual day you can get great deals on hotels.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I wouldn't particularly call The Gibson hotel posh. It's nice and modern, but not posh. Stayed in a similarly styled hotel in Barcelona a few years back that was half the price and had a free mini-bar that was topped up daily :). Next time you're looking to spend that money, outside of Dublin, The Monart is 5 star spa with a Michelin recommended restaurant for €270 a night. It's really worth spending two nights though, to make the most of the spa treatments and to properly unwind. I'm just recently back from my third visit. I've yet to stay in a fancy hotel in Dublin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I wouldn't pay that much just for 4 walls and a bed, no matter how posh. Definitely look at staying somewhere with a Spa to get your money's worth.

With your budget you'll get 2 nights (midweek) at Seafield in Wexford, the hotel is decent enough, good bar/restaurant/breakfast, but the Spa is superb, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Try using the top secret hotel on lastminute.ie,

you dont find out the name of the hotel until after you book it, normally you can work it out from the description before hand, usually can save 40-50 of the cost of 4* and 5* hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If you can wait till the actual day you can get great deals on hotels.com.

Not in Dublin - most hotels are running near 100% capacity.

Create a list of hotels you like - then go to trivago.ie and see what best price comes up.

Fridays and Saturdays will be crazy prices.

Thursdays are probably best in that you get better prices but also the weekend atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Have a look at the penthouse suite in the Dean hotel on hardcourt street, superb spot

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

The Dylan is fabulous. Or the Intercontinental.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

it really depends on the date, some can be far better value on certain days than others...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Much better off having a list to choose from so you can take advantage of any deals on booking.com etc. Westbury, Dylan, Morrison best names mentioned here. Fitzwilliam and Conrad also worthy of looking at - top hotels in really good locations. Westin nice but wouldn't be crazy about location. Dean is an odd one - would be more boutique hotel rather than luxury. Merrion is the standout but price matches that usually. Gibson is nice, but a bit out of the way being down near the Point.

Pelvis wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay that much just for 4 walls and a bed, no matter how posh. Definitely look at staying somewhere with a Spa to get your money's worth.

With your budget you'll get 2 nights (midweek) at Seafield in Wexford, the hotel is decent enough, good bar/restaurant/breakfast, but the Spa is superb, well worth it.

cant get two nights away without kids unfortunately!!

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    it really depends on the date, some can be far better value on certain days than others...

Next weekend we have the grandparents booked so would think we need to book as soon as we can as location I think would be major factor. No point having to get a taxi into town from the hotel!

Im off to price all these hotels - thanks a mill

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    Have a look at the penthouse suite in the Dean hotel on hardcourt street, superb spot

Booked out for our date :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Redpunto wrote: »
    Booked out for our date :-(

Not a bad thing as the noise from Coppers is meant to be awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

The Burlington is constantly a good spot and centrally located.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Spencer Hotel is lovely and has nice spa facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Try hotwire.com - got a great rate on the intercontinental a few years ago. They are supposed to be secret hotels but it's not hard to work out what the hotel is in most cases

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

If using booking.com, dont forget to use the 75 Euro cashback offer over on bargain alerts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

The Marker hotel is meant to be world class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Buswells on Molesworth street always looks nice when I drive past. No idea what it is like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement