Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botox

Options
  • 18-09-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Anyone here have botox done recently? And if so who did you go to to get it done?

I've turned 30 and started to get bothered by deep wrinkles in my forehead. Just want to reduce them without looking frozen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Doctor 1618 on South Anne Street. I get it between my brows. I've had it about 3 or 4 times. Nobody has ever noticed any difference so I don't have that "frozen" look about me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Is there a specific person in there that does it for you SB_Part2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm mad to get it done, just my forehead and between the brows. As soon as I've a spare few hundred quid its first thing on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I'm mad to get it done, just my forehead and between the brows.

Same here. I have been putting the month away since before my 30th birthday so I have it ready.

Anyone ever visit Peter Prendergast in Venus medicine, my friend said he's the top guy to use but she didn't get any work done and she can't remember who told her he's great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

wendydoll wrote: »
    Is there a specific person in there that does it for you SB_Part2?

Dr Flynn used to do it but I think he only does fillers now. I can't remember the other guy's name that does it. All I remember is that he's not Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 praochta

Had it done in a Clinic called Prospect Clinic in phibsboro last December, jus had frown lines done, wanted crows feet done as well but doc recommended just do one area and see how I liked it, I loved it!!
    worked really well and wasn't too expensive, saving to have frown and crows feet done for xmas :)
    Good luck with it :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I had it done in last few week. Just wanted forehead done. Was told had to have between brows done to or it might sag? Is that true? Does anyone know?
    I got it done anyhow! Some difference even within a few days! Asked for there to be still movement didn't want people to notice!! So paranoid people will tho. Maybe cos I can notice such a different i don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 praochta

Apparently yes.....My friend was told u can do the lower forehead on its own, but have to do lower forehead too if u want to do upper forehead or it might cause a brow drop.......she looks great !

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Ya I'm glad I did cos it does look good! Was starting to get those 11 lines anyhow just wasn't bothered enough to get them done to! Glad I did now tho my makeup looks so good on! Can see why people get addicted to it tho! Good to know was true!! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

praochta wrote: »
    Had it done in a Clinic called Prospect Clinic in phibsboro last December, jus had frown lines done, wanted crows feet done as well but doc recommended just do one area and see how I liked it, I loved it!!
    worked really well and wasn't too expensive, saving to have frown and crows feet done for xmas :)
    Good luck with it :):):)

Hi! Sorry, I know this is an old thread - Praochta, are you still happy with the results from Prospect Medical Clinic for botox? I'm thinking of treating myself for my birthday, but I can't find many online reviews for them. They're very close-by though!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I'm saving up for this too. With the eyes is it just the crows feet that can be done? Is there anything that can be done for under eye bags/ lines?

Getting botox was the best thing I ever did for myself.
    The difference it has made to my face is unbelievable, I look so much fresher. My make up looks flawless and takes less effort.
    It has boosted my confidence no end - anyone with any interest should just do it.
    I wish I'd done it a year or two ago when I began to get paranoid.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Getting botox was the best thing I ever did for myself.
    The difference it has made to my face is unbelievable, I look so much fresher. My make up looks flawless and takes less effort.
    It has boosted my confidence no end - anyone with any interest should just do it.
    I wish I'd done it a year or two ago when I began to get paranoid.

I'm glad you are happy with your results! I'm 41 this year and although I usually feel like I look good for my age, I really feel like I've aged a lot over the last 12-18 months - it's the creases in my forehead that I'd like to erase!

Can I ask you how long the results generally last for you, and where you get yours done? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks! :)

cactusgal wrote: »
    I'm glad you are happy with your results! I'm 41 this year and although I usually feel like I look good for my age, I really feel like I've aged a lot over the last 12-18 months - it's the creases in my forehead that I'd like to erase!

Can I ask you how long the results generally last for you, and where you get yours done? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks! :)

It was the forehead area that I got done, too :)
    I'm only 27 and I have pretty good skin, no lines around the mouth or eyes etc, but I had a long deep line across my forehead that was not only unsightly, it made me look like I was permanently angry.
    I was really self conscious of it, and it was all I could see when I looked in the mirror!

So I got two areas done back in November.
    I got my forehead and brow area done. The reason for this is that when you get botox in your forehead, when the skin smooths out, it can push the brows down making you look like you're frowning.
    So the little bit in the brows helps push them back up to a neutral facial expression.

It took about 2 minutes in total, absolutely zero pain or recovery time. It took about 5 days for the full effects to be seen. It wasn't obvious, nobody noticed I even had it done.
    In regards to lasting ability I noticed it first starting wearing off in the middle of last month, and I'm booked in for another session next week.

So I got 5 months use out of it, and it will be done 6 months by the time I have my next appointment.
    They say the more times you get it done, the longer you get out of it - the girl who did mine reckons I should get an extra month out of it next time, which means I'll be able to go longer in between appointments.

It was worth every penny and hands down the best thing I've ever done for myself.
    I'm in Cork but the clinic I go to also has branches in Limerick and Killarney if that's of any use to you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

It was the forehead area that I got done, too :)
    I'm only 27 and I have pretty good skin, no lines around the mouth or eyes etc, but I had a long deep line across my forehead that was not only unsightly, it made me look like I was permanently angry.
    I was really self conscious of it, and it was all I could see when I looked in the mirror!

So I got two areas done back in November.
    I got my forehead and brow area done. The reason for this is that when you get botox in your forehead, when the skin smooths out, it can push the brows down making you look like you're frowning.
    So the little bit in the brows helps push them back up to a neutral facial expression.

It took about 2 minutes in total, absolutely zero pain or recovery time. It took about 5 days for the full effects to be seen. It wasn't obvious, nobody noticed I even had it done.
    In regards to lasting ability I noticed it first starting wearing off in the middle of last month, and I'm booked in for another session next week.

So I got 5 months use out of it, and it will be done 6 months by the time I have my next appointment.
    They say the more times you get it done, the longer you get out of it - the girl who did mine reckons I should get an extra month out of it next time, which means I'll be able to go longer in between appointments.

It was worth every penny and hands down the best thing I've ever done for myself.
    I'm in Cork but the clinic I go to also has branches in Limerick and Killarney if that's of any use to you! :)

Where in Cork Susie (the street will do as not sure if you're allowed to mention names)?

Colser wrote: »
    Where in Cork Susie (the street will do as not sure if you're allowed to mention names)?

Eden Medical Clinic - would highly recommend them. All their staff are highly qualified in the medical field (pretty sure they're all doctors) and the place was spotless. Very reasonably priced too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TK1

I second botox, got it done last year and cant wait to get it done again, Dublin clinic, didn't get forehead done, just the side of eyes and frown line in middle of forehead, a couple people said I looked very well, but my closest friends didn't guess until I told them, I swore id get it only done once a year so wont become addicted, so got it done last July, so getting it done in June. Cant wait. Loved the results. I don't think its too expensive, I would have easily wasted that amount of money on face creams over the years. Im 46.

TK1 wrote: »
    I second botox, got it done last year and cant wait to get it done again, Dublin clinic, didn't get forehead done, just the side of eyes and frown line in middle of forehead, a couple people said I looked very well, but my closest friends didn't guess until I told them, I swore id get it only done once a year so wont become addicted, so got it done last July, so getting it done in June. Cant wait. Loved the results. I don't think its too expensive, I would have easily wasted that amount of money on face creams over the years. Im 46.

Thanks! Can I ask which Dublin clinic you went to? Feel free to PM me. Thanks! Glad you are happy with the results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Sorry to restart an old thread.
    I have an eye condition (my eyes don't blink correctly) and my GP said botox would resolve this.  Has anyone any experience using botox for non cosmetic reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Has anyone had botox for nose to mouth lines? My forhead is the one place im not worried about and ive no crows feet (yet). Wondering if botox can be used on other parts of the face?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TK1

Hi airyfairy, you wouldn't get botox for that part of your face, you would need fillers. Ive no experience in them but my friend gets them as her face is very thin, she looks great. They last longer than botox as well, 18 to 24 months. Ju

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Cousin of my husband gets regular BOTOX for shake in shoulder. And a son of A friend gets very regular BOTOX for problems with spina diffida.

Cousin of my husband gets regular BOTOX for shake in shoulder. And a son of A friend gets very regular BOTOX for problems with spina diffida.
    Thanks so much for replying.  Do you know where they get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

The man with shoulder shake (related to Parkinsons) gets it done in the Whitfield just outside of Waterford. Like the Botox for face, it lasts
    approx 3 months.
    The lad with spinabifida has been in a lot of hospitals....all public, the likes of Beaumont, etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ste551 wrote: »
    Sorry to restart an old thread.
    I have an eye condition (my eyes don't blink correctly) and my GP said botox would resolve this.  Has anyone any experience using botox for non cosmetic reasons?

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1012
    You might get a better response in this forum if it's a specific eye issue. Otherwise I would contact your GP and get a refferal/recommendation since they suggested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 byrdamus

Can I ask where in Cork (name of clinic) you got this done SusieBlue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 byrdamus

And Now I see the answer! DOH!!! I should have checked page 2 first. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I get it done in upper face and around/under mouth to lift jowls and reduce smile lines. The guy I go to is in London and is one of the only practitioners to use it in lower face. Although he also does fillers he advised against them as he thinks on my particular face shape they may be very obvious. I'm 42 and have been getting it done twice yearly since 38. I love the overall lift and freshness it gives me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement