Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you apply for Masters courses with a H-dip conversion course

Options
  • 18-09-2017 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I have a background in law but want to switch to computer science. I've been looking at the higher diploma in computer science in WIT (if anyone has experience with this course then please tell me all about it).

The course seems perfect for me but I am concerned about the quality of the qualification and the course content, ie what I will actually learn. I'm wondering if this level 8 H-dip will be enough for me to apply to full masters courses later on down the road. If it does then I will be guaranteed the education I need one way or the other.

So does this qualify me for masters courses?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think it does depend on the course you plan to apply to. I did a H.Dip in Social Policy in order to convert my degree into a social science one for the purposes of getting on the a specific Masters. I don't know how helpful it is for other subjects though. You could check the requirements of a few likely masters courses that you'd be interested in and see if it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kkCool

And did that h-dip work out for you?

Advertisement