Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone gotten revenge on an ex before?

• 18-09-2017 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Would love to hear if anyone attempted revenge or had karma pay back an ex for cheating or treating you unfairly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

ladybugxx wrote: »
    Would love to hear if anyone attempted revenge or had karma pay back an ex for cheating or treating you unfairly?

the best revenge is moving on and not letting them have any hold over you.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Move on and get a life, would better than any "revenge". I don't get people like you at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Yep. Got her pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Tried to...doesn't work.

Exposed her cheating to her whole family. In hindsight I'd have been better just forgetting about her and moving on, it only meant I was still hung up on her enough to want to hurt her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@ladybugxx - can you please explain how this is a personal issue for you?

dudara

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »

dudara
    y

Oops. Thought this was After hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ladybugxx

dudara

It is a personal issue as its what im dealing with at the moment. Seemed to make sense to put it in this category. Its also personal for whoever posts their story too on the thread. Im new on posting this seemed like the best place to put it.

SSr0 wrote: »
    Move on and get a life, would better than any "revenge". I don't get people like you at all.

Im sure if somebody treated you unfairly and went out of there way to hurt you you'd want to get back at them. I don't see no harm in talking about it and sharing stories do you? I haven't the heart to do anything drastic to him I leave it up to karma.

This isn't a forum for sharing stories. It's a forum for people to offer advice. But in order for them to give good helpful advice, they first have to know a little more about your issue and why you want their assistance.

This isn't a forum for sharing stories. It's a forum for people to offer advice. But in order for them to give good helpful advice, they first have to know a little more about your issue and why you want their assistance.

So which category would it be best suited in?

• Advertisement

If you just want to hear stories, then I can move this post to After Hours. If you actually want help and advice, I can leave it here.

If you just want to hear stories, then I can move this post to After Hours. If you actually want help and advice, I can leave it here.

Can you move it to after hours? Thanks :)

Moved to After Hours at the request of the OP. Please note that the AH charter now applies

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Write her/his mobile number on the back of the jacks door in Coppers with the message "Ring for filthy sex".

That'll teach em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

No, life is too short.
    It is a personal issue as its what im dealing with at the moment. Seemed to make sense to put it in this category. Its also personal for whoever posts their story too on the thread. Im new on posting this seemed like the best place to put it.

You have not read After Hours much have you. Or maybe you have.

hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Donal55 wrote: »
    y

Oops. Thought this was After hours!!

Wait. Where did this thread start then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

I'm bringing up our son to be a man, a person my ex himself can only ever dream to be:)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Moved to After Hours at the request of the OP. Please note that the AH charter now applies

dudara
    In your own time, gentlemen.

:D

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    No, life is too short.

You have not read After Hours much have you. Or maybe you have.

hmmmmmm.

No sorry only on boards a few days this was in the relationship issues thread first lol so many threads I didn't think to post it in here first lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Put an ad on donedeal for anything popular at roughly 80% market value

(Adverts would be too much!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

dudara

Welcome to the dark side

Put an ad on donedeal for anything popular at roughly 80% market value

(Adverts would be too much!)

Swap for my Asics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

whats the odds on anyone on AH ever having a partner, let alone an ex... unless they escaped...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nope. Not my style. Dust off and move on. Also the people who think they're rising above it but are still posting passive aggressive sh|t on Facebook are just as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

snowflaker wrote: »
    whats the odds on anyone on AH ever having a partner, let alone an ex... unless they escaped...

Mine never escape, my basement is like a maze

I really wanted to say what I done to my ex but its far too long you all will prob think im crazy and will judge me so now im scared lol

I really wanted to say what I done to my ex but its far too long you all will prob think im crazy and will judge me so now im scared lol

Ah go on.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

jamesbere wrote: »
    Mine never escape, my basement is like a maze

I send them out to work on their sculpted bodies in the yard -then spay them down with the hose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Not an ex but the best revenge story ever. Its worth the 5 minutes. https://youtu.be/3v0ICiRz7rk

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Ah go on.........

Okay here goes
    I'll start with my story. I met mine when I was only 15 we went out for a while until he dumped me for someone else he randomly stopped answering my texts for about a week then I get a text off him saying he wanted to break up. I was annoyed and hurt that he acted this way. A few days later I see his new girl posting on his bebo profile and she was his other half. So I went around telling everyone he just uses girls. Turns out that girl cheated on him and nobody would go near him after as he just "uses girls" lol sucker.

2 years later we end up back together he tells me to this day girls still think he is just a user. I told him that's what he got for dumping me so badly like that. He agreed weirdly. We ended up seeing each other for a year and I was totally in love with him. He left me for someone else again leaving me devastated and turning quite mean and cold about it. The girl gave him the run around and left him for someone else. Apparently hurt him and put him through the ringer like he did to me twice. No sympathy. He got what he dished out to me twice now. Somehow in my heart I feel bad as I loved him with all my heart but my head knows he deserves it.

We ended up back together a year later I know at this stage I'm well aware of what could happen again I was just drawn to this guy I couldn't stop myself. I craved and loved him like no other. Things were going great for a few months happy and I thought he would change as this the 3rd time being back together. He broke up with me at Christmas ruined my entire christmas worst part I was pregnant. Fed me the I dont want to be in a relationship bs but wanted to stay close. Well not a peep do I hear from him I find out he got with surprise another poxy girl and was his "new girlfriend" after telling me he didn't want to be with anyone! I broke down got so depressed and sick and lost our baby at 13 weeks his response was "well I don't believe you I can't deal with this now **** off!" and carried seeing that girl I was floored. Never in my life did I feel more worthless than I did at that point I was numb.

I remember texting him telling him I was in pain and his response was just take a painkiller! So he told that girl he was seeing that I had a miscarriage and she couldn't handle that I texted him arguing about it most days and she dumped him. She wasn't gonna deal with all the baggage. So he treated me like **** didn't care I lost his kid and was left on his own. ****er deserves it. Not once did he ring me or see how I was doing. Didn't ask about it or anything. Whenever I'd text him it would turn into a huge argument over him being so cruel and he just wouldn't care.

6 months later I hear from him he is sorry. He tells me he is so stupid he didn't realise what he had that me and the baby should of been his first priority and that he was a idiot for hurting me. He says he didn't know how to react. I listened I tried to understand I was still hurt and annoyed over everything but slowly each day he would text seeing how I am seeing if I am okay trying to be as caring as possible I fell for it and forgave him. Things were good for a while. He was kinder and more caring than he ever was. We ended up being intimate for a while. On and off I told him any more girls and I am gone that he can't have both after all I been through already. We lasted on and off like this for 3 years I never once looked at a different guy I sacrificed my self to him and only ever wanted him.

He ends up getting a job making less time and not bothering to even text me. So I argue and argue at him. He says he will try and he doesn't. I cry again. He ends up secretly chatting to some girl on a dating site and was secretly planning all these dates with her yet didn't bother even texting me while he was working! I said **** that he is not getting away with this again. I got his car advert that he had up for sale taken down I commented on it that he was a dirty sex addict that has multiple girls in the backseat and he treated his ex like **** when she was preg. I also contacted his family to tell them what he put me through for years. His exes have told me he treated them bad and would meet up with girls off msn while he was supposed to be in a relationship. typical. TheAnd now he is on dialysis as he has kidney failure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No sorry only on boards a few days this was in the relationship issues thread first lol so many threads I didn't think to post it in here first lol
    Yay a newb! :D Welcome. Just slide into the muddy embrace of After Hours where you will get serious replies and pisstakes in equal measure. Return fire in the same vein and you'll be grand.

428223.gif

As for your question? The best revenge is a life well led. With exes this goes double. If you feel wronged anyway. I take it this is a recent emotional kick in the man/woman goolies? That you want to see them miserable without you/boiled in oil and then bitten by fire ants is natural. And can be fun for a time as I think we all need to wallow in feeling crappy. In the medium term get out more, rediscover being free and single. Mostly flirting and shagging and drink and then post drink "oh god I don't wanna text the ex". Dead right you don't. But you probably will. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Nah I couldn't be bothered to be honest. I don't get that kind of mentality...and I'm a firm believer in karma. I think it's an awful waste of energy spent when it could be put to better use - like holding your head up high, moving on and thanking your lucky stars you got out when you did.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Okay here goes
    I'll start with my story...
    Jaysus, that's a backstory alright. :eek: But the same advice applies. And in my experience(old guy here) the more convoluted the story, the more of a disaster it tends to be. We do get the whole Hollywood BS about love and relationships and part of that is drama = good. It really doesn't. Being in love should be bloody amazing. It has been when I was(though my IQ dropped 30 points and I can't afford that kinda loss). Being in a loving mutually beneficial relationship has much less drama and more support and contentment. Actually that's a good yardstick to judge: is the drama more than the support and contentment? If so that's a bad equation. Life is too short.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ah op, that's sad.
    It sounds like hard work too, if I'm honest. Relationships are meant to be a bit of craic like and that just sounds head wrecking.
    You were good to forgive him the first time, you're a better person than he is.
    Look after yourself!

Wibbs wrote: »
    Jaysus, that's a backstory alright. :eek: But the same advice applies. And in my experience(old guy here) the more convoluted the story, the more of a disaster it tends to be. We do get the whole Hollywood BS about love and relationships and part of that is drama = good. It really doesn't. Being in love should be bloody amazing. It has been when I was(though my IQ dropped 30 points and I can't afford that kinda loss). Being in a loving mutually beneficial relationship has much less drama and more support and contentment. Actually that's a good yardstick to judge: is the drama more than the support and contentment? If so that's a bad equation. Life is too short.

Lol your reply made me laugh out loud :):) you are right though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

The best revenge really is living well.

It's an old cliché but the opposite to love isn't hate - it's indifference...once you get there and what your ex says or does makes no odds to you, you'll be at peace, happy and have your revenge. Anything else is just giving attention and ego stroking - and who wants to give a cheating ex that kind of a boost?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Bebo? Msn? Did you initially start writing that in 2007?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Okay here goes
    I'll start with my story. I met mine when I was only 15 we went out for a while until he dumped me for someone else he randomly stopped answering my texts for about a week then I get a text off him saying he wanted to break up. I was annoyed and hurt that he acted this way. A few days later I see his new girl posting on his bebo profile and she was his other half. So I went around telling everyone he just uses girls. Turns out that girl cheated on him and nobody would go near him after as he just "uses girls" lol sucker.

2 years later we end up back together he tells me to this day girls still think he is just a user. I told him that's what he got for dumping me so badly like that. He agreed weirdly. We ended up seeing each other for a year and I was totally in love with him. He left me for someone else again leaving me devastated and turning quite mean and cold about it. The girl gave him the run around and left him for someone else. Apparently hurt him and put him through the ringer like he did to me twice. No sympathy. He got what he dished out to me twice now. Somehow in my heart I feel bad as I loved him with all my heart but my head knows he deserves it.

We ended up back together a year later I know at this stage I'm well aware of what could happen again I was just drawn to this guy I couldn't stop myself. I craved and loved him like no other. Things were going great for a few months happy and I thought he would change as this the 3rd time being back together. He broke up with me at Christmas ruined my entire christmas worst part I was pregnant. Fed me the I dont want to be in a relationship bs but wanted to stay close. Well not a peep do I hear from him I find out he got with surprise another poxy girl and was his "new girlfriend" after telling me he didn't want to be with anyone! I broke down got so depressed and sick and lost our baby at 13 weeks his response was "well I don't believe you I can't deal with this now **** off!" and carried seeing that girl I was floored. Never in my life did I feel more worthless than I did at that point I was numb.

I remember texting him telling him I was in pain and his response was just take a painkiller! So he told that girl he was seeing that I had a miscarriage and she couldn't handle that I texted him arguing about it most days and she dumped him. She wasn't gonna deal with all the baggage. So he treated me like **** didn't care I lost his kid and was left on his own. ****er deserves it. Not once did he ring me or see how I was doing. Didn't ask about it or anything. Whenever I'd text him it would turn into a huge argument over him being so cruel and he just wouldn't care.

6 months later I hear from him he is sorry. He tells me he is so stupid he didn't realise what he had that me and the baby should of been his first priority and that he was a idiot for hurting me. He says he didn't know how to react. I listened I tried to understand I was still hurt and annoyed over everything but slowly each day he would text seeing how I am seeing if I am okay trying to be as caring as possible I fell for it and forgave him. Things were good for a while. He was kinder and more caring than he ever was. We ended up being intimate for a while. On and off I told him any more girls and I am gone that he can't have both after all I been through already. We lasted on and off like this for 3 years I never once looked at a different guy I sacrificed my self to him and only ever wanted him.

He ends up getting a job making less time and not bothering to even text me. So I argue and argue at him. He says he will try and he doesn't. I cry again. He ends up secretly chatting to some girl on a dating site and was secretly planning all these dates with her yet didn't bother even texting me while he was working! I said **** that he is not getting away with this again. I got his car advert that he had up for sale taken down I commented on it that he was a dirty sex addict that has multiple girls in the backseat and he treated his ex like **** when she was preg. I also contacted his family to tell them what he put me through for years. His exes have told me he treated them bad and would meet up with girls off msn while he was supposed to be in a relationship. typical. TheAnd now he is on dialysis as he has kidney failure.

Well, there's no doubt that you have been on a rollercoaster ride of an on/off relationship with this guy. He sounds like an immature so-and-so. I hope for your own sake you're rid of him now.
    I must admit I had to laugh at what you did, did you feel better for it?
    If I were you I'd cease all contact with him now and in the future. You've gotten over him before and lived your life fine without him so.....you don't need him!
    I'm really sorry that you lost your baby.
    His health problems now....I'm a firm believer in things coming back to bite ya on the @ss in some form or other. It could also be a coincidence but either way, it's sh!tty for him.
    Mind yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The worst are the ones who go all the time, to anybody, about how completely over their ex they are. I mean, completely, like they never even think about them or anything. So happy to be out of that relationship, and able to get on with their life. Never wonder what they're doing, never check their social media profiles. Nothing. Oh yeah, completely over them, never felt better.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Bebo? Msn? Did you initially start writing that in 2007?

Lol he was in my life since bebo msn days seems like such a long time ago

• Advertisement

Lol he was in my life since bebo msn days seems like such a long time ago
    And there's me thinking I was old... In fairness my first social media experience was on a pocket calculator where I spelled out Hello to classmates by entering 07734. I bet you just turned your pad/phone/laptop upside down to check. If you did that with a desktop, either you're into yoga, or you've the strength of a bull. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

OP apparently at 15 dates the guy for a short while, he calls it off to see another girl, and the new girl cheats on him. OP then goes around bad-mouthing him and spreading rumours because he dumped her.

At this point, the story shifts to 17 where the guy apparently laments girls think he's simply a user due to OP going around calling him names. :rolleyes: Story shifts to 18, the guy breaks up with OP again. Story moves to 19, after another reconciliation where OP gets pregnant, guy breaks up with OP again.

Story shifts to 20 and for the next 3 years there's an on-off argumentative relationship. Apparently we're at 23 now and the guy leaves OP for the fourth time and his kidneys are failing him, so the OP decides to involve his family and try get revenge by trying to slander him.

If all of the above is genuine (which I highly doubt), then a few pieces of advice:

Get a grip!! You were with him a few months at FIFTEEN by your own account, so bloody what if at 15 he dumps you to see another girl?? So what if he decides on a clean break and doesn't text you? Sweet Jesus. It doesn't give you the right to go around calling him names just because he doesn't want to be with you.

Toxic stuff. Way too young for all that. If the above story is genuine you sound like a complete drama queen who responds to being dumped by trying to get your own back instead of moving on.

Here's some advice: Grow up. Delete his number. Enjoy life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What exactly did you do to his kidney hun?

OP apparently at 15 dates the guy for a short while, he calls it off to see another girl, and the new girl cheats on him. OP then goes around bad-mouthing him and spreading rumours because he dumped her.

At this point, the story shifts to 17 where the guy apparently laments girls think he's simply a user due to OP going around calling him names. :rolleyes: Story shifts to 18, the guy breaks up with OP again. Story moves to 19, after another reconciliation where OP gets pregnant, guy breaks up with OP again.

Story shifts to 20 and for the next 3 years there's an on-off argumentative relationship. Apparently we're at 23 now and the guy leaves OP for the fourth time and his kidneys are failing him, so the OP decides to involve his family and try get revenge by trying to slander him.

If all of the above is genuine (which I highly doubt), then a few pieces of advice:

Get a grip!! You were with him a few months at FIFTEEN by your own account, so bloody what if at 15 he dumps you to see another girl?? So what if he decides on a clean break and doesn't text you? Sweet Jesus. It doesn't give you the right to go around calling him names just because he doesn't want to be with you.

Toxic stuff. Way too young for all that. If the above story is genuine you sound like a complete drama queen who responds to being dumped by trying to get your own back instead of moving on.

Here's some advice: Grow up. Delete his number. Enjoy life.

He didn't care about his own child. He left me to cope with that alone for 6 months told me to **** off . Every time those girls hurt him He comes running back to me saying how amazing and kind I was compared to all them. He played games he said some hurtful things accused the child of not even being his when he knew quite well it was. Always loved him treated him with respect those girls did not yet to this day he still doesnt know why he treated me that way. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen him at all but karma seemed to get him those times he broke my heart. I think dealing with that im entitled to be a bit of a drama queen

Also lied about every one of those girls its not about being dumped its about being lied to and disrespected after being through so much with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Best revenge?

A good life well lived......

Apparently my ex-wife fumes at the idea I've found a deep and abiding happiness with someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Wouldn't want anything bad to happen him at all but karma seemed to get him those times he broke my heart.

Listen, people aren't due "bad karma" for breaking up with someone. He didn't want to be with you so he ended it with you. The fact he repeatedly went back to you when it suited him is your own problem.

Move on and chill out with the revenge stuff. He's allowed to break up with you and ignore you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

The best revenge is always to reply "who's this?" To text, then never respond again.

Listen, people aren't due "bad karma" for breaking up with someone. He didn't want to be with you so he ended it with you. The fact he repeatedly went back to you when it suited him is your own problem.

Move on and chill out with the revenge stuff. He's allowed to break up with you and ignore you.

People are due bad karma when you hurt or treat someone badly. He was mostly selfish and about himself didn't care who he hurt. He done this to me for years so I had enough of being treated like a doormat and wasn't having it. Say or think what you want he caused nothing but upset and always regretted those other girls yet couldn't stop himself. I know he isn't worth wasting energy on now and have nothing to do with him.

I presume the best revenge is to poison them slowly over months until their hair and teeth fall out (thallium might be best), everyone feels a bit repulsed by them, and they die alone.

But then again, as I started going out with my now wife 26 years ago, when we were 17 so my list of exes is pretty thin, oh and I like gothic horror, my advice might not be ideal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

• Advertisement
Advertisement