Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone gotten revenge on an ex before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

If someone treated you badly and you took them back it would be a mistake but if he treated you badly multiple times and you repeatedly took him back you would have to share some responsibility in your problem.

And while it is hard to feel good about someone who treats you badly, nobody ever treated me so badly that I would take pleasure in them having kidney failure. In fact if I did I would think it would make me a nasty person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Taking active revenge is undignified and shows that they still affect you. I have to admit though, I'm not above feeling satisfaction at running into an ex whilst looking good. But that's passive and is just a symptom of living well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You need to take some responsibility too, you both sound as toxic as each other to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ladybugxx

If someone treated you badly and you took them back it would be a mistake but if he treated you badly multiple times and you repeatedly took him back you would have to share some responsibility in your problem.

And while it is hard to feel good about someone who treats you badly, nobody ever treated me so badly that I would take pleasure in them having kidney failure. In fact if I did I would think it would make me a nasty person.

Jesus I don't have pleasure in him having kidney failure I mentioned that because last I know he was on dialysis. When I found out I offered to be his doner as I didn't want anything to happen him. I loved the chap yet I was angry at him and I think he deserves misfortune in the love life but that's as far as it goes.

You need to take some responsibility too, you both sound as toxic as each other to be honest

Yeah im not proud of acting out but when someone you love hurts you I just saw red love makes you do stupid things

ladybugxx wrote: »
    He didn't care about his own child. He left me to cope with that alone for 6 months told me to **** off . Every time those girls hurt him He comes running back to me saying how amazing and kind I was compared to all them. He played games he said some hurtful things accused the child of not even being his when he knew quite well it was. Always loved him treated him with respect those girls did not yet to this day he still doesnt know why he treated me that way. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen him at all but karma seemed to get him those times he broke my heart. I think dealing with that im entitled to be a bit of a drama queen

Also lied about every one of those girls its not about being dumped its about being lied to and disrespected after being through so much with each other.

Well, he's responsible for his own actions, and maybe he hasn't behaved well or made the right decisions all the time, but you started out at fifteen. Fifteen.

You're also responsible for your own actions and you chose to take him back repeatedly and expected a different outcome. You weren't powerless, you made decisions too.

Some people have drama foisted on them, some people invite it in. Petty revenge or moving on with your life with your dignity intact, it's up to you who you want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

And now he is on dialysis as he has kidney failure.

Do we have the same ex??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Jesus I don't have pleasure in him having kidney failure I mentioned that because last I know he was on dialysis. When I found out I offered to be his doner as I didn't want anything to happen him. I loved the chap yet I was angry at him and I think he deserves misfortune in the love life but that's as far as it goes.

Sounds like you still love him, hun.

You should give him another chance, if he'll have u bak.

🍀 For luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Yeah im not proud of acting out but when someone you love hurts you I just saw red love makes you do stupid things

By your own account you were 15 and only with him a couple of months when he first "dumped you" and you went around calling him a user. I'd hardly quantify a handful of weeks together at 15 as a real relationship anyway but moving on...

That's mental behaviour at any age to go around name-calling someone for dumping you after 2 months together.

There's no other way of saying this but you were in "psycho ex" territory from almost day 1 and seemingly nothing changed on either side. You need to wish him well and move on. If your story is accurate you're what 23 going on 24 now? You're still too young for this nonsense.

Chill out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

This is why the hot/crazy axis was created

Do we have the same ex??!

Lol what's his name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'll start with my story:

I met mine when I was only 15 we went out for a while until he dumped me for someone else...
    2 years later we end up back together..He left me for someone else...
    We ended up back together a year later..He broke up with me at Christmas...<<Christmas ruined/pregnancy jeremiad etc.>>...
    6 months later We ended up being intimate for a while...He ends up...on a dating site etc...
    now kidneys failing.

ah heor, are you sure you're not being deliberately fcuked around?
    will you FFS forget about this fcuker and just put him out of your life.

you could offer to donate a kidney for him and just has they're about to put you under say, "na f3ck it, changed my mind", stitch him back up"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Giiirl keep yo kidneys for yoself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

anna080 wrote: »
    Giiirl keep yo kidneys for yoself

in fairness, she's already given freely of her heart and her box, why not a kidney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fifty six posts and not one funny revenge story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Would never take revenge on someone but I believe in karma. I loaned my partner at the time money for a laptop, we broke up shortly after and he dragged out paying me back for months and months, basically being an complete asshole. When we lived together one thing we use to argue about was him leaving the door unlocked all the time, he said because we lived at the end of a cul de sac in a quiet estate we didn't need to lock the front door.

Finally he paid the loan back after about 8 months and a few days later I heard from his friend that someone came into the house (through the unlocked door), stole the laptop and broke his nose in a scuffle where he tried to stop them running out the door with it.

Guess he should have locked the front door....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

Best revenge would be to marry him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Yep, I got myself a fine bitch and became a master Sheep Herder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

You will only hear stories of women getting revenge on men... Reason being>>>> 'some' women are so madly deeply in love with themselves that even the thought of a man leaving them, would send her into total emotional turmoil, how is it even possible that he would leave such a beautiful specimen of a woman!?!? LMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Oops!

He didn't care about his own child. He left me to cope with that alone for 6 months told me to **** off . Every time those girls hurt him He comes running back to me saying how amazing and kind I was compared to all them. He played games he said some hurtful things accused the child of not even being his when he knew quite well it was. Always loved him treated him with respect those girls did not yet to this day he still doesnt know why he treated me that way. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen him at all but karma seemed to get him those times he broke my heart. I think dealing with that im entitled to be a bit of a drama queen

Also lied about every one of those girls its not about being dumped its about being lied to and disrespected after being through so much with each other.

Sounds to me like this person loved the attention they got from the opposite sex to boost their massive ego... But were cute enough to back to the old reliable when their weak immature side needed it... Been there.... Your head hates them for what they did, but your heart still loves them.... Hardest thing you'll ever do is to stop thinking about them... But you have to for your own sake and you will with time.... He sounds the the male version of my ex-girlfriend of many years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

PhoneMain wrote: »
    the best revenge is moving on and not letting them have any hold over you.

This, this, this!

Whether it's a relationship, business, family or in any walk of life do NOT leave yourself in a position where your opposite maintains any control.

A: They will take advantage of you when you are under their thumb B: You will suffer for it C: It's not worth it, move on - they will be the one's to get the rejection.

Never get hung up on someone, it's unhealthy emotionally and can lead to physical illness too (lack of sleep, inertia, depression...name it)

You need to look after yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

People need to seriously bore off with the best revenge is moving on line.

Go to a tackle shop, buy a large bag of maggots. Post them through your former significant others letter box. They'll all mainly hide under floorboards/ carpets out of sight but then hatch into thousands of flies a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

When I broke up with my ex, I left the house for a few days to give her some space to deal with it. I went back one morning at a pre arranged time to find her "revenge". She had packed up all my stuff into bags, and had left a little pile of every photo of us together, with me cut out. Never got around to thanking her - she'd saved me a job, and left me a nice pile of photos of myself.

She did give away my new bike too though. The bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Or the old oyster shells hidden in the curtains rails trick. Or a fish under the seat springs in his car.

Seriously though, I read through all this and wondered why the hell you kept taking this idiot back. There's not a shred of personal responsibility going on here. It's like someone who keeps sticking their finger in the fire and getting burned. Then wanting to get revenge on the fire for burning them. In the nicest possible way, grow up. Get over yourself. Get a puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Or the old oyster shells hidden in the curtains rails trick.

Please explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Or the old oyster shells hidden in the curtains rails trick. Or a fish under the seat springs in his car.

Gazza (Paul Gascgoine) special that one! The key to it is to leave one fish that's hidden but fairly easy to locate so that the person believes they have found the source of the smell and got rid of it, while the second fish continues to stink the place out.

On a serious note, the OP needs to get over herself. The alarm bell part of the story was when she was first dumped at 15 and went stage-5-clinger on him telling anyone who'd listen he was a user because he had the nerve to finish with her after 2 months together.

I'm visualizing a lot of drama-queen FB statuses every time she was dumped.

Sorry. Bebo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Would love to hear if anyone attempted revenge or had karma pay back an ex for cheating or treating you unfairly?

Played slap-a-bap with her 2 best mates (not at the same time)!

Gazza (Paul Gascgoine) special that one! The key to it is to leave one fish that's hidden but fairly easy to locate so that the person believes they have found the source of the smell and got rid of it, while the second fish continues to stink the place out.

On a serious note, the OP needs to get over herself. The alarm bell part of the story was when she was first dumped at 15 and went stage-5-clinger on him telling anyone who'd listen he was a user because he had the nerve to finish with her after 2 months together.

Sorry. Bebo.

Do you even know what a stage 5 clinger is? I explained its not about being dumped just lack of respect. Before I got with him I was told by many that he was a user. Its the way he went about it which was very immature. Why dont you get over yourself. You've obviously not been put in a position where you were broken hearted and fed every lie under the sun.

Seriously though, I read through all this and wondered why the hell you kept taking this idiot back. There's not a shred of personal responsibility going on here. It's like someone who keeps sticking their finger in the fire and getting burned. Then wanting to get revenge on the fire for burning them. In the nicest possible way, grow up. Get over yourself. Get a puppy.
    Guess I was too young and wanted to believe him when he said he changed. People dont change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I get how this kinda pattern can establish itself in someone, especially when it starts very young and with a "first love". It becomes your sole experience of relationships so everything that goes on appears to be "normal", because you don't know any different. It becomes your template for relationships. Even when you know it's not actually normal.

Now there's nothing you can do about how another person acts and feels, but you can change how you act and feel. It's not easy, but it's doable. Otherwise you'll act out the same thing in every relationship that follows and will likely seek out men who act exactly the same way as your ex, because this is "normal" to you. The number of people I've seen do this is unreal and if they don't catch themselves doing it keep doing it right up until the marry the type. And then the fun begins...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Do you even know what a stage 5 clinger is? I explained its not about being dumped just lack of respect. Before I got with him I was told by many that he was a user. Its the way he went about it which was very immature. Why dont you get over yourself. You've obviously not been put in a position where you were broken hearted and fed every lie under the sun.

Seriously, he was an immature 15yr old boy? Shock and amazement.
    You are not coming across good at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Guess I was too young and wanted to believe him when he said he changed. People dont change.

You better believe it!

Very few people have capacity to change.
    Only "What they want" changes, their methods to achieve what they want never changes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

grahambo wrote: »
    You better believe it!

Very few people have capacity to change.
    Only "What they want" changes, their methods to achieve what they want never changes.
    Goes double for relationships. People don't like change, even if it's healthy change. People would rather be proven right in their worldview than be happy. So they're only attracted to those people who won't force change in them. Rinse and repeat. Like the guy who only ever ends up with "bitches". He's preselecting exactly the type of woman who will act like that and/or acts in subconscious and practiced ways to make sure she does.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

.And now he is on dialysis as he has kidney failure.

I'm sure it speaks volumes about me that I burst out laughing when I got this far:D

Not that he has kidney failure mind, but that the line is just tacked on the end in a "and now he has kidney failure" kind of way - like that's what you get.

I'm going to shoe horn that into a story to my missus tonight. I'll tell her some mundane shít that happened in work and end it with "and now he has kidney failure!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Sorry. Bebo.

You've been bashing her for three pages, after she's dropped the issue with you, so someone who obviously can't let go of an argument (after the other person has) on the internet might struggle to say goodbye to the love of their life. Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ok hun xx?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Why would anybody want to get revenge on someone that you have chosen to spend a portion of your life with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That's not true. People can and do change - they just won't do it for other people.

People will only change for themselves, sometimes it benefits those close to them, sometimes it doesn't.

They may well tell you they are doing it for you, or for their kids or for some other altruistic reason - but trust me, it's for themselves. Any benefits that befall others are entirely coincidental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I had a messy break-up with my first girlfriend YEARS ago after she asked to get back together and I said no. She went on a rampage through my groups of friends in an effort to get back at me, felt like every day I heard about her texting or going on a date with some lad I'd considered a mate, it was pretty crap at the time tbh. She ended up going out with one school friend I'd have been close with.

A few years later and I'm over it, have new friends and I'm off on a weekend away with another girl I'm seeing. Walk to the local bus stop to head into town and I see her and the bloke are the only two other people standing there. The girl I'm seeing at the time fortunately calls for a chat so I give them a polite wave and chat on the phone, trying to keep her talking as long as possible until the bus arrives while being unable to outright say what's going on, and eventually she has to go so I'm stuck with them and have to do fake, polite small talk with the bloke. She's staring at me silently this entire time giving me a face of thunder. I am not on her Christmas card list.

"So what are you up to?"
    "I'm heading away for the weekend, what about yourselves?"
    "Ahh...going to a jobs fair...things took a turn with the recession..."

At this stage, I genuinely feel bad for the guy as he starts pouring his heart out to me. You all know the story he said, half of Ireland was singing the same song during those years. The bus finally arrives and we get on. She gets on first and pays, I get on after and pay as I'm still chatting with him, then he gets on and we notice he's stopping. He's frantically searching through his pockets. The lad doesn't have spare change for the bus. She starts rummaging through her bag for change, I've my wallet in my hand and go for change, he waves me away and she yells "DON'T PAY FOR HIM!" (first thing out of her mouth since she saw me). I just do anyway to end the awkwardness because I'm dying inside. He mumbles a thank you, they sit downstairs and I just run upstairs to end the cringefest. I think we were all okay with that. I didn't even want revenge or want to 'win', especially by the end

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm not one for grudges, so never really let the idea of revenge or what I'd do fester much. But this lad however...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1232716/Man-invites-cheating-fianc-e-fake-holiday-DUMPS-her.html

Apologies for the Daily Mail link, couldn't find the video anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Best revenge: blast'em with..... Wait. Are we still allowed to use that?

When I was in my last year at uni, I started seeing a girl. Turns out she had dated a mate of mine for a few months in high school. I didn't know them then. He said it was cool and he had no problem with it. He was in a long term relationship with another girl and they were happy.

So we were together for a year. Happy and all was good. All of a sudden she breaks up with me. I was crushed. Wtf happened?!? Turns out my "mate" had been contacting her behind my back for the last couple of months and they got back together. I was pissed off. Told them both to go **** themselves and cut them from my life. They both lost a few friends over it.

About 15 years later, when I was back home, I bump into her in the pub. They had gotten married about 10 years earlier but now were going through a rough patch. She poured her heart out to me and I was kind and caring. A shoulder to cry on. She started contacting me after that. The messages got very sexual and included pictures. The next time I was back home, we got together and had a hot steamy affair. Then she left her husband. She said she was thinking of moving to the country I lived in. I said don't bother, this was just a bit of fun, nothing serious.

Last time I was back, I bumped into my "mate". He knew what had happened but I played innocent. It was very satisfying.

Snotty wrote: »
    Seriously, he was an immature 15yr old boy? Shock and amazement.
    You are not coming across good at all

So you are taking up for a lad who even in his mid 20s treated me like crap okay then whatever you say. What do you know about me anyway? Done nothing but treat the lad with respect and you tell me im not coming across as nice. Whatever love.

Waiting patiently for zcorpain88 to post....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So you are taking up for a lad who even in his mid 20s treated me like crap okay then whatever you say. What do you know about me anyway? Done nothing but treat the lad with respect and you tell me im not coming across as nice. Whatever love.
    oh come off it, you knew more than anyone what he was like and kept taking him back you're as bad as each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Not really into the whole revenge scene. I've ended relationships and had people retaliate and I could have gotten revenge but what I really want in life is to be able to get on with things, cause other people the least amount of hassle and get the least amount of hassle from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

So were you with a lad in his mid 20s while you were 15?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Best revenge: blast'em with..... Wait. Are we still allowed to use that?

When I was in my last year at uni, I started seeing a girl. Turns out she had dated a mate of mine for a few months in high school. I didn't know them then. He said it was cool and he had no problem with it. He was in a long term relationship with another girl and they were happy.

So we were together for a year. Happy and all was good. All of a sudden she breaks up with me. I was crushed. Wtf happened?!? Turns out my "mate" had been contacting her behind my back for the last couple of months and they got back together. I was pissed off. Told them both to go **** themselves and cut them from my life. They both lost a few friends over it.

About 15 years later, when I was back home, I bump into her in the pub. They had gotten married about 10 years earlier but now were going through a rough patch. She poured her heart out to me and I was kind and caring. A shoulder to cry on. She started contacting me after that. The messages got very sexual and included pictures. The next time I was back home, we got together and had a hot steamy affair. Then she left her husband. She said she was thinking of moving to the country I lived in. I said don't bother, this was just a bit of fun, nothing serious.

Last time I was back, I bumped into my "mate". He knew what had happened but I played innocent. It was very satisfying.

This story doesn't exactly shower you in glory either.

Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Wow that OP story is pathetic. For anyone in a similar bind, It shouldnt be about revenge, it should be about have some self respect and dont be a sucker.

I was always suspicious about my first serious boyfriend. We were together about 8 months and he broke up with me and magically had a new girlfriend the next day. I'd say he was cheating on me. Well that didn't last long either and he came crawling back. I wish I was the type who could gain satisfaction from a situation like that but I just thought he was pathetic, tbh.
    Me and my fine ass moved on elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement