Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity benefit query

Options
  • 18-09-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Sorry this has probably been asked multiple times but I need some help. I'm due to go back to work next week and I am pregnant. I don't know if I'll be entitled to maternity leave pay next May as I'll only be in work October to April. I was on maternity pay from November 2016- may 2016 and the unpaid until now.
    I've read the stuff about the "relevant year" but it's not clear to me. If I'm going on maternity leave in May 2018 will I get the state pay if I worked February - Nov 2016? (November and December on mat pay)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I went back to work in September after my last mat leave, I was pregnant shortly afterwards, and worked until May.
    I'm on mat leave again now, with pay.
    I don't know if that helps!

Advertisement