Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CB Longs

Options
  • 18-09-2017 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I am looking for .22 CCI CB Longs 29gr. Someone might know who stocks them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

I am sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

I am sorted.

Please let me know from where.

Hilltop in Wicklow.

Hilltop in Wicklow.

Thanks. Do they post out.

PM sent

• Advertisement

Been using these for rats. Excellent out to 20 yds and possibly good for 30 yds. Didn't get the opportunity to shoot to 30 yds. Yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

I'd be interested in these too. Got some 22 bird/rat shot, shot two rats within 20 feet and they ran off:rolleyes: has anyone actually dropped a rat with them??

I think I might have a big rat problem too, from feeding fowl all winter and I cant really use poison due to the cats/ fowl

ligertigon wrote: »
    I'd be interested in these too. Got some 22 bird/rat shot, shot two rats within 20 feet and they ran off:rolleyes: has anyone actually dropped a rat with them??

I think I might have a big rat problem too, from feeding fowl all winter and I cant really use poison due to the cats/ fowl

Shot one in a trap from 3ft, not much good past 3 or 4 yards max. Got some RWS short field 50ft lbs from Pat Carley, bit pricey, but work well at 20 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mylo10

ligertigon wrote: »

I use the bird shot on rats all the time, in the sheds. They're only effective at a very close range (2-3m Max), but they do work great at that distance. Have a look on youtube and there's videos showing the spread at various distances. I love them but they are expensive. Outdoors I just use sub sonics at about 20m.

One thing to note is that if you're using a Semi Auto there's not enough power from them to cycle. I load one at a time in my 10/22 and use a small flat head to remove the empty shell.

Advertisement