Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petworld

• 18-09-2017 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,692 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Petworld in Rathfarnham sell tropical fish and if so do they have a good range? Like cichlids, guppies, swordtails, neons etc

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Yes, they definitely stock tropical fish. However, as we only have cold-water fish in our aquarium, I haven't taken much of an interest in what tropicals they have so I can't answer the second part of your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,692 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

They had a fairly decent mixture, not massive but good enough for the hobbyist

One question if anyone can answer - I picked up a few gourami. First time having them in the tank. All the other fish gobbled up the flakes but they seem kinda fussy eaters with it, like a peck at it and then swam off

Quick google and it seems they like cucumber and peas!
    Now I'm guessing not mushy peas but can anyone point me to what type of peas and if feeding them cucumber what do you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A gourami should take flake ok, it's possible they're just stressed, or were fed a different type of food so haven't worked out that yours is edible yet.

How many do you have, in what size tank? IME they're quite territorial and can be terrible bullies.

kylith wrote: »
    A gourami should take flake ok, it's possible they're just stressed, or were fed a different type of food so haven't worked out that yours is edible yet.

How many do you have, in what size tank? IME they're quite territorial and can be terrible bullies.

Only got 2 of them and they don't seem to be bothering anyone
    It's a 350 gallon tank (think I worked that out right) so plenty of room for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

fritzelly wrote: »
    Only got 2 of them and they don't seem to be bothering anyone
    It's a 350 gallon tank (think I worked that out right) so plenty of room for them
    I think you might mean 320litre, a 320 gallon tank would be huuuuuuuuuge (like, 8 foot long). 320L should be plenty for them to have their own territories :)

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    I think you might mean 320litre, a 320 gallon tank would be huuuuuuuuuge (like, 8 foot long). 320L should be plenty for them to have their own territories :)

Oops, I entered cm as inches, it's actually 100 litres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

fritzelly wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Petworld in Rathfarnham sell tropical fish and if so do they have a good range? Like cichlids, guppies, swordtails, neons etc

Cheers

They have a poor selection from a poor supplier. Go up to Petstop in Carrickmines for better fish.

Advertisement