Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ever happened to the major Trevor Deeley case breakthrough ?

• 19-09-2017 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Was it just a smokescreen to divert attention from something else ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Basal wrote: »

The whole George Hook malarkey is a smoke screen imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Turned out it wasn't such a big breakthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Some things take a long time and people didn't get an answer straight away or in 140 characters with emojis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The whole George Hook malarkey is a smoke screen imho

Diverting attention from what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There's a thread here in After Hours somewhere, if you search you'll find it. I'm guessing the cops are still searching that area they cordonned off, it was big enough wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

MadYaker wrote: »
    There's a thread here in After Hours somewhere, if you search you'll find it. I'm guessing the cops are still searching that area they cordonned off, it was big enough wasn't it?

This - they said it would take several months unless they got extremely lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,521 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Basal wrote: »
    Feeling nervous OP? :pac:

I'm sure the Garda will release information at the appropriate time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

longshanks wrote: »
    Diverting attention from what?
    I'm *presuming* they're joking. :D
    MadYaker wrote: »
    That thread was deleted. I think it was upsetting for his family, which is fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Doesn't look good, seems they are nearly done with the search and have found nothing.
    Must be torture for the family.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/no-trace-of-missing-trevor-deely-as-garda-search-of-city-site-enters-its-closing-stages-36143008.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Lads we don't have 'cops' in Ireland...
    You can always spot the tabloid readers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Last thread was closed due to this

Good afternoon, AHers.

It's rare I have to post in After Hours but I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock this thread up for review.
    Much earlier in the thread a mod noted that "Going forward, speculation is allowed, unless the type of speculation is completely unfounded and could be construed as hurtful to Trevor's family".
    It has become apparent that the thread has become hurtful and distressing to the Deely family and has been for some time. I'll review posts but if there is a large amount of objectionable content, the whole thread will be removed. The thread is quite long so this may take some time.

Please do not start any new threads on this subject, either while the thread is closed or in the event the thread has to be removed. This also includes if there are any new updates in the media.

Thanks for your co-operation, folks.

We cannot have any new threads on the subject for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement