Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Address With SW

Options
  • 19-09-2017 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

So, I will be moving to a different county from Dublin this week, into my grandmother's house. She passed away a couple years ago. I'm just wondering what the procedure is with getting my SW payments transferred down there. What documentation will I need? I won't have any utility bills in my name. The only bill I will have (electricity bill) will be in my great uncle's name, he has also passed away.

I have read on a couple forums to go into my new local SW office and notify them that I have moved, only thing is, I do not drive, and the nearest SW office is around a 40 minute drive. It's quite rural so no reliable bus routes either. All the other forums have also posted about it back in 2009 and such so I don't know whether things have changed since then with regards to my situation.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

When I changed my address, I just went into the nearest intreo office and told them. They never asked for any proof of address.

As Intreo offices are in local centres of population it is not unreasonable that you find a way to get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

"If you change your address you should write to the Department of Social Protection at the address below giving your name, PPS number, old and new address and evidence of your new address such as a utility bill. The Department will then update your record.

Client Identity Services

Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-On-Shannon
    Co. Leitrim

Locall:1890 927 999 "

You could enclose a copy of a recent utility bill in your uncle's name, plus his PPSN (so they can confirm that he's deceased) - and tell them that you're in the process of having the name on the bill changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Don't write to dsp that's advice for general changes not a claim in payment.

You need to go to your new office and request a Transfer in. You could to make it quicker also go to your current office and request a Transfer out.

You will need proof of address. It need not be a bill even a letter from somewhere official will do

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op how can the bills be in a deceased persons name??

If your living their simply change this over to you.

Advertisement