Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hybrid womans bike

Options
  • 19-09-2017 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Which bike would be better a free spirited trekker or a carera? Looking for something to get me around town but also a little longer distance 60ks a day every now and again? Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Pen72 wrote: »
    Which bike would be better a free spirited trekker or a carera? Looking for something to get me around town but also a little longer distance 60ks a day every now and again? Tia

Are you really a hybrid woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pen72

feargale wrote: »
    Are you really a hybrid woman?

As in????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

:rolleyes:

have you a budget? flat bar or drop bar? need a carrier?
    so you are doing 30k and 30k... a drop bar / road bike would be a little quicker.
    https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/showsearchresults.asp?sort=description&idSupplier=0&withstock=1&idCategory=317&pageno=1&IDBrand=52

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

What height are you? If you're tall and long-legged, a man's bike may suit you better; if you're small and short-legged maybe go for the Cannondales or Giants or Cubes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Chuchote wrote: »
    What height are you? If you're tall and long-legged, a man's bike may suit you better; if you're small and short-legged maybe go for the Cannondales or Giants or Cubes.

It's your each that dictates whether you need a wsd or not, not your height. I'm tall and long legged, but I have a tiny body, so going on height I should be on a 56-58, but actually fit best on a 52-54 max.

OP try out bikes, see what fits you best, wsd or not and go from there. Sit on as many as you can!
    If you're thinking of longer spins a road bike us way more comfy, I find it a lot more comfortable to commute on too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Pen72

Chuchote wrote: »

Hi 5"7 not very long legs, tha ks for your recommendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

http://www.adverts.ie/ladies-bikes/liv-avail-3-small/13821543

http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/giant-defy-4-2016-small-ideal-starter-road-bike-or-winter-bike/13816471

f you go for a road bike,you don't have to of course, they both seem as good as new. Probably would get for a little less also

Advertisement