Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation Scheduled but no contact

Options
  • 19-09-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I received a text last week to say my installation was scheduled for today between 9:30 and 12:30. I got a call yesterday to confirm it, I was in a meeting so called back as soon as I saw it. Proceeded to call 5 more times and no answer to any of my calls. 
    I got called into work today, so came in early so I could have an hour to leave when the technician called. I've been told I should have gotten a text message last night to confirm my appointment. 
    No text message. 
    I tried to call the number they gave yesterday to see whether my appointment was going ahead. 
    YET again no answer.
    I tried to call 1901, who gave an automatic message saying I was scheduled to have an appointment today when I pressed 1 to get through to talk to a rep, 
    NO ANSWER.
    I just logged onto the eir chat page... and surprise surprise NO ANSWER from chat either!!

Where are all your staff??

Bar that automated message saying I "SHOULD" have an appointment today, I cannot get through to ANYONE to confirm whether it is actually happening or the time the technician will be there!! 

I don't know if you realise it, but people have jobs that they cannot just leave at will to go and wait for hours "JUST IN CASE" their technician comes between 9 and 12:30.

Can I get some answers???? Providing there is actually someone on line that will answer me!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Hello,

I received a text last week to say my installation was scheduled for today between 9:30 and 12:30. I got a call yesterday to confirm it, I was in a meeting so called back as soon as I saw it. Proceeded to call 5 more times and no answer to any of my calls. 
    I got called into work today, so came in early so I could have an hour to leave when the technician called. I've been told I should have gotten a text message last night to confirm my appointment. 
    No text message. 
    I tried to call the number they gave yesterday to see whether my appointment was going ahead. 
    YET again no answer.
    I tried to call 1901, who gave an automatic message saying I was scheduled to have an appointment today when I pressed 1 to get through to talk to a rep, 
    NO ANSWER.
    I just logged onto the eir chat page... and surprise surprise NO ANSWER from chat either!!

Where are all your staff??

Bar that automated message saying I "SHOULD" have an appointment today, I cannot get through to ANYONE to confirm whether it is actually happening or the time the technician will be there!! 

I don't know if you realise it, but people have jobs that they cannot just leave at will to go and wait for hours "JUST IN CASE" their technician comes between 9 and 12:30.

Can I get some answers???? Providing there is actually someone on line that will answer me!!
    Hi mcgiggles,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having getting through to an agent about your appointment. If you have an appointment slot we wouldn't be able to give you a specific time for when the technicians will be out with you. If you PM me your full name and account number I can make sure that it's due to go ahead for you today.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I have since cancelled with eir. I'm sick of your appalling customer service.
    I cannot get an answer from anyone on online chat about when my phone line will be unlocked for other suppliers to use. They (on chat) tell me to ring 1901. When I ring that number I can't get through to talk to anyone as the phone number I have entered is not valid (duh cos its cancelled).

Where am I supposed to get answers?!?
    Can someone on here please tell me when my line will be available to get a new supplier!

I have since cancelled with eir. I'm sick of your appalling customer service.
    I cannot get an answer from anyone on online chat about when my phone line will be unlocked for other suppliers to use. They (on chat) tell me to ring 1901. When I ring that number I can't get through to talk to anyone as the phone number I have entered is not valid (duh cos its cancelled).

Where am I supposed to get answers?!?
    Can someone on here please tell me when my line will be available to get a new supplier!
    Sorry to hear you've cancelled your services with us. 

If your line isn't active with us anymore you should be able to place an order to have this activated with a new service provider. If you would like to speak to us on the phone about this, you can press "#" when asked to enter your phone number and you should be able to get through to our customer care department. 

If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on your account to see if your line has been ceased with us.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

eir: Adam wrote:
    If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on your account to see if your line has been ceased with us.

Thanks for your help Adam! Most appreciated!

Although I just tried to sign up with a new provider and the UAN I was given from a phone rep is coming up as invalid! Can anyone that side confirm it for me?

Originally posted by eir: Adam

Thanks for your help Adam! Most appreciated!

Although I just tried to sign up with a new provider and the UAN I was given from a phone rep is coming up as invalid! Can anyone that side confirm it for me?
    You're welcome.

I've responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement