Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting a long shaded border

Options
  • 19-09-2017 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hi

Because I'm in a corner house, at an angle, I have a longish drive way...about 90ft or so. Only moved in recently and trying to get my head around how to deal with the garden.
    The driveway is chippings and has trees/bushes/some fencing along the south side. But there are bare strips/patches of soil most of the way between the driveway itself and the trees. And all thats growing there is weeds and scutch grass in places.

I'm looking to plant some low maintenance shrubs/flowers/grass that will grow in this shaded strip. I'm thinking some sort of bog type heather that will slowly spread over the area and keep the bare look off of it.

Any advice/tips for a complete novice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

maybe a low box hedge / buxus, it tolerates shade well and is low maint

Advertisement