Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hike to do in Dublin mountains

Options
  • 19-09-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Hi, my girlfriend and I like going on trail walks together. I would like to bring her to the mountains this time. I've done two rocks before but ended up walking on country roads to enniskerry instead of just turning back toward marlay park. I'm wondering which proper route to take this time? Maybe go to fairy castle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Have a look at the Coillte site: http://www.coillte.ie/our-forests/recreation-map/

You can download a map of forests and trails for various Coillte forests in the Dublin Hills. Including Two Rock/ Fairy Castle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

You can do part or all of the Dublin Mountains Way. You could do sections of it using public transport to get to the start and finish if you want.

Djouce, Maulin, Tonlagee are all easily accessible from Dublin.

Another option is to go above Bray Lough, walk west to the source of the Dodder, down to the turf banks above Glenasmole and down to Bohernabreena and Kiltipper.

Advertisement