Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone not received

Options
  • 19-09-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

My husband purchased a refurbished iPhone from an Irish website on Sunday 3rd September. He paid with his Visa debit card. The website stated it would be 3 working days for delivery. He didn't get a confirmation email automatically so he made contact with them on the Monday and they advised they had received the order and everything was fine. Fast forward over two weeks and still no sign of the phone. He has tried ringing them several times and no answer, email, social media... not getting anywhere. What is our next step?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

was it a reputable company it was bought from?

I'd suggest contacting the Visa debit card issuer to see if they can cancel the transactio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Get on to his bank and get them to do a chargeback if possible.
    I don't know how that works with debit cards.
    A bit of advice here, always use a credit card when buying goods online or putting deposits down on items in shops because if you have any issues the credit card side don't mess about when you are having issues in getting your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

+1 initiate a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My husband purchased a refurbished iPhone from an Irish website

Just a .ie domain or actually an Irish business?

Price too good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yep a reputable company who also have stores around the country... I'll get him to ring the bank and see what they say. It's so frustrating! We quite often use the credit card online but didn't think this would be an issue given it's a proper company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You have the same protections with say, a visa debit, as a visa credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

ED E wrote: »
    Just a .ie domain or actually an Irish business?

Price too good to be true?

Irish business... refurbished models

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

You have the same protections with say, a visa debit, as a visa credit card.

One small difference ,
    It's not your money your spending with a credit card :-P
    So you won't be out of pocket if any issues arise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Yep a reputable company who also have stores around the country... I'll get him to ring the bank and see what they say. It's so frustrating! We quite often use the credit card online but didn't think this would be an issue given it's a proper company

Do you still want the phone or just the money back now?

If you still want the phone perhaps it's an out of stock issue, have you gone into a store with your order confirmation and spoken to someone?

Advertisement