Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Contribution - Civil/Structural

• 19-09-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I would like to find out what the typical employer pension contribution is for civil/structural engineers, in an office or site environment.

I'm a contract worker and I don't receive any contribution. My friend gets 7% as a site engineer with 10yrs+ experience. From speaking with a few agents, I'm lead to believe 5% is standard but some can get up to 10%.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It generally goes from 0%-10%

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It can range from 0%.
    Every employer is different.
    Obviously public sector staff contribute and pay a levy, but my previous private sector consultant engineers office paid no pension contributions. They did facilitate direct payment from wages etc under legislation but they made no contribution.

Advertisement