Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable Broadband provider in Kildare town.

Options
  • 19-09-2017 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Moving to Kildare town in the next few weeks and just looking for some advice/pointers on which broadband provider to go for.

We are 2 adults and 2 kids with usual range of phones/iPads etc.

Also will be running a Playstation and tv (IPTV) on the BB.

Had a nightmare of a time with previous provider. Signal, while strong used to drop intermittently so we're hoping for something that will be always on and not drop signal at all as we rely on it for the tv.

Thanks for any and all info/input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

I find vodafone to be good. I'm signed up for a 100mb/s and usually get around 90. It might depend on where you're living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Kildare Town is fibre enabled so Eir and their secondary sellers such as vodafone & sky are options.

If going for sky tv they'll have packages to entice you to sign up, similarly eir will have packages.

But all will use the Eir network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

mickmac76 wrote: »
    I find vodafone to be good. I'm signed up for a 100mb/s and usually get around 90. It might depend on where you're living.

Thanks for your response.

90 is impressive. I'm getting 35 on average where we are now.

Do you ever find that there are any periodic/intermittent short breaks in service or is it constant??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Kildare Town is fibre enabled so Eir and their secondary sellers such as vodafone & sky are options.

If going for sky tv they'll have packages to entice you to sign up, similarly eir will have packages.

But all will use the Eir network.

Cheers for your reply. Appreciate it.

Besides Eir are there other companies who would have ownership of lines etc??

For instance, virgin?? Or do they piggyback on Eir also?

Do you mind me asking which provider you use and how you find the service?

Advertisement