Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection of new build to eir fibre network

Options
  • 19-09-2017 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello,

My original Eir fibre installation date was scheduled for 11 August 2017. On that day, the KN Engineer visited my house and after a bit of survey work we located a number of broadband cables 2 chambers away from my house. These cables had been installed by other KN engineers and whomever Sky use as well, as the houses they serve only have Eir and Sky and are part of the new development that my house is in.

There was no spare connection in the chamber so I could not be connected up and the KN engineer advised that he would have to pull cables from further down the road (another 2 chambers). He advised that while it was perfectly feasible for him to install cables on the day it was against company policy and the only way around this would be to get an instruction from Eir. The alternative was to simply wait for Eir cables to be installed replacing all the other cables that have been pulled in to date and then connect up to these.

So I waited and contacted the "Eir Onboarding Dept" multiple times, finally being advised that a survey had been carried out and the work was scheduled for 14th September 2017. So the 14th has come and gone so I rang the "Eir Onboarding dept." today only to be told that there was not enough time to carry out the work so it has been deferred to the 20th October 2017.

So a KN Engineer could have hooked me up on the day only for company bureaucracy and now it's going to take Eir nearly 9 weeks to carry out the same work. Can an instruction please be given to KN to connect me up to the network (something that is perfectly feasible).

As a footnote - I'm a chartered civil engineer so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to ducted networks. I've lost count of how many times I've contacted various departments and promised an email reponse only to reciev nothing. I'd appreciate if this can be escalated please?

Please PM for my account number.

Best Regards,

Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

swginn wrote: »
    Hello,

My original Eir fibre installation date was scheduled for 11 August 2017. On that day, the KN Engineer visited my house and after a bit of survey work we located a number of broadband cables 2 chambers away from my house. These cables had been installed by other KN engineers and whomever Sky use as well, as the houses they serve only have Eir and Sky and are part of the new development that my house is in.

There was no spare connection in the chamber so I could not be connected up and the KN engineer advised that he would have to pull cables from further down the road (another 2 chambers). He advised that while it was perfectly feasible for him to install cables on the day it was against company policy and the only way around this would be to get an instruction from Eir. The alternative was to simply wait for Eir cables to be installed replacing all the other cables that have been pulled in to date and then connect up to these.

So I waited and contacted the "Eir Onboarding Dept" multiple times, finally being advised that a survey had been carried out and the work was scheduled for 14th September 2017. So the 14th has come and gone so I rang the "Eir Onboarding dept." today only to be told that there was not enough time to carry out the work so it has been deferred to the 20th October 2017.

So a KN Engineer could have hooked me up on the day only for company bureaucracy and now it's going to take Eir nearly 9 weeks to carry out the same work. Can an instruction please be given to KN to connect me up to the network (something that is perfectly feasible).

As a footnote - I'm a chartered civil engineer so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to ducted networks. I've lost count of how many times I've contacted various departments and promised an email reponse only to reciev nothing. I'd appreciate if this can be escalated please?

Please PM for my account number.

Best Regards,

Stephen
    Hi swginn, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 20 swginn

Thanks Adam,

You have PM now with account details.

Regards,

Stephen

Thanks Adam,

You have PM now with account details.

Regards,

Stephen
    Thanks. 

I will come back to you shortly through PM's. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Adam,
    You have PM. Can you reply please?
    Regards,

Stephen

Adam,
    Regards,

Stephen

• Advertisement

Adam,
    Regards,

Stephen
    Hi Stephen, I haven't received a PM with your details. Can you try to send this again please?

- Adam

Advertisement