Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline not working - Broadband working fine

Options
  • 19-09-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

This is being dragging on for a while now, partly because I have left it slide. But its about time I got this fixed.

As per this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104658327&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notification#post104658327

I went ahead and logged a fault last week. September 12th. I heard nothing since and dialled 1901 this morning (option 2) to be told that the fault has been resolved and the line was tested. (automatic message). However I disagree, my landline is not working.

I got through to an operator who asked for me to do the tests when I am at home (which is difficult as we have poor mobile reception). But either way, I tried this a few months ago and nothing came of it - i.e landline plugged in directly to phone socket - nothing works.

But the real problem here is - as suggested in that thread, if you call my number, and the problem was in my house, would expect to hear the ringing tone. A call from any other phone to my home simply disconnects. 

Let me who to PM and I will send you my a/c details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Colm R wrote: »
    Hi there.

This is being dragging on for a while now, partly because I have left it slide. But its about time I got this fixed.

As per this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104658327&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notification#post104658327

I went ahead and logged a fault last week. September 12th. I heard nothing since and dialled 1901 this morning (option 2) to be told that the fault has been resolved and the line was tested. (automatic message). However I disagree, my landline is not working.

I got through to an operator who asked for me to do the tests when I am at home (which is difficult as we have poor mobile reception). But either way, I tried this a few months ago and nothing came of it - i.e landline plugged in directly to phone socket - nothing works.

But the real problem here is - as suggested in that thread, if you call my number, and the problem was in my house, would expect to hear the ringing tone. A call from any other phone to my home simply disconnects. 

Hi Colm R, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

Apologies for the delays in getting your service back up and running, I understand your frustration. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there.

As per this thread:

Hi Colm R, 

Apologies for the delays in getting your service back up and running, I understand your frustration. 

Thanks 

Adam 
    Thanks Adam - sent that to you.

Cheers
    -C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there.

As per this thread:

Hi Colm R, 

Thanks 

Adam 
    Thanks Adam - sent that to you.

Cheers
    -C
    Thanks, I'll come back to you soon through PM's. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement