Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0.41Mbps Download Speed

Options
  • 19-09-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I recently took out a MBB device with Meteor, €20 for 50GB per month. I'm in my first month of usage and the speed is shocking, as stated in the title, 0.41Mbps is the download speed. A 93MB file is taking over 25 minutes to download. I checked the coverage map before taking out this device and it showed my house was in a good, albeit not excellent 4G area. I constantly have 1 or 2 bars of coverage, I think I may have seen it hit 3 bars once.

Anything you help with about this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hello,

I recently took out a MBB device with Meteor, €20 for 50GB per month. I'm in my first month of usage and the speed is shocking, as stated in the title, 0.41Mbps is the download speed. A 93MB file is taking over 25 minutes to download. I checked the coverage map before taking out this device and it showed my house was in a good, albeit not excellent 4G area. I constantly have 1 or 2 bars of coverage, I think I may have seen it hit 3 bars once.

Anything you help with about this?

Thanks
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your broadband speeds. Can you restart this device and let me know if it improves your service please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hi Adam,

Nope, only made it worse ironically, now clocking in a speed of 0.13Mbps. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Adam,

Nope, only made it worse ironically, now clocking in a speed of 0.13Mbps. 
    I'm very sorry to hear that. Can you PM me your number, PIN and full name please? I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement