Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 20140 need to connect Radio

Options
  • 19-09-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys,
    First of all sorry for my writing English is not my first language I hope you guys understand.
    It was building renovation job. We pull fresh cables for intruder alarm system. Old system was HKC SW812 panel we replaced in to HKC SW20140. On the old system was connected Radio communicator but electricians pulled it from the wall. I didn't take any pictures or notes what way radio was connected to expander.
    Now I need to reconnect Radio to new expander but I have no idea how.
    Radio model is ATE ARGO RADIO BIDI04R.
    If anyone have any ideas please share I'll appreciate.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm not familiar with the radio model. Can you post a pic of the connections?
    Does it use Outputs/Dial capture or serial connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nepykit

I have a few pictures but I don't know how to post it here.
    Can you give me your email address or something.
    https://imageshack.us/i/poEJk7yUj

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It's probably connected to a central station and you would need the original installer to program the new panel, provided it's still in use

Correct TOP Security not getting signals this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

nepykit wrote:
    Correct TOP Security not getting signals this time.

Is it even transmitting test calls?
    Has the radio unit been powered down?

You are better off getting the original installer as you need to know what you are at with the Top radio units.

• Advertisement

It was transmitting on the old HKC system sparks powered down and ripped from the wall. They thought that unit not going to be using again. Also was never reconnected on new HKC system.
    Ok lads I'll try to contact TOP and see what they can advise. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

nepykit wrote: »
    It was transmitting on the old HKC system sparks powered down and ripped from the wall. They thought that unit not going to be using again. Also was never reconnected on new HKC system.
    Ok lads I'll try to contact TOP and see what they can advise. Thanks again.

The radio is connected to outputs to be triggered in the event of an alarm.
    The newer HKC system only has two.
    If you have the newer system installed have a look at the IP polling.

Advertisement