Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled service but haven't received confirmation or notice of what to do with equi

Options
  • 19-09-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I cancelled my Eir service over two weeks ago now, was told that I would receive a letter to confirm this along with the date on which service would cease and instructions on how to return the equipment etc. 

However, I have not received anything to date.

Can I please get official confirmation on the above as I need to get this sorted out ASAP, please?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

BandMember wrote: »
    Hi.

I cancelled my Eir service over two weeks ago now, was told that I would receive a letter to confirm this along with the date on which service would cease and instructions on how to return the equipment etc. 

Can I please get official confirmation on the above as I need to get this sorted out ASAP, please?

Thank you.
    Hi BandMember, 

Can you send me a PM containing your account number and full name so I can look into this for oyu please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Im in the same boat, Ive canceled my service and need the same info, need to return a modem I think?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Im in the same boat, Ive canceled my service and need the same info, need to return a modem I think?
    Hi keno-daytrader, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I've received your PM and will come back to you shortly.

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Guys,

just to point out. This had happened me with EIR. I rang on 3 separate occasions and was told my service was cancelled but no confirmation.

It took 3 months and 34 hours of calls to sort out, and Eir still have issues with my bill.  
    Also be aware that EIR wait until your service is cancelled to look for equipment back, so if your moving house take it with you, they charge nearly 200 euro for a full set of TV,modem etc.

A shocking company to deal with..... 

Guys,

just to point out. This had happened me with EIR. I rang on 3 separate occasions and was told my service was cancelled but no confirmation.

It took 3 months and 34 hours of calls to sort out, and Eir still have issues with my bill.  
    Also be aware that EIR wait until your service is cancelled to look for equipment back, so if your moving house take it with you, they charge nearly 200 euro for a full set of TV,modem etc.

A shocking company to deal with..... 
    Hi Skyrimaddict, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Adam 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi.

Thank you.
    Hi BandMember, 

Can you send me a PM containing your account number and full name so I can look into this for oyu please?

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks & Regards,

BandMember.

Hi.

Thank you.
    Hi BandMember, 

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks & Regards,

BandMember.
    Thanks, 

I'll get back to your PM shortly.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

Despite my phone calls to Eir and written correspondence with you agreeing the date on which my service will cease, I have now been cut off way ahead of schedule and have been left with no service. This is a complete screw up by Eir, and I am seeking both answers and a solution.

I have sent you a PM outlining the details and am seeking a response from you ASAP.

Regards,

BandMember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi Adam,

Despite my phone calls to Eir and written correspondence with you agreeing the date on which my service will cease, I have now been cut off way ahead of schedule and have been left with no service. This is a complete screw up by Eir, and I am seeking both answers and a solution.

I have sent you a PM outlining the details and am seeking a response from you ASAP.

Regards,

BandMember.
    Hi there BandMemeber

So sorry to hear about this.  Unfortunately Adam is not available today but please feel free to send me all the information & account details via PM and I'll have a look at this for you

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi Adam,

Regards,

BandMember.
    Hi there BandMemeber

So sorry to hear about this.  Unfortunately Adam is not available today but please feel free to send me all the information & account details via PM and I'll have a look at this for you

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

PM sent.

Only seeing this now because, as I have no broadband service at the moment thanks to Eir screwing up, I am limited to accessing the internet on my mobile phone.

Regards,

BandMember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tevey08

Not being rude but why would you have a phone without topping it up for 6 months?

tevey08 wrote: »
    Not being rude but why would you have a phone without topping it up for 6 months?
    ???????????

Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean??

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tevey08

???????????

Sorry wrong thread don't ask me how I managed that :) 

???????????

Sorry wrong thread don't ask me how I managed that :) 
    Ok, no problem - I was really confused there! :pac:

Hi guys,

I have posted back the equipment - can you confirm receipt, please? Also, I am owed money on my last bill but the amount credited to me is wrong because you guys screwed up and cut me off immediately. Can you PM me to sort out the correct amount, please?

Thank you.

Hi guys,

I have posted back the equipment - can you confirm receipt, please? Also, I am owed money on my last bill but the amount credited to me is wrong because you guys screwed up and cut me off immediately. Can you PM me to sort out the correct amount, please?

Thank you.
    Hi,

I have sent you a PM there.

- Adam

Hi guys,

Thank you.
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for your PM and all your help, I've replied to your message so hopefully we can get everything wrapped up soon.

Hi guys,

Thank you.
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for your PM and all your help, I've replied to your message so hopefully we can get everything wrapped up soon.
    No problem at all. I've responded to your PM there now. 

- Adam 

Hi Adam,

Just following up on this, it's been two months now and I still haven't received the refund of monies due to me.

Can you follow it up and let me know what the situation is, please?

Thank you.

Still waiting on even an acknowledgement of my query guys.....

• Advertisement

Still waiting on even an acknowledgement of my query guys.....
    Hi,

Apologies for the delay here. I'll look into this for you and I'll be back in touch through a PM with an update.

- Adam

Adam, I am still getting e-mails from Eir saying that my latest bill is due - just got another one now!

Can you please get back to me and let me know how or when the situation will be resolved, please?

Adam, I am still getting e-mails from Eir saying that my latest bill is due - just got another one now!

Can you please get back to me and let me know how or when the situation will be resolved, please?
    Hi Bandmember,

Don't worry about this, this bill is just stating that your account is in credit. I'll send you a PM today with more information on this.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

Still waiting on an update on this..........

Hi Adam,

Still waiting on an update on this..........
    Hi,

I only received an update this morning. I'll send you a PM now.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

I have still not received the credit into my bank account, can please resolve this?

Thank you.

Hi Adam,

I have still not received the credit into my bank account, can please resolve this?

Thank you.
    Hi,

I've checked your account for you and this refund was processed and returned to your bank account on 13/12/2017.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

Just to get back to you on this - would you believe that the refund finally turned up in my account on 21/12/2017!

It was a long road..............but we finally got there..........

Thank you for all your help.

Hi Adam,

I am still receiving e-mails telling me that my latest bill is due - even though I cancelled the service 4 months ago!!

Can you look into this and remove all of my details from your databases, please?

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Hi Adam,

I am still receiving e-mails telling me that my latest bill is due - even though I cancelled the service 4 months ago!!

Can you look into this and remove all of my details from your databases, please?

Thank you.
    Hi Adam,

Still waiting on a response to this, please.

Can you clarify the situation?

Thanks.

Advertisement