Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LDV brings EV80 chassis and panel vans to Ireland

• 19-09-2017 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

http://www.ldv.ie/ev80/

60 & 75kWh packs - Lithium Iron Phosphate, liquid cooled
    ~200km real world range with load
    100kW motor, 320nM torque

LDV Ireland is importing all vehicles with both 22kW AC onboard chargers and 50kW CCS support which are optional in other markets.
    They are also encouraging customers to install 22kW AC charging.

Open sales through LDV dealers, not restricted to fleet sales.
    Interestingly they brought a demo VIP 7-seater to Ireland recently too.

Wish them every success and if you know anyone looking for an electric van, you can point them LDVs way.

Full Specs: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54d36b4ae4b095faa380622a/t/57cd69d629687fcc42bf5208/1473079768135/ldv-spec-sheets_Part14.pdf

Here are two charging at Lucan today:

jJuVIeQ.jpg?1
    NYJRWWd.jpg

Comments

Excellent, now all we need are thousands more DC chargers.

50 Kw a bit of a let down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You in the i8, cros13? :D

The lease of the big panel van is €199 per month ex VAT over 5 years. Not bad.

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Would it be possible to pull a trailer weighing 1500 kg over a distance of 50 km with that kind of battery power, wouldn't be a regular thing just occasionally.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Can't wait for the Fast Charger Etiquette and White Van Man posts.

It's going to be very entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Would it be possible to pull a trailer weighing 1500 kg over a distance of 50 km with that kind of battery power, wouldn't be a regular thing just occasionally.

No bother... it can take a ton of cargo 200km so a 1.5 ton trailer should be no bother at all. They had one with a hitch there I think.

The motor and battery are liquid cooled unlike some of the *cough* "competition".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The charging cable isn't in a great place is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The charging cable isn't in a great place is it?

It's grand if the rapid chargers were fitted in islands like ESB should have done and FastNed does. ESB rapids are a pain if you've got a trailer too, on many EVs you have to unhitch just to charge.

In that bay I can't even stretch the cable for my i3... have to park across three spaces. I'd normally have to be where the i8 is to charge.

FastNed Den Haag:

fastned-bouwt-snellaadstations-in-haag.jpg

ESB Urlingford (you can't really see but the rapid is in both the spaces (so they are short), one space is up against the wall with two telephone poles in the space) and it's hidden behind a texaco and chinese restaurant:

Xgychkw.jpg?1

And you won't get wet !

Enquired with LDV about one of the vans, very little info available, was told to ring back in six weeks when they came into stock , they didn't know the towing capacity, but for the 2.5 diesel it's only 1200 kg with a braked trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Tabby try attach again.

This makes no sense, as post removed.

Water John wrote: »
    Tabby try attach again.

I tried, it was a commercial fleet review

Advertisement