Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn edging question

Options
  • 19-09-2017 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

So, I started edging my lawn. The grass was coming down over the kerb. I'm not sure if it looks better or worse now. Photos attached. The soil is now very exposed.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

Ignore the weeds at the base of the kerbs, that's next week's job

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

So, I started edging my lawn. The grass was coming down over the kerb. I'm not sure if it looks better or worse now. Photos attached. The soil is now very exposed.

Any suggestions?

Kerbing where the soil is higher than the kerbs is hard to keep. It's going to constantly grow over it. I'm in the same boat. I use a petrol strimmers to cut the over growing grass. PS don't worry bout the exposed soil the grass will recolonise that in the blink of an eye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'd be inclined to go hards in it, slice the lawn back at an angle over 150-250mm.
    Other than that it is a very decent start and looks fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Permanent solution ? Put in new kerbing on top of the older stuff.

Thanks for all the replies!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies!

Will look alot better when tthe weeds are gone. Did one for a customer yesterday. Weeds were as bad as yours.

Looks good, thanks!

Advertisement