Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 3 Thread

• 19-09-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

sh3xWtVZ4yk1-w8bbnyqMtRMU7_NxdKhC88FS4YB-YOsdeQ9zmLhL-9wANwhTj40dcbr=w300

Thursday Night Football 1.25AM

Rams v 49ers

Sunday 2.30PM

Ravens v Jags @ Wembley

Sunday Early Slot

Texans v Patriots
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles Sky Sports
    Broncos v Bills

Sunday Late Slot

Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers Sky Sports

Sunday Night Football 1.30AM

Raiders v Redskins

Monday Night Football 1.30AM

Cowboys v Cardinals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭conor222

22-9 so far, doesn't look like the most compelling slate of games but theres one or two interesting ones in here

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

Thats right, picking the Browns to win!
    Best Games will likely be
    Chiefs@Chargers, two strong teams, chargers dont deserve thier 0-2 record, think the chiefs will win but not without a significant fight, Chargers will not wanto to fall to 0-3 and not want to lose at home again
    Falcons@Lions, could be a sneaky excellent game. Two good offences, two decent defences that have shown flashes of excellence. Both teams have the ability to have 500 yard games on offence so if they both come in firing, expect fireworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ravens/Jaguars is in Wembley, so we'll have football from 2:30pm on Sunday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Cowboys on tv again this week... hopefully we're a damn sight better than against the Broncos
    Jaysus 13/14 hours of back to back games though is nice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

Titans gonna have a tough game against the Hawks, need to contain russel wilson, if we keep him in the pocket, we should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Are we going to have to put up with the Giants and Cowboys on TV every single week of the season?

The Giants so far have been awful to watch and the Cowboys not much better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Barney92 wrote: »
    Are we going to have to put up with the Giants and Cowboys on TV every single week of the season?

I'd agree with you on that and I'm a cowboys fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Barney92 wrote: »

Agreed. How the Lions/Falcons isn't on TV this week baffles me,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Faugheen wrote: »
    Agreed. How the Lions/Falcons isn't on TV this week baffles me,

it is.
    http://www.skysports.com/watch/nfl-on-sky

chiefs @ Chargers is the late game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

10-5 last week so 18-12 overall

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Tonight's game have anything intriguing about it?

Chiefs/Patriots was obviously a no-brainer, and at least last week you had the Heisman winner's first start, and seeing how the Bengals responded from laying a duckegg.

This week? Eh....it's a divisional game, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

13-3 last week leaves me 23-8 overall.

Rams v 49ers; 49ers gave the Panthers a competitive game last week, but I think the Rams are better on both sides of the ball.

Texans v Patriots; Should be a straightforward win for the Patriots. I'd seriously think about not playing Gronk in games like these.

Ravens v Jags; Two really good defenses and two pretty inept offenses, should see a low scoring win for the Ravens.

Falcons v Lions; Falcons impressed in win over the Packers, we don't know much about the Lions after wins against bad Cardinals and Giants teams.

Steelers v Bears; Still awaiting the Steelers vaunted offense to click, but should have too much against the Bears. Trubinsky debut maybe?

Buccaneers v Vikings; I'm going to assume Bradford will sit this week out, and the Vikings with Keenum looked like a different team.

Saints v Panthers; Saints desperate to avoid 0-3 start, and a death knell to playoff hopes, but once again look toothless on D. Simple for Carolina.

Browns v Colts; I was so close to picking the Browns here, but I can't break (what seems like) a habit of a lifetime. Close Colts win.

Dolphins v Jets; I was surprised at how competitve the Jets were for 2 quarters against the Raiders, but think Cutler, with another week, will be even more effective for the Dolphins.

Giants v Eagles ; Giants season is on the line here, but I can't see them trouble the Eagles D in Philadelphia.

Broncos v Bills; Think this will be tougher than expected, but if the Broncos want to keep pace in the AFCW, they will need to win games like this. Low-scoring win for Denver.

Seahawks v Titans; Seahawks have failed to impress 2 weeks into the season, but that D looks better than ever imo. Another FG-fest Seattle win.

Bengals v Packers; Could this it for Marvin Lewis/Andy Dalton? A poor performance here could spell the end for either. Bengals to play extra conservatively to prevent blowout, but lose.

Chiefs v Chargers; Another season on the line-game for the Chargers, a loss would see them 3 games behind the leader in the AFCW, and cannot see them beating the in-form Chiefs.

Raiders v Redskins; Still not 100% sure what to make of Washington so far this year, but think the Raiders will have too much for them here.

Cowboys v Cardinals; A bounceback game for Dallas after a week of humbling media coverage. Cardinals will be completely overmatched in a routine win for Cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Tonight's game have anything intriguing about it?

Chiefs/Patriots was obviously a no-brainer, and at least last week you had the Heisman winner's first start, and seeing how the Bengals responded from laying a duckegg.

This week? Eh....it's a divisional game, I guess.

I'm actually pretty excited to watch the Rams this year. I know it's probably been done to death, but the Rams Defense with Aaron Donald is so much fun to watch, and think the Rams might have a chance to be good this year. Goff and Gurley have had pretty promising starts so far and a divisional game to boot.

From the 49ers point of view, I suppose they are in the middle of a rebuild, obviously a stop gap QB in place at the moment, and they have been poor offensively, but I expect them to improve as they get used to Shanahan's system. I do wonder what they would look like if Kaepernick hadn't opted out of his contract and was in place instead of Hoyer.

This early in the season, Thursday football hasn't jaded me yet, I'm still too excited to watch any siort of NFL, but come back to me in week 10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

21-10 on the season to date,

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

14-2 last week.

Thursday Night Football 1.25AM

Rams v 49ers

Sunday 2.30PM

Ravens v Jags @ Wembley

Sunday Early Slot

Texans v Patriots
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles Sky Sports
    Broncos v Bills

Sunday Late Slot

Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers Sky Sports

Sunday Night Football 1.30AM

Raiders v Redskins

Monday Night Football 1.30AM

Cowboys v Cardinals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Let's hope the 49ers fans bother to turn out tonight otherwise it could be a fairly poor atmosphere of a stadium that seems to me that fans aren't that fond of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Let's hope the 49ers fans bother to turn out tonight otherwise it could be a fairly poor atmosphere of a stadium that seems to me that fans aren't that fond of.

It's some disaster of a venue alright. From what I've read, one whole side of it gets unbearably hot, so largely remains empty. The tickets are wildly expensive and aimed mainly at a corporate market, which is disastrous for atmosphere, and as long as the team is terrible is an awful business plan since corporate types are less likely to want to obtain the tickets. And also it's absolutely miles and miles away from San Francisco, making it a hoor to get to and back for most fans even if they can afford the tickets. Seems to have been a horribly thought through move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

It's some disaster of a venue alright. From what I've read, one whole side of it gets unbearably hot, so largely remains empty. The tickets are wildly expensive and aimed mainly at a corporate market, which is disastrous for atmosphere, and as long as the team is terrible is an awful business plan since corporate types are less likely to want to obtain the tickets. And also it's absolutely miles and miles away from San Francisco, making it a hoor to get to and back for most fans even if they can afford the tickets. Seems to have been a horribly thought through move.

It held wrestlemania and one side has all glass on one side and for the first part of the event fans were complaining of unbelievable glare off the big glass frontage.

I mean was rebuilding on the site of Candlestick park completely out ? That might have been an old building but jaysus what a view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

18-13 on year

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Entertaining enough game

dfx- wrote: »
    Entertaining enough game
    Yeah not bad at all. Gurley is always entertaining.

Hoyer isn't good but he hasn't been terrible at all, has shown an ability to air out the ball a bit with some success. (Think veiled criticism of the bears there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Really entertaining game. 49ers get to within 1 score and on the KO Rams players coughs it up. Game on.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Really entertaining game. 49ers get to within 1 score and on the KO Rams players coughs it up. Game on.
    Then a ****ing terrible offensive po call and an offensive line catastrophe when all they needed was a poxy field goal. **** teams have a knack for doing **** things. Entertaining match though, Thursday work those teams wasn't meant to be that much craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Only watched the highlights this morning. The Highlights video which normally is 2 or 3 minutes was 12.30! If I were the Rams coach I'd have cut the kick returner for running it out in such a tight game at the end. Mad. Looked like the 49ers would steal it at the end. Didn't show how they ended up at 4th and 20 after they recovered the onside kick.

Happy enough to have Gurley on my Fantasy team though. Big numbers.

Was it the missed XP that killed the 49ers in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Missed XP, but they went for 2 after the next TD and didn't make it. So yeah, should have been level if the XP wasn't missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A very happy Rams fan. :-)

After the last couple of seasons, nice to see our offense take off. Cant argue with 40+pts in 2/3 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Goff has some bad habits like eyeing up the #1 receiver and as was pointed out last night his tendency to drop backwards outside of the pocket under pressure, but the guy has made absolutely huge strides forward and looks very much like a legitimate NFL QB. It's almost fair to say he's a bit like a rookie still because of the absolute shambles he was playing under last season, but he's also been impressive in terms of shrugging that off and starting this season fresh. Early days but the Rams also seem to have very much for losing their draft picks on him by picking up Watson and Woods (24 and 25y/o so good for a decade if they work out, both experienced but young enough to be rookies still) for effectively just a second round pick as well as Kupp looking like a good slot guy so far.

Was very impressed by that backup linebacker Longacre in the first half last night too.

Went to bed at the half thinking my €20 Rams -3 bet at 21/20 was looking pretty sweet though... :mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

keano_afc wrote: »
    A very happy Rams fan. :-)

After the last couple of seasons, nice to see our offense take off. Cant argue with 40+pts in 2/3 games.

To be fair, MASSIVE disclaimer needed on the fact that it's the Colts and 49ers... The Rams have a pretty soft schedule this year. They should really get to 9 wins at least.

Ive just finished the condensed version of the game from last night and that was a very good game. The OPI cakl at the end looked harsh enough but they only gave one angle in the condensed version.

And I liked the Rams uniforms. I liked that colour.

Not humanly possible.

• Advertisement

Not humanly possible.
    Ah stop we've had far worse colours in the past RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It will be interesting to see how Trump’s tweet will impact any protests tomorrow.

Apparently the Bills are planning something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Think it will escalate it.

He's pissed off NFL and NBA players in the last 24 hours

Reminder that Ravens/Jaguars kicks-off at 2:30pm today. :)

Just looking at twitter and trumps comments seem to have had the obvious response from teams and players.

I mean of things you'd call disrespecting the flag I don't think kneeling is one of them. Disrespecting the flag to me is to physically damage a flag or burn it or something like that.

I mean GMFB weekend yesterday opened the show with trumps comments and the commissioners response. I don't watch that show for politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A lot of Trump's supporters would be unhappy with people kneeling during the national anthem.

Personally I think it's stupid and doesn't work because it becomes all about the individual and not at all about the cause.

There are much better better ways to highlight an issue like wearing a t-shirt or dying your hair or something like that.

LeBron James made a huge mistake disrespecting the President. It's ok to disrespect Trump but you have to make that very clear when you do it. The way he did it was disrespecting the President and not the person. This is going to lead to people booing him at nba games, hopefully it doesn't get any worse than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

eagle eye wrote: »
    LeBron James made a huge mistake disrespecting the President. It's ok to disrespect Trump but you have to make that very clear when you do it. The way he did it was disrespecting the President and not the person. This is going to lead to people booing him at nba games, hopefully it doesn't get any worse than that.

LeBron is arguably the most hated player in the league as it is. People booing him at games has been going on for the last 7 years since he moved to Miami in controversial circumstances and would be the least of his worries. He has even had racist graffiti sprayed on the gates of his house recently.

If there's any player in the NBA who is best placed to handle whatever is thrown at him, it's LeBron. He has developed a bulletproof mentality.

Free and legal stream for the Ravens/Jaguars game below, courtesy of Yahoo!.

Hit 'High HD' quality and it's superb:

https://nflstream.yahoo.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Disgusting, the amount of players not standing for the anthem. (watching JAX/BAL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You obviously don't understand the significance of the anthem.

PS - if "stick it to the clown" is the mentality really, where is Kapernick? How come he isn't signed? He had all the talent to be a competent starting QB.

This is going to be a very, very long day on offense for Baltimore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement