Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 3 Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yesterday was exactly five years to the day since Tate caught the "Fail Mary" pass. Crazy coincidence given what happened in the Lions/Falcons game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I didn't see his knee down or any significant part of his body. I'm baffled still after watching it again as broadcast.

I didn't see it at first either, but if you go back and look at the replay, you can see his knee is down short of the goal line and then comes back up again, almost as if he pushes himself off of it.

a8WlvDZ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Darren Sproles tore his ACL and broke his arm on the same play. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Darren Sproles tore his ACL and broke his arm on the same play. :eek:
    What ? Ah **** that's a horrible luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What ? Ah **** that's a horrible luck.

Pretty much the only tackle Thompson was able to make all game as well, to make matters worse.

Sproles will be 35 before the next season starts. Think that's retirement for him now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You'd have to assume so. He's had a good career and hopefully he's looked after himself financially. Do the rehab and enjoy your money

You'd have to assume so. He's had a good career and hopefully he's looked after himself financially. Do the rehab and enjoy your money

Yeah, there are a lot of miles on the clock and an ACL is a big thing and at north of 30 it's a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yeah, there are a lot of miles on the clock and an ACL is a big thing and at north of 30 it's a big ask.

From what I remember he said he was done after this season with us, horrible way to finish his career, any word on Fletcher cox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sproles had already announced that this was his last season. Horrible way for it to end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Really horrible, and only a few hundred all purpose yards shy of 20,000 for his career. Some career he had, all the same - one of the most exciting players of the last 10-12 years to watch.

Hococop wrote: »
    From what I remember he said he was done after this season with us, horrible way to finish his career, any word on Fletcher cox?

Day to day according to Doug Pederson.

Real shame I think he has a bad speavh impediment also which would likely prevent him going into media. Hopefully he can get into coaching he's a very high iq player and probably one of the only players that is still underrated after getting the underrated label

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Missed out on all the flag talk yesterday, so looking forward to some MNF National Anthem talk for the next couple of hours.

Great start for Arizona, and lovely touch on the throw from Palmer. Looked very calm in the pocket there.

Big break there for Dallas, could've been 14-0 down but for the penalty, then should have been 10-0 down but for a missed chip shot field goal. Only 7-0 down and get the ball back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Arizona D have looked really tough so far, my first time watching them this season. They'll need the offense to step it up, this kind of thing isn't sustainable if they are on the field all night.

Cardinals D giving Dallas a huge helping hand with two dumb penalties. Offside followed by the personal foul on back to back plays. Crazy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

great catch by Fitzgerald

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

It's a shocker this week 7-9

29-18 for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    18-13 on year

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

8-8 making me 26-21 on season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

Lots of upsets this week, so only got 8-8.
    31-16 for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sullysark

Jerry Jones taking a kneel. FairPlay sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sullysark wrote: »
    Jerry Jones taking a kneel. FairPlay sir.

My dislike of Jones has been put on the record in this forum long ago. But something strange happened last night, he went and earned my admiration and respect. Post match, he kept emphasising unity and equality. So I had to raise a glass...

image.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

My dislike of Jones has been put on the record in this forum long ago. But something strange happened last night, he went and earned my admiration and respect. Post match, he kept emphasising unity and equality. So I had to raise a glass...

I'll admit as a cowboys fan i didn't expect that from Jeremiah, but fair bloody play to him

Anyways, important win for the cowboys last night, four touchdowns three receiving against one of the top ten defenses is very good. Would be nice for us to have a crap defence coming up soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Same here, never been a fan of Jerry but that was a great and well thought out gesture. They provided what I thought was a good alternative to kneeling during the anthem but they got booed anyway. Shows that the don't disrespect the troops narrative is just a bunch of BS to hide their true narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭conor222

conor222 wrote: »

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals
    Ooof, 7-9 this week, brings it to 29 - 18 on the season :pac:

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

8-8 seems about par for the course this week, 31-16 overall.

A reminder, if we needed one, about the importance of home field advantage in the NFL. 7 of my 8 incorrect predictions were home winners (and likely underdogs). I had read previously, that one of the best value bets against the spread, historically speaking, is the home underdog, that it is still the one thing that is undervalued by bookies and bettors alike.

But that's not the message that the protest is about at all. It's just people now joining it for some fuzzy feel good stuff.

Similarly the Packers released a statement referring to unity and even incorporating references to the police. That's a complete fudge.

Unity? Kaep did not take a knee for "unity". It was to protest police brutality.

I think ultimately what the Packers, Jones and others are doing is diluting the issue so much that pretty soon even Trump will ra ra for love and unity, it'll be knees taken for this cause or that before the anthem but all stand for the anthem and the message will be forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Rams v 49ers
    Texans v Patriots
    Ravens v Jags
    Falcons v Lions
    Steelers v Bears
    Buccaneers v Vikings
    Saints v Panthers
    Browns v Colts
    Dolphins v Jets
    Giants v Eagles
    Broncos v Bills
    Seahawks v Titans
    Bengals v Packers
    Chiefs v Chargers
    Raiders v Redskins
    Cowboys v Cardinals

9-7 this week not bad considering there were a couple of upsets out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Similarly the Packers released a statement referring to unity and even incorporating references to the police. That's a complete fudge.

Nothing similar to what Jones kept saying post game then. His repeated use of the word and emphasis on 'equality' doesn't need any translation, it's pretty clear what he meant, nothing was fudged.

• Advertisement

Nothing similar to what Jones kept saying post game then. His repeated use of the word and emphasis on 'equality' doesn't need any translation, it's pretty clear what he meant, nothing was fudged.
    Did he talk about police brutality, that it is a systemic problem that disproportionately affects black people and that the protest was specifically addressing that problem? Because if not then it's a fudge, and effectively renders the whole protest toothless, effacing what it originally meant and making it more palatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

Did he talk about police brutality, that it is a systemic problem that disproportionately affects black people and that the protest was specifically addressing that problem? Because if not then it's a fudge, and effectively renders the whole protest toothless, effacing what it originally meant and making it more palatable.

I don't know. I took it is as a I don't agree with the issues (or does not actually think it is an issue) they are protesting for but I support their right to protest.

Of course maybe he sees the importance of keeping the players on side and did it to stop any sort of split instead.

Christy42 wrote: »

I don't know. I took it is as a I don't agree with the issues (or does not actually think it is an issue) they are protesting for but I support their right to protest.

Of course maybe he sees the importance of keeping the players on side and did it to stop any sort of split instead.
    Yeah I don't actually really doubt that Jones means well, as such, and that he and other owners genuinely want to stand with their players when they are having their character called into question and so on. It's just that to do that almost requires of them that they try and de-fang the whole protest, because they don't want to actually support the original aims of the protest, just to protest the comments of trump (or if we're more cynical, to be seen not to be on Trump's side in that kind of view of the players as easily fired meat)

Advertisement