Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tonight Show - Virgin Media One

Options

Comments

I'm fairly sure you wouldn't give a damn about the abuse cases in the UK, but for the fact that you hate Muslims even more than you hate women.

Ha ha you are some virtue signaller. As an uncle to three young kids i very much care about the fact that we are led by weak leaders who are leaving backward barbarians enter our borders and push their weight about and a person with a grain of intelligence would realise that letting dangerous loons who believe in 7th century ideologiy beyond our borders is somewhere between reckless and treason but of course you or your ilk dont care about facts do you?

So what does your hypocritical feminist friends think of the fact that rape is part and parcel of the 'culture' within some idoelogies? You havent answered this? No opinion of course whatsoever, they pick their battles carefully. Off to your safe space

I'm fairly sure you wouldn't give a damn about the abuse cases in the UK, but for the fact that you hate Muslims even more than you hate women.

You clearly dont either. Same as your idiot friends you would prefer to focus on the whatsapp messages between four idiots and tar all western men with the same brush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Ha ha you are some virtue signaller. As an uncle to three young kids i very much care about the fact that we are led by weak leaders who are leaving backward barbarians enter borders but of course you dont care about facts do you?

So what does your hypocritical feminist friends think of the fact that rape is part and parcel of the 'culture' within some idoelogies? You havent answered this? No opinion of course whatsoever, they pick their battles carefully. Off to your safe space

As an anonymous person on the internet, I have no reason to 'signal' my 'virtue'. I don't have any 'hypocritical feminist friends', but my own opinion is that they should throw away the key. Rape is not 'part and parcel' of anyone's culture.
    You clearly dont either. Same as your idiot friends you would prefer to focus on the whatsapp messages between four idiots and tar all western men with the same brush

My idiot friends aren't here to defend themselves, so let's leave them out of this. And let's not pretend that anyone is tarring all western men with the same brush. That's just paranoiac nonsense.

As an anonymous person on the internet, I have no reason to 'signal' my 'virtue'. I don't have any 'hypocritical feminist friends', but my own opinion is that they should throw away the key. Rape is not 'part and parcel' of anyone's culture.

My idiot friends aren't here to defend themselves, so let's leave them out of this. And let's not pretend that anyone is tarring all western men with the same brush. That's just paranoiac nonsense.

Good grief. You are on the Louise o'neill thread defending her and now you are on this thread attacking the rapists and we are meant to believe you are not a virtue signaller?

Rape is not part and parcel of anyones culture? Perhaps explain that to the young girls in various towns around the UK who were passed around a sex ring and amazingly amongst many Muslim men. Of course your only response to this will be to accuse me of not genuinely caring instead of not answering the question that is put to you.

Out of road. Jog on.

My idiot friends aren't here to defend themselves
    , so let's leave them out of this. And let's not pretend that anyone is tarring all western men with the same brush. That's just paranoiac nonsense.

Your idiot friends have somehow managed to get 'I believe her' trending which is an achievement in idiocy in itself considering a not guilty verdict was returned unanimously.

• Advertisement

Good grief. You are on the Louise o'neill thread defending her and now you are on this thread attacking the rapists and we are meant to believe you are not a virtue signaller?

Rape is not part and parcel of anyones culture? Perhaps explain that to the young girls in various towns around the UK who were passed around a sex ring and amazingly amongst many Muslim men. Of course your only response to this will be to accuse me of not genuinely caring instead of not answering the question that is put to you.

Out of road. Jog on.

I know that you and your little friends would prefer if the Louise O'Neill thread was an echo chamber, but please understand (or at least try) that not every opinion that differs from yours is the result of the holder of that opinion signalling their virtue.

And no, rape is not part and parcel of anyone's culture, but I think we might just have to agree to disagree on that one.
    Your idiot friends have somehow managed to get 'I believe her' trending which is an achievement in idiocy in itself considering a not guilty verdict was returned unanimously.

Even one of the rugby players acknowledged that she wasn't lying about being raped, but that their perception of events differed, so I don't understand why you would take issue with someone believing her.

I know that you and your little friends would prefer if the Louise O'Neill thread was an echo chamber, but please understand (or at least try) that not every opinion that differs from yours is the result of the holder of that opinion signalling their virtue.

And no, rape is not part and parcel of anyone's culture, but I think we might just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Even one of the rugby players acknowledged that she wasn't lying about being raped, but that their perception of events differed, so I don't understand why you would take issue with someone believing her.

Yawn, your boring me now with your strawman arguments. Go away. Found not guilty by a jury of 11. More holes in her story then a fishermans net

Yawn, your boring me now with your strawman arguments. Go away. Found not guilty by a jury of 11. More holes in her story then a fishermans net

Again, I think we should probably agree to disagree. Especially if I'm boring you with my boring facts. Take care. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

All I can say for certainty is that Ian O' Doherty is a tiresome windbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Arghus wrote: »
    I don't agree with O'Doherty all of the time. But in fairness to him, there are a lot of cases where he is literally the ONLY person prepared to take the contrarian, unpopular point of view. Even though, in many cases, that view is representative of a lot of people but not acknowledged or represented in the media. And who else on TV or radio is prepared to do this? D'Arcy? Yates? Cooper? Let's be honest, most male presenters put their own popularity before making a point in defense of these innocent men -  that would be controversial. They are all gutless and self serving, terrified of saying something unpopular that will make them the target of a Twitter campaign.
    Just looking at the website, the episode from the 29th is not up yet. How long does it normally take them to put up the shows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

markodaly wrote: »
    The whole idea of #ibelieveher is actually counter factual,

I wouldn't have a lot of truck with Ian O'Doherty normally. In fact, I find him downright obnoxious at times. But here, he's entirely correct. To automatically hand belief over to someone, anyone, is an absolute absurdity and opens the gate to people who wish to exploit that as a weapon for their own means.

Of course, when a woman or a girl makes a "complaint" or, more to the point, accusation of sexual assault, then absolutely she should be listened to and understood in a compasionate way, with real follow through on the case that she's made by the relevant authorities.

But, simply believing her account without, as O'Doherty put it, any qualification is ridiculous.

I think this attitude is stemmed from this kind of hashtag sloganeering that prevalent across social media. Someone #'s a quick soundbyte and a lot of people follow it, without testing whether that slogan holds water. Profering automatic belief is a dumb premise that doesn't even stand up to the slightest of scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Arghus wrote: »

You must have had the mute button on so when Roe McDermott was bladdering on about Toxic Masculinity.

I think Boylan and O Doherty did well to hold their own considering that Cooper and his sidekick were biased against them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Kevin Sharkey's gone full Dana, Never go full Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Could you list out a few of the "holes in her argument".. Just wondering like..

southstar wrote: »
    Could you list out a few of the "holes in her argument".. Just wondering like..

Well firstly why did she go back for her belongings after she had been raped? Strange behaviour for a woman who suffered such a brutal experience. A woman that 'froze' only a few minutes earlier.

Also, she said she was lying on her stomach while looking at Jackson pleading with him not to let the other lad rape her. Physically impossible.

In any case rape couldnt be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

This 'getting up early in the morning' cliched nonsense is hilarious. Not everyone who gets up early or puts in long hours for that matter will be rewarded. As the stockbroker guy said tonight, the civil servants have it far too soft. A whole culture of richly rewarding mediocrity, failure, non common sense, bureaucracy and inflexibility

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Just catching up on last nights show. Brenda Power is an absolute turd. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭cala

Just catching up on last nights show. Brenda Power is an absolute turd. That is all.

Very observant of you. excellent assessment.

About time O Riordain realised that Labour is finished.

He was shown up for the leftie spoofer he is on the show last night.

About time O Riordain realised that Labour is finished.

He was shown up for the leftie spoofer he is on the show last night.

He toed the Fine Gael line for five years. He's no leftie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Isn't it gas. Labour were grand when they were propping up Fine Gael.

Now, they're "Lefties". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Tony EH wrote:

Did there policies somehow change when they were in government?! No there lefties buy granted not as left as SF

Tony EH wrote: »

Now, they're "Lefties". :rolleyes:

They were never grand in my book, I despise Labour and can't wait for the day they are finished for good.

He toed the Fine Gael line for five years. He's no leftie.

He is about as leftie as it's possible to be.

Doesn't want to give working people tax cuts and all that was bothering him when he was in the Dail was getting ethnic status for pavees.

He is about as leftie as it's possible to be.

Doesn't want to give working people tax cuts and all that was bothering him when he was in the Dail was getting ethnic status for pavees.

It bothered him so much that he didn't turn up to vote when Sinn Féin originally put the motion forward. Like so many in Labour, he stands for nothing whatsoever.

It bothered him so much that he didn't turn up to vote when Sinn Féin originally put the motion forward. Like so many in Labour, he stands for nothing whatsoever.

The Centre Right is well represented tonight on the VB show ... with alan kelly on board.....James Connolly must be turning in his grave!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Garphiel

Disgusting behaviour from Ivana Bacik on tonights show, trying to exploit the Vicky Phelan controversy to push her own personal repeal the 8th agenda.

Garphiel wrote: »
    Disgusting behaviour from Ivana Bacik on tonights show, trying to exploit the Vicky Phelan controversy to push her own personal repeal the 8th agenda.

Are you only seeing what Labour is like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

What the fcuk has happened to half moon face Collette Browne, her face looks to be botoxed to the last. WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Absolute gobshıt HealyRae. He has to be putting on that accent. I have never heard anyone speak like that. Gombeen politics.

Advertisement