Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tonight Show - Virgin Media One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Talking with hands on tv should be banned:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Durkan raised a question every year in the dail. Wow, well done you

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Killerjack

Except for Matt cooper. Anything other than his whine. And then there's the shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dunphy lost the run of himself last night.

Dunphy lost the run of himself last night yet again.

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

FYP ;)

Fair point!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dunphy lost the run of himself last night.

Ivan Yates wasn't much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Did anyone else find it kinda weird that twenty one pilots was playing while Paschal Donohoe was talking

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ashfield_1990

Too many people on the panel tonight with the same message. The banks were in the wrong. There's nothing to debate on this issue.

Too many people on the panel tonight with the same message. The banks were in the wrong. There's nothing to debate on this issue.

No debate regarding who was in the wrong but what justice they should face. Personally i think the bastards should be pursued to the courts.

• Advertisement

*Grabs popcorn* Go MHR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

"Not for a criminal...It was a burglary"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

"Not for a criminal...It was a burglary"

Ha.
    I don't mind Mary tbh (she' not the worst) but she made a bit of an eejit of herself saying that

Ivan Yates has lost the plot.
    "Erotic appeal"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Can't look at Mary without thinking beetle juice, beetle juice, beetle......

Pearse well able for Yates

I've a new found respect for MHR after his Living with Lucy episode.

They should let Dunphy on every night. It's kinda boring without him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭McBain11

Am I the only one who can't stand Ivan Yates? He is really turning me off this show. He has no feel for when to interject or let the flow of the conversation or argument go on. He seems to talk over people or else ask them really unclear questions a lot thinking he can catch someone out. He asks an unclear question, he then gets a totally confused answer, he then tries to clear up the actual question he was originally asking. He's absolutely awful at this gig. Then there's his smarmy head. It reeks of smarminess!

They should let Dunphy on every night. It's kinda boring without him!

Dunphy was a disgrace last night with his comments on the Tom Humphries case. The bias was incredible. I can only imagine what Dunphys take on such a scenario would be if the victim was a family member of his and the perpetrator a totally unknown to him. There would be no better man calling for life sentences etc. in such a scenario. As it was he had the gall to call out another abuse victim for calling for harsher or life sentences. He let himself down badly last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,267 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

McBain11 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can't stand Ivan Yates? He is really turning me off this show. He has no feel for when to interject or let the flow of the conversation or argument go on. He seems to talk over people or else ask them really unclear questions a lot thinking he can catch someone out. He asks an unclear question, he then gets a totally confused answer, he then tries to clear up the actual question he was originally asking. He's absolutely awful at this gig. Then there's his smarmy head. It reeks of smarminess!

Not by a long shot. He's a terrible presenter and always has been. It's a wonder how he got any gig in broadcasting...

...or is it?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,037 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Agreed, he's an unprofessional self-centred tool. He wants to be Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity or Piers Morgan but he hasnt got the intellect.

I heard Chris Donoghue has been promoted to Political Editor of Communicorp this morning, but sent to the 8th Committee full time for his sins. I do quite miss himself and Sarah and Vin B, more than I thought.

The early figures for Yeats Cooper will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

I actually don't mind Yates too much in so far as he is removed from Cooper and the incessant PC brigade in Irish media however with that said the questions from the two lads come across as very scripted

I could never understand his appeal.
    I don't know how people fall for his everyman contrarian shtick. He is anything but an everyman. Cute is the only word that comes to mind.
    And people buy it because he's seen as self-made but unfortunate in business. ****e. I love his wife's excuse about not knowing what she was signing. Cute out.

Dunphy was a disgrace last night with his comments on the Tom Humphries case. The bias was incredible. I can only imagine what Dunphys take on such a scenario would be if the victim was a family member of his and the perpetrator a totally unknown to him. There would be no better man calling for life sentences etc. in such a scenario. As it was he had the gall to call out another abuse victim for calling for harsher or life sentences. He let himself down badly last night.

Dunphy's a clown at this stage.
    That's a shockingly lenient sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Michelle Itchy Squad

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    I actually don't mind Yates too much in so far as he is removed from Cooper and the incessant PC brigade in Irish media however with that said the questions from the two lads come across as very scripted

Agreed prefer him to the lefty Cooper and Feminist McShouty Mcinerery

Frightening viewing tonight. What are the ratings on this show or Vincent Brownes old slot? Looks like TV3 have killed what was a great tv slot for current affairs discussion with one single decision - making Ivan Yates a co presenter. It's only a matter of time I presume til this show is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Matt's apology for not have a female on the first discussion panel is like WTF... who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

technocrat wrote:
    Matt's apology for not have a female on the first discussion panel is like WTF... who cares!

Lefty SJW clown is all

• Advertisement

technocrat wrote: »

That was just strange. Do we now have to have a man, woman and someone of different races available on every single talk show topic. You have to wonder about people these days!

What he should have been saying about the rail strike discussion is, we are sorry we have tried numerous times to get someone from the transport department or government in, but they have all refused. That is what was relevant. Not whether there were men or women present.

This show is really getting on my tits now. I really like the time slot for a bit of current affairs discussion, but it's just an absolute rabble of a show.

Advertisement