Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong item received from ebay from China.

Options
  • 19-09-2017 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered wireless Nintendo Wii U controller for €10 from ebay from China. Paid through PayPal.
    Received PC wired USB controller.
    After contacting seller, he is offering half money back and I keep PC Controller.

Is this reasonable solution, or should I insist on receiving correct item?
    Can seller ask me to send back controller I received on my cost? If so, it's probably not worth it.

Any advice?

Paid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

think id take the half refund , but do Paypal pay for return cost now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Defo don't send it back. It'll cost you more than the value of the thing. Stick what you got up on Adverts or Donedeal. Could be a win, win for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Refuse.

Full refund or nothing, these sellers will always lo ball to try and minimize costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Similar happened to me a few days ago. They offered a 40% refund and said I could keep the item as it would be too expensive to send back. I politely declined and said I would send it back at their cost and I wanted the item I ordered. The next message said ok we will give you a full refund and you can keep the item.!
    I suggest you try something similar especially if you bought it through eBay or paid via PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Thanks everyone for answers.

Yes, did the same - refused to accept 50% refund, and claimed that item I received doesn't work - at least for me as it was probably not compatibile with windows 10.

They refunded 100% and asked for positive feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement